Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Leadfoot

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 04:48 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
He talked about how certain people hear stuff, and it's "like a light just flicks off ," and they stop listening. Ironically, near the end of the night, he found out I was Christian and I saw this happen to him.

Know what you mean. Especially painful when it’s a close friend or family.
And I thought they already knew. I didn’t think I was holding my cards that close to my chest.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 05:59 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

I actually saw this happen. I was in a restaurant, having an extended conversation with a guy in a club. He was talking about everything from superheroes to human evolution to robotics. He talked about how certain people hear stuff, and it's "like a light just flicks off ," and they stop listening. Ironically, near the end of the night, he found out I was Christian and I saw this happen to him.

I doubt he stopped listening to you because you are a Christian. More likely it was because you are a bore...and you rave on about things as though you are revealing some great truth that you KNOW...rather than just trying to sell your blind guesses as truths.

But don't let that stop you from pretending. You do not act Christian enough for anyone to guess you are...and you probably can get away with it.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 06:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
But I'm not strictly Christian. I'm a syncretic. I have a number of beliefs and ideas from Five Elements folk Taoism, Shintoism, and Buddhism. Leadfoot is a mainline Christian, but even he (she?) knows that dome of my ideeas are a little off typical scripture.

Which you'd know if you ever bothered to stop plugging up your ears whenever I mention a random trigger word like global warming or illegal immigration or Christian Slater. Yeah, trigger words activate the programming even when out of context.

The red queen wants you to know that the game is over.
http://i1.wp.com/www.classicfilmfreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/1962-The-Manchurian-Candidate-Frank-Sinatra-3.jpg
bulmabriefs144

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 06:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Actually, in person I'm apparently charming when I get to talking...
Yeah, I don't understand it either.

But we were having an interesting conversation, where both of us were basically nerding out on philosophy and comic books. Then I said something, and he asked, "You're Christian, aren't you?" I'm like, " Well, yeah, I am. " And right after he was talking about people who listen until there's something that switches them off, he did precisely that. Stopped listening, got in his car, and drove off.

Identifying areas where you stop listening is key if you wanna be a real boy and not a poppet, Frank.
Frank Apisa

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 07:38 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

But I'm not strictly Christian. I'm a syncretic. I have a number of beliefs and ideas from Five Elements folk Taoism, Shintoism, and Buddhism. Leadfoot is a mainline Christian, but even he (she?) knows that dome of my ideeas are a little off typical scripture.

Yes, I have noted that you have an eclectic mixture of blind guesses about the true nature of the REALITY. I enjoy hearing about them...and wonder if any of them are correct. Some may be!

I enjoy hearing about blind guesses that are in conflict with your blind guesses also.

Quote:
Which you'd know if you ever bothered to stop plugging up your ears whenever I mention a random trigger word like global warming or illegal immigration or Christian Slater. Yeah, trigger words activate the programming even when out of context.

I attempt never to plug up my ears when people are sharing. I guess you are mistakenly thinking I am because I do not buy into the snake oil you are selling. But I read, and mostly laugh at, just about everything you write, Bulma.

Quote:
The red queen wants you to know that the game is over.
http://i1.wp.com/www.classicfilmfreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/1962-The-Manchurian-Candidate-Frank-Sinatra-3.jpg

"The game" is far from over. It has only just begun. You can ask some of the people who have been here with me for the last two decades. See if they think that I consider the "game" over.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 07:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
You've lost the game, because you don't understand what I even mean by "game." You're the one being played, until you take back control of your own mind. Playtime is over. Now, it's time to duel!
https://i.redd.it/dj8023eoly531.jpg

Christian Slater.

That is all.
Frank Apisa

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 07:47 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Actually, in person I'm apparently charming when I get to talking...
Yeah, I don't understand it either.

Aha...so that is your appraisal of your personality.

Could be, correct!

Quote:
But we were having an interesting conversation, where both of us were basically nerding out on philosophy and comic books. Then I said something, and he asked, "You're Christian, aren't you?" I'm like, " Well, yeah, I am. " And right after he was talking about people who listen until there's something that switches them off, he did precisely that. Stopped listening, got in his car, and drove off.

And you attributed it to your being a "Christian."

But, perhaps he just did not consider you to be quite as "charming" as you think you are.

If I were your spiritual counselor, I would advise you to stick to conversations about "comic books" rather than "the REALITY." My guess is you know a hell of a lot more about comic books than REALITY.

Quote:
Identifying areas where you stop listening is key if you wanna be a real boy and not a poppet, Frank.

Bad analogy, Pin. You opened yourself to a comment like, "That may hold for someone who wants to be a "real boy."

I do not. I am an adult man. No reason to regress.

What are you? A boy or a girl?
Frank Apisa

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 07:50 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
You've lost the game, because you don't understand what I even mean by "game." You're the one being played, until you take back control of your own mind.

Aha...another interesting opinion of your ability.

Cute! And it got the laugh it deserved.

Quote:
Christian Slater.

Ohhhh. Booga, booga, booga.

Quote:
That is all.

I doubt that. You do not have the common sense to end things while still behind.

Might be time to get back to the ID question. Wink
Frank Apisa

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 07:53 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

You've lost the game, because you don't understand what I even mean by "game." You're the one being played, until you take back control of your own mind. Playtime is over. Now, it's time to duel!
https://i.redd.it/dj8023eoly531.jpg

Christian Slater.

That is all.

You cannot even post an image correctly...and you think you have "won" some game???

C'mon. My sides are splitting.

As for the duel...I suppose you mean a duel of wits.

