Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

spendius

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 07:05 am
An Election Address from The Independent Candidate.

Wolf wrote in an Epistle to the Anti-IDarians

Quote:
All good scientists set out to prove themselves wrong.{/quote]

I would prefer to say that they think they are right with their hypothesis, which is what motivates them, and they set out to discount the possibilty of their peer-reviewers proving them wrong after they have committed themselves in never to be recalled black and white all signed for. Hence the tests they will do are all those which they can predict others can do and they then become self-referential as a group as the knowledge of which tests are possible is shared by the group through their in-house publications which nobody outside the group can understand. Without political or religious inhibition they eventually get out of control, as would any group in similar circumstances, and thus, under the exigencies of the "Will to Power" urge, which is quite natural and understandable, they will attack, using every trick in the rhetorical textbooks, any forces which inhibit their progress to world leadership.

Tests which they can't predict others in the group will do, such as holding a wet finger in the wind or sniffing the evening breeze, do not concern them. Such tests are left to others, the rest, the ignorant masses, the ones to whom it is done, and if the others fail to carry out the tests they have been left with they will inevitably end up under the stamping boots of atheistic, secular, materialism and will need to fill in a form to go for a **** in order that the authorities can be alerted and efficiently collect the **** for their programme of extracting any undigested nutrient it may contain (15% say), concentrating and canning it, and sending it off on one of the famine relief programmes which their Great Leader will see off at the airport to show how caring and compassionate atheistic, secular materialism is.

Any journalist who had the effrontery to question the use famine relief has for an atheistic, secular, materialist society would of course be declared insane and have to undergo correctional treatment.

It is a simple task for the gentle reader to get a feel for the temperment of such an elite by reading the literary (stop tittering) productions of the inchoate forms up above recently labelled fm et al by timber and allowing them, just imaginatively and in short bursts, power.

The rest of Wolf's post is a description of the trial and error method, as when trying to find the right key for the side door when arriving home from the pub sheeted, only it is presented in the best possible light Wolf is capable of which needs must be accepted for Wolf is a junior member of the elite corps and thus protected under the rules.

Just by reading it one can feel imagination being damped down at the least and as science is actually about nothing other than imaginative flights of fancy it seems self contradictory unless you define science in terms of the suck it and see principle and with that we are all scientists even the nippers suckling at the breast.

Speaking now for myself I must say I felt insulted to be addressed on a world wide forum as if I am a moron but we have to accept that the uninhibited atheistic, secular, materialist elite views everyone not within its folds as morons and given power that is bad news for us. Very bad news.

I invite your votes.

Anti-ID-OUT!.....OUT!!!!..........(deep breath)...OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

rosborne979 wrote:
farmerman wrote:
Then he rejects the laws of physics, chemistry, geology,etc that govern these data. He rejects science period.

Yes, RL has stated this before. He calls is a "naturalistic bias", which is of course the foundation of science.

RL is a poofist. He believes in magic, and he uses a "magical bias" to interpret the data. It's a self-enclosed world view, not driven by empirical reality.

That would imply that his "reasongin" is a closed system, in which entropy will lead intellectual equilibrium, and therefore, he will be incapable of altering his point of view. That makes sense to me.
0 Replies

farmerman

rl Many pges back , I gave you the LAWs of Thermo in equation form and , mathematically , we discussed how 2nd Thermo is "Mathematically unstable" doing what you wish it to.

As to the data I presented, You obviously dont recognize that the data is unambiguous. Lets take magnetic remnance . Do you recognize that the magnetic "stripes" on the ocean floor are detectable and were discovered as a result of towing magnetometers around in WWII looking for unexploded mines and other ordinance? The fact that they hadda keep switching the dipole meant that the stripes were xconsistent as the ship traveled parallel with longitude. A CAnadian geophysicist after WWII went out searching for these anomalies and discovered that they mirrored each other across the line of mid ocean ridges and that new ocean basin magma was upwelling at these points. The data that nailed this was Hazens correlation of magnetic field reversals and the relative width of the oceanic magnetic "stripes" . The measurement of the actual movement was accomplished by careful surveying across a couple of mid oceanic ridges and from which data on sea floor spreading rates were made.

ALL this was data. The conclusion was that the Ocean floor in the Atlantic , dates back to the Jurassic, (another conlusion is that the Jurassic was when the Atlantic opened the latest time).

