Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Wolf ODonnell

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 07:27 am
spendius wrote:
Wolf-

You still have a problem in the schools.

What practical problem? I still don't see the problem and I don't see it happening in schools where Evolution is taught.

Even if there is the problem, it's nothing to do with a science class. A sociology class perhaps, maybe make a compulsory ethics class, but it has nothing to do with science classes and nothing to do with ID and nothing to do with Evolution.
0 Replies

patiodog

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 07:33 am
Quote:
Patiodawg,

I still don't know what "navel lint" actually is.I've never heard of it.Is it sexy?

Really? Both words are standard English, I believe. Normally I don't like to derail threads, but I believe this is an issue of the utmost importance.

To the more germane -- I do appreciate cultural paranoia directed at science rather than, say, Pakistanis (an object of suspicion for my wife's English grandmother, who in fact hasn't been in Merrie Olde in the past quarter century).
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 07:41 am
patiodawg-

Strawberry jam steam pipes consists of words from the standard English.

What is navel lint for goodness sake?

And "paranoia" only applies to imaginary fears which don't exist outside of the mind of sufferers.Are you suggesting that a fear of science is imaginary or unreasonable?
0 Replies

patiodog

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 07:45 am
Lint in your navel, for goodness sake!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 07:45 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navel_lint

Doe this answer your question?

And now to wash my eyes...
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 07:58 am
Wolf wrote-

Quote:
What practical problem? I still don't see the problem and I don't see it happening in schools where Evolution is taught.

I did more than hint at what the problem is yesterday.A science class is not an isolated entity.It is a part of a school which itself is part of a community in its locality and in the wider society.

If the science teacher is going to refer to belief systems in the manner Essdeeoids do,which is a reasonable assumption as both come from similar segments of the population,is s/he not going to get into fights in the staff room and at PTA meetings and not only confuse the kids but bring education into disrepute.The whole school is going to have to take a lead from the science class in this particular matter.

Might I ask you to read Post no 1935366 on page 433 with focus.That's as far as I'm prepared to go on a thread which is mainly read in a country where they had a collective nervous breakdown when a tit was flashed at the Superbowl.

Have you checked out the Babestation channels on Digital?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:02 am
spendius wrote:

I did more than hint at what the problem is yesterday.
Laughing

oh sorry thought you said lint, my mistake
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:08 am
Wolf wrote-

Thanks.I've never experienced or heard of it before.I do know that ladies don't have it and I have no experience of men in regard to belly-buttons.

I've heard of smegma though which is mentioned on your link.We call it Organzola.

PS. I did read that anybody could edit Wikipedia so I leave it out.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:25 am
spendius wrote:
Wolf wrote-

Quote:

I did more than hint at what the problem is yesterday.A science class is not an isolated entity.It is a part of a school which itself is part of a community in its locality and in the wider society.

If the science teacher is going to refer to belief systems in the manner Essdeeoids do,which is a reasonable assumption as both come from similar segments of the population,is s/he not going to get into fights in the staff room and at PTA meetings and not only confuse the kids but bring education into disrepute.The whole school is going to have to take a lead from the science class in this particular matter.

Which is why a science teacher must never talk about ID in science, which is actually a belief system. You keep saying, don't teach evolution, don't teach evolution. But you don't make a single post that convinces anyone here that Evolution does what you say it does.

Quote:
Might I ask you to read Post no 1935366 on page 433 with focus.That's as far as I'm prepared to go on a thread which is mainly read in a country where they had a collective nervous breakdown when a tit was flashed at the Superbowl.

Have you checked out the Babestation channels on Digital?

What has Babestation got to do with Evolution?

Really. You're linking Evolution with everything. You give Evolution far too much credit.

Somebody here and help me out, because I'm in a state of shock and disbelief. I can barely string sentences out into a logical sequence right about now.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:20 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Somebody here and help me out, because I'm in a state of shock and disbelief. I can barely string sentences out into a logical sequence right about now.

