Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Setanta

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 02:09 pm
I find it hilarious that there are so many members who post drivel, and accuse others of having no response other than ridiculre and personal remarks, who then resort to ridicule and personal remarks when it becomes too painfully evident that they have posted drivel.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 02:39 pm
Well-all they are doing is a version of pulling out the tongue and going mnuuuuhh!!

Why won't they address the post like grown up debaters have to do.They'd get disqualified in a proper debate.

Even Bernard Manning drew the line at cripple jibes.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 02:49 pm
I have to go to a do.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 05:17 pm
Let's see, where were we?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 05:23 pm
on our way to a 'do' apparantly

dont be toohard on spendi you guys. He thoroughly deserves it but then he is Spendius...
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:12 pm
ros asked -"where were we?"

Quote:
How come the Western human female,excluding a small number of celebrities, is denied these natural modes of judgement for economic and political purposes.

That's one of the spots.There are others when the blusterers do that one.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:25 pm
It's not my fault they haven't read Stanley and the Women by Kingsley Amis and as a result are 400,000 years out of date.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:28 pm
They don't even seem to have confronted Bank Dick and that's very early Baroque from one of their very own.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:45 pm
spendius wrote:

Quote:
How come the Western human female,excluding a small number of celebrities, is denied these natural modes of judgement for economic and political purposes.

The question wasn't literal. It was an allusion to the fact that we were WAY off track.

But it doesn't matter. I don't understand your reply anyway.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:46 pm
spendius wrote:
It's not my fault they haven't read Stanley and the Women by Kingsley Amis and as a result are 400,000 years out of date.

What's not your fault?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:50 pm
spendius wrote:
They don't even seem to have confronted Bank Dick and that's very early Baroque from one of their very own.

Seriously man, what the hell are you talking about? That sentence doesn't make any sense to me (and I'm usually pretty good at this when I try).

Did you ever see that Star Trek TNG episode where the alien race communicated by metaphore, but since our culture didn't know any of their references, they couldn't communicate. That's what reading your posts feels like.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:03 pm
excellent point ros. Whatever the WC Fields movie has with spendius point is only clear to spendius and, as such, makes him a clear candidate as a dissociative pesonality.
0 Replies

crashlanded vr2

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:23 pm
"Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darmok_(TNG_episode)
0 Replies

raprap

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:58 pm
Farmerman---Egbert Souse (accent grahve over the e) and I are waiting for you down at the Black Pussy Cat for sustinance and pool.

Rap c∫Confused/
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 10:28 pm
AAAAAH YEEEES. I have the key to my car somewhere in this desk just gimme a minute here and Ill find it.

One of the best driving scenes in any comedy. Im not sure but it had to be in this movie where the line (later to become a cliche) first apeared 'Here dear , you take the wheel"
0 Replies

raprap

Wed 25 Jan, 2006 10:53 pm
I have a video tape of Fields doing cigar box juggling (one of his vaudeville acts). As an amateur juggler I have always admired his practice.

In his movies, the scene that stands out for me is "Tell me sheriff why do they call you Honest John?"

Rap
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 26 Jan, 2006 05:37 am
ros posted-

Quote:
spendius wrote:

Quote:

The question wasn't literal. It was an allusion to the fact that we were WAY off track.

But it doesn't matter. I don't understand your reply anyway.

Really--it seemed simple enough to me.

It is that it took organised religion to prepare and maintain the Western (Faustian) relationship between the sexes and that that is the principle cause of the physiognomy of the landscape you seem to just take for granted as a given.And that this relationship runs counter to evolutionary principles,which is why it was so difficult and painful to engineer, and therefore you are all living in a religion inspired world seemingly without knowing it but completely unable to see any alternative which would have to be there in place of it.Thus,that your attacks on religion are attacks on your own way of life.

And the proof of the pudding is the problems that are growing as religion declines.The sanctity of marriage is blown away with a 50% divorce rate.General promiscuity is a return to pre-civilisation values determined by biological urges and either force or sleight of hand.Abortion is a disgrace to humanity as is birth control.There are too many problems to list actually.
Price gouging,for example,fits perfectly with evolution theory so to object to it is ridiculous in an evolutionist.

To decode it to its simplest you are just rebels who don't know what you are rebelling against and if you do know,hypocrites.You don't want religion because it restricts your self indulgences and you do want religion to prevent the natural anarchy (evolution=red in tooth and claw=survival of the fittest=struggle for existence) which would result from the disappearence of religious principles unless state terror is used to replace it.

You want to attack religion but not enough to cause it to disappear.

When faced with this,which is obvious,you insult (a mild version of kill)the messenger.

The big laugh is that under mob rule,which is what you must favour,you would get pissed on by souls less gentle than yourselves.

You are closet feminists.But female feminists do make some sort of sense even though it is ultimately self defeating.This is being realised now in Europe.Women here have begun the move back to the home and I predict that will grow.

You are losers.You will lose this argument because the facts demand it.

Try raising your sights beyond the horizon and your personal domesticity.

The simple fact that all you have to offer in answer is invective and childish insults will not be lost on those readers of this thread with a bit more nonce than you.

Why don't you go for it.There are plenty of fictional futuristic models for you to pick from with science the only value system.Plenty.Argue for some of that and I might take you seriosly.As things stand you are showing yourselves up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 26 Jan, 2006 05:48 am
The deterioration of the brain in the maintenance alcoholic is a pathetic spectacle.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 26 Jan, 2006 06:05 am
More invective and insult.Requiring no intelligence,no effort,no imagination,no knowledge,and,as is fitting,of no use.

Meaningless actually.Based simply on narcissistic assumptions.Nothing but a boo.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 26 Jan, 2006 06:33 am
You know, folks, there is one consideration we have no canvassed. That is that the creationist lobby is simply playing for time. Fiascos such as the one in Kansas can be endlessly repeated until such time as they feel they can pursue a case all the way to the Supremes with a reasonable prospect for success. Roberts has demonstrated that he is willing to be the conservative lick-spittle they had hoped for. It now appears that Alito will be confirmed. It is entirely possible that the fundys are holding out for a court which they believe will be sympathetic to the canards with a "scientific" patina such as ID purports to offer, and that they are not dismayed by an event such as the Dover debacle. It is entirely possible that they will bide their time, continue to promote stealth candidates for local boards of education, and look for their main chance in pushing an appeal of a decision like Dover all the way to a court which will swallow their song and dance.
0 Replies