All these data are recorded , are available for scrutiny and any religiously based "re-interpretations" . Id love to see em. So far no Creationist web sites have managed to be successful at such "reinterpretations" . The reason is that we cant futz with rate constants built into the data. Theyve been worked over and verified since the days of Airy and Pratt
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 07:11 am
Setanta wrote-

Quote:
That would imply that his "reasongin" is a closed system, in which entropy will lead intellectual equilibrium, and therefore, he will be incapable of altering his point of view.

He would alter his point of view to anything you would care to suggest with a white-hot poker up his arse.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 07:13 am
Setanta wrote:
If someone has told you that entropy does not apply in the "real universe," or that it is only theoretic, that someone was not saying as much in this thread, so your attempt to object here is based upon an irrelevant reference.

Hi Set,

Wolf and I are the ones who gave RL this needle to poke us with. As usual, RL is twisting things out of shape, but what else is new?

I'm not sure if it was this thread or another, but you may remember a point at which RL was asking us to given a real world example of a perfectly closed system. A perfectly closed system would allow no observation within because that would imply the movement of photons or other energy out of the system.

This doesn't mean however that SLT is "only theoretical" any more than gravity is "only theoretical". It only means that the theory itself relates to conditions in a theoretical construct.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 07:16 am
Setanta wrote:
That would imply that his "reasongin" is a closed system, in which entropy will lead intellectual equilibrium, and therefore, he will be incapable of altering his point of view. That makes sense to me.

I agree.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 07:27 am
As an example of the thrust of my election address fm uses the phrase "magnetic remnance" which some readers might pass by thinking he meant "resonance", others be confused and skirt by but most, I feel, of the morons would not understand at all.

And they are not meant to understand. They are not in the swim. They have other tasks to do to keep the scientific establishment rushing onwards to their deserved destiny. It is "in-house" language.

Apart from such things as

Quote:
Zandor=The Last Remnance of a Forgotten Romance
where the "magnetic" then represents the pull of nostalgia and the rememberance of things past.

Such phrases are a common feature of anti-ID posts precisely because they exclude and my posts are judged by those in the swim to be incoherent and the crazed ramblings of a madman. Obviously.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 07:30 am
OK guys, remember not to feed the troll. I know it's fun to poke trolls with pointy sticks, but as with Antaeus when Hercules would throw him to the ground, trolls just gain strength from being replied to.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 07:34 am
Im with ya doggie-breath
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 08:04 am
You see gentle readers what they have for answers. Not even a smidgin of freshness in the composition.

They must think you will be taken in by such vacuousness. I'm a troll now. Who says so? Well they do. As trolls are bad the connection is made and becomes fixed. All purpose insult totally dependent on the assertion at the beginning. Head up arse position. No difficult insights required.

Part of the "fm et al" coalition. Imagine it with power. Pol bloody Pot .

Christianity is precisely a movement of the masses. Here we are- all with votes. Half of us can't even be bothered using them on account of not being worked up about anything. Anti-IDarianism is a elite squad with an elite language and totally opposed to democracy because the facts, the bloody sodding facts for f***'s sake, are everything.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 08:21 am
You are a troll, Spendi, because you do nothing but insult, provide no evidence for any of your views and mistakenly conflate anti-ID movement with anti-Christianity.

Christianity does not equal ID.

Furthermore, you equate Farmerman with Pol Pot now. Any proof that anti-ID will lead to a genocidal regime? Hm? Except for assertions? Hm?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:09 am
GERMANY UPDATE

Quote:
Fundamentalist Christian Group Gets School of Their Own
(Deutsche Welle, August 31, 2006)

Homeschooling is illegal in Germany, and yet the members of the fundamentalist Christian sect "Zwölf Stämme" (Twelve Tribes) have won a victory of sorts in their fight to educate their children outside of Germany's state school system.

Bavarian officials have agreed to let the group's 32 school-aged children be taught by their own teachers in a private school -- albeit one that is subject to state controls. The school has initially been limited to a timeframe of one year.

With the creation of the private school, a "years-long illegal situation has been ended," said Stefan Rössle, district administrator for the region of Donauwörth in Bavaria.

Because of their religious convictions, parents in the Twelve Tribes community had been battling with state officials for over four years to keep their children out of state schools. Twelve Tribes members take the Bible's teachings literally, and prefer to shield their children from some aspects of the modern world. In homeschooling, for example, they teach the creation story, not the theory of evolution.