Wolf,

The rest of us have all stopped being shocked by spendius. I once told him that the best we could do was to save him from his own obscure thinking. His response: "My thinking is not in the least obscure to me." Apparently he makes sense to himself. The rest of us have have great difficulty making sense out of what he posts.

There are different opinions about what spendius is trying to communicate. In my opinion, spendius is a self-taught sociologist (the worst kind of sociologist). He likes to read the works of social historians. Unfortunately it seems he has a strange way of assimilating the information from his reading.

My method for dealing with any shock is to lie down in a dark room until I calm down.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:28 am
Wolf wrote-

Quote:
What has Babestation got to do with Evolution?

Well- things like Babestation,which is quite tame actually,would have caused the government to be overthrown not so many years ago when religious beliefs were stronger than they are now.I mean had they allowed it which they wouldn't of course.Tell me how an aetheist can find any objection to it or to what it will presumably evolve into fairly soon.It sells.Things that don't sell don't evolve.There was one channel 12 months ago and now there are a number.Maybe 10.And that's on TV.All you need is a Digibox.Secularisation has only one way to go.

One dollar is the same as any other dollar so each dollar those young ladies earn is exactly the same as each dollar a dedicated intensive care nurse gets and represents a scientific amoral valuation of the respective activities in the economy.And how do you suggest children can discover any other way of assessing value in an exclusively scientific educational system which is,as I've explained,necessary to prevent teachers and parents fighting,the kids being confused and the educational system being laughed at.

I'd just drop evolution altogether.It is not cold science.It's dynamite and Darwin knew it.And it is cultural conditioned by specific circumstances in 19th century posh circle England.

Hey man-you needn't be in a state of shock on here.I'm the only non-Essdeeoid.You have an overwhelming majority on your side.Have you seen the abuse I have had from the massed Essdeeoids.And I can switch into the Acronym thread with n'er a blink.

Did you know that Darwin's children were poor physical specimens.One would have thought an evolutionist would have given up after 2 or 3.Not our Chas though.9 I think it was.Couldn't stop himself I suppose.Poor Emma was going up to 50 with the last one.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 11:37 am
spendi, neither morals nor ethics are dependent upon nor descended from religious faith; religion merely expropriated the principles, hijacked them really, cloaking itself in them - another, indeed among the chief - frauds of which religion is composed and by which it seeks to persist in its insideous influence.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 11:41 am
Well i guess this gives him something to do while waiting for the other dypsos to show up at the local. Whiles away his time and keeps the DT hallucinations at bay . . .
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 11:44 am
What the Hell is an Essdeeoid? The only reason I'm in shock and disbelief is because of what you're saying. It sounds exactly like complete BS. I don't know how to respond to complete bull's droppings.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 11:48 am
Wolf, You're trying to get clarity from a drunk. spendi goes in and out of his ability to articulate. Good luck.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 11:51 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
What the Hell is an Essdeeoid?

I'll attempt a Spendi translation...

Spendi used to say "SD" as opposed to "ID" in previous posts (I'm not even sure what the background on that was).

But my guess is that EssDeeoid is Spendi-gibberish for SDoid, sort of like ID-iot or SDer or IDism.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 12:01 pm
Used to say, SD... Ah! Social Darwinism! Hang on a minute, in that case, Spendi is lying. I'm not a social Darwinist... He's not the only one that isn't a social Darwinist.

Really. I guess I am wasting effort in responding to spendius.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 22 Mar, 2006 12:04 pm
Wolf, Eureka!
0 Replies

Setanta

I believe Spendi proposed "SD" as "Scientific Design." Although completely meaningless, it probably comforted him as "ID" was coming in for a lot of ridicule.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Used to say, SD... Ah! Social Darwinism! Hang on a minute, in that case, Spendi is lying. I'm not a social Darwinist... He's not the only one that isn't a social Darwinist.

Really. I guess I am wasting effort in responding to spendius.

Unless your just killing time, then it's not a total waste.

Also, I don't think SD stands for Social Darwinism, I think it stands for StupidDesign (as opposed to Intelligent Design), or maybe Scientific Design.
0 Replies