Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

farmerman

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 10:31 am
@Leadfoot,
theres a core?
Gainsay and ignoring facts shouldnt be embraced as a "core of an argument". That would be rather embarrassing wouldnt it?

Leadfoot

Tue 2 Feb, 2016 10:35 am
@farmerman,
Ah, that explains it. You're Just pretending then...
0 Replies

Amoh5

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 06:35 pm
In the context of human rights and discrimination there should be no discrimination towards the occupations of science especially religious discrimination. Just because someone is associated with a religion doesn't mean they are not capable of scientific activities. This idea is an atheistic myth promoted by deluded individuals who have not researched this baised opinion. I agree there are a lot of religious nutcases, but there are also a lot of atheistic nutcases. This barbaric type of discrimination should be outlawed.
0 Replies

33export

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 08:11 pm
Give the spaniards some credit for keeping
the faith alive with their Inquisition:

http://