But because homeschooling is not allowed in Germany, the Twelve Tribes parents paid a high price for their resistance to state education. Over the years, they've amassed some 130,000 euros ($167,000) in unpaid fines, watched their children be forcibly enrolled in state schools, and stood by as one father was imprisoned for two weeks for his resistance. Through it all, they refused to bow to the law.

The result is a compromise solution. The Bavarian Ministry of Educational and Cultural Affairs has approved a curriculum for the group's new private school in which sex education is absent, but where ethics, rather than religion, will be taught. The parents can choose the teachers, but they have to foot the bill for the school themselves.

"For us, the compromise was mainly about protecting the children's right to an education," said a ministry spokesperson.

Unlike homeschooling, the school will still be subject to state supervision. State school officials have the right to visit the school at anytime and check on how lessons are being taught.

"We will keep a very watchful eye on the project," said Rössle.

Green party politicians in the Bavarian state parliament have criticized the compromise, saying the state is not acting in the children's interest when it allows a "questionable religious community" the freedom to educate outside the state system.

This latest example in Bavaria highlights the difficult position state authorities are in when parents simply refuse to obey the law. In recent months, there have been several incidents of homeschooling families clashing with truancy officials, mostly for religious reasons. Their case histories are documented by several homeschooling initiatives in Germany which are lobbying for greater educational freedom.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:10 am
What's the matter Wolf. Anti-IDarians have done plenty of smearing in their time. Am I not allowed a go. Or are you objecting to how good I did it. If you say I'm a troll I must be a troll because an Anti-IDarian said so and they are scientists and can't be wrong because they have empirical data which stand no rebuttal.

You're a dickhead. How's that? It is easy I'll grant you.

Anti-Anti-IDarians use other tests than Anti-IDarians. They stick a wet finger into the wind and sniff the gentle breezes and there is a sense of apprehension in their artistic productions. They see looking at dials and taking readings as pretending not to notice. A hideyhole. A "Don't look at it-we're making dough" attitude.

The wheedling of pennies out of the audience by jollying them to vote on some inane issue so oversimplified as to be ridiculous and setting them quiz questions which the !% who don't know the answer can look up and such like is a bit stenchy to say the least. The general ongoing adaptation of television into a shakedown machine is really smelly. Right in the living room of the millions.

And coutured up ladies with a bit of breast on show, and crossing and recrossing their legs to the cues, fronting up the football programmes. Even got on rugby. The cricket world has so far resisted and as that resistance has been commented on the cricket world obviously have very good reasons of their own for not following the others. The omission doesn't glare-it swears. I don't think the squeaky voice fits in with the tone of the ambience sought after but their obvious admiration for the female shows clearly in the selection of crowd close-ups when the action at the crease is stopped, as it often is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:12 am
Fascinating, Wandel . . . we should try to get Thomas or Walter in here to comment.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:14 am
Walter has posted on this thread at least once or twice, Setanta.

(Thomas, of course, has even posted recently.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:17 am
I sent a PM to Thomas to ask him to comment--i believe he is resident in Bavaria. Walter is in Westphalia.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:19 am
wande quoted-

Quote:
This latest example in Bavaria highlights the difficult position state authorities are in when parents simply refuse to obey the law.

Is there any likelihood of such things happening in the US? Such things do have psychological motivations as well as the surface reasons.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:25 am
spendius wrote:
wande quoted-

Quote:
This latest example in Bavaria highlights the difficult position state authorities are in when parents simply refuse to obey the law.

Is there any likelihood of such things happening in the US? Such things do have psychological motivations as well as the surface reasons.

Good, spendi. That is a relevant question. In the United States, "home schooling" is allowed. Some parents use home schooling so that their children do not need to hear about evolution. In Germany, home schooling is not allowed.

(say hello to Gromit for me)
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:33 am
Setanta wrote-

Quote:
Fascinating, Wandel . . . we should try to get Thomas or Walter in here to comment.

wande wrote-

Quote:
Walter has posted on this thread at least once or twice, Setanta.

(Thomas, of course, has even posted recently.)

Setanta wrote-

Quote:
I sent a PM to Thomas to ask him to comment--i believe he is resident in Bavaria. Walter is in Westphalia.

Inter-office chit chat on the eulogian comprobatio principle between junior staff.

It means "Circle the wagons". Tempt Walter and Thomas into the Anti-IDarian camp.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Thu 31 Aug, 2006 09:35 am
Setanta wrote:

I sent a PM to Walter, however he may not be posting for a while. He is in France this week.

(i am also from nordrhein-westphalia and most of my relatives still live there)
0 Replies