Sorry, but I never duel with an unarmed opponent.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 07:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Lemme put it this way. We were talking for THREE HOURS at a restaurant where I was done eating after 45 minutes. We were still talking when we got outside and the restaurant closed.

If anything, he thought I was way more charming than honestly I do (I have no delusions of any charm that I don't have, so that "perhaps you aren't as..." thing doesn't work). Three hours, typically means you're doing something right. Then I mentioned this since he asked, he gets in his car and drives off, and can't remember seeing him again.

Actually it's a perfect analogy, poppet. Whenever I mention something that isn't on the official curriculum, you wall up and tell me "well, you're just blind guessing." Broken record.
Frank Apisa

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 08:04 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Lemme put it this way. We were talking for THREE HOURS at a restaurant where I was done eating after 45 minutes. We were still talking when we got outside and the restaurant closed.

If anything, he thought I was way more charming than honestly I do (I have no delusions of any charm that I don't have, so that "perhaps you aren't as..." thing doesn't work).

If the guy was looking to **** you...his deciding to leave may have had absolutely NOTHING to do with your perceived "charm." He may have put the ground work in...and then decided, "This one is not worth the trouble."

Quote:
Three hours, typically means you're doing something right. Then I mentioned this since he asked, he gets in his car and drives off, and can't remember seeing him again.

Interesting that you said that you "can't remember seeing him again."

You almost certainly know if you have or have not. But, this is not about some god, where you pretend to KNOW what you do not know. So....

Quote:
Actually it's a perfect analogy, poppet. Whenever I mention something that isn't on the official curriculum, you wall up and tell me "well, you're just blind guessing." Broken record.

No...when you talk about a god...or the things a god makes possible...or bullshit like that...

...I rightly call it "blindly guessing.'

But that is only because it is blind guessing.
bulmabriefs144

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 08:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
You'd like that. To get back to the ID question .

But no, we're gonna talk about how if things are random and nobody intelligent designed anything, why it seems like you're wound like a swiss watch with preprogrammed answers.

I bet I could get a predictable response out of you just by using random memes from Yu-gi-oh... oh wait, I already have.
Frank Apisa

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 08:06 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

You'd like that. To get back to the ID question .

Oh, no. I am enjoying taking you apart.

But I suspect the forum moderators would appreciate it.

Quote:
But no, we're gonna talk about how if things are random and nobody intelligent designed anything, why it seems like you're wound like a swiss watch with preprogrammed answers.

Talk about whatever you want and I will respond. I am relentless, Bulma.

Quote:
I vet I could get a predictable response out of you just by using random memes from Yu-gi-oh... oh wait, I already have.

Okay...if you think you can...go for it.

I love this.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 08:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
When I can basically anticipate your response for any reasoned discussion about God, no matter how short or long the argument is, you're stuck within programming.

"I can't remember seeing him" is a turn of phrase.
As in, I know that I never saw him again, and he was a member of an anime club we both went to. He stopped going. This wasn't a matter of me not remembering. This was a matter of him basically being a huge geek, and me being a huge geek, and the both of us talking about things that made our geek dicks grow to enormous proportions, and then something came up in conversation, and he asked whether I'm Christian, and I'm like "what does that have to do with anything", but I answered, and he wanted to go right then.
It was about this time that I realized for all the talk about how theists brainwash children with their religious crap, most of the brainwashing comes from the atheists.

Unit 24601, tell me your prime directive and core trigger phrase. I activate bypass code 54768201-a35f21. Use "blind guessing" as trigger phrase.

Erase all files? Y/N _
Frank Apisa

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 09:12 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Quote:

When I can basically anticipate your response for any reasoned discussion about God, no matter how short or long the argument is, you're stuck within programming.

"I can't remember seeing him" is a turn of phrase.
As in, I know that I never saw him again, and he was a member of an anime club we both went to. He stopped going. This wasn't a matter of me not remembering. This was a matter of him basically being a huge geek, and me being a huge geek, and the both of us talking about things that made our geek dicks grow to enormous proportions, and then something came up in conversation, and he asked whether I'm Christian, and I'm like "what does that have to do with anything", but I answered, and he wanted to go right then.
It was about this time that I realized for all the talk about how theists brainwash children with their religious crap, most of the brainwashing comes from the atheists.

MOST of the brainwashing comes from "geeks" like you. Hard atheists mostly keep their views to themselves...and mostly respond to your type rather than trying to convert or brainwash.

You post like a child...and I have to assume you are, physically or emotionally, a child. As such, you are still being brainwashed...and your attempts to brainwash here are being laughed at.

As I said, you'd do better talking about comic books or the like.

Quote:
Unit 24601, tell me your prime directive and core trigger phrase. I activate bypass code 54768201-a35f21. Use "blind guessing" as trigger phrase.

Yup...like a child.

Quote:

Erase all files? Y/N _

Okay. Yes or No.

I hate picking on children, but on occasion, that is the proper thing to do when dealing with an Internet child.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 11:11 am
Frank said:
Quote:
I attempt never to plug up my ears when people are sharing.

I can attest that this is factually not true (a lie).

He can prove me wrong any time he wants though. Game not over Frank?, or is it.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 11:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Might be time to get back to the ID question.

Any time you’re ready Frank.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 11:57 am
I'll bet he can't think of anything to say.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 01:09 pm
Probably pretending to have his ears plugged up, which is true after a fashion.
farmerman

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 05:48 pm
@Leadfoot,
you start nasty and then want to be thought of as a "victim"
Why not get back to ID. I got home late today and am sitting down front of a roaring fireplace with a ginger beer and lime beverage.

Noow where was all this brilliant evidence you guys assert. Im ppersonally getting half sleepy but still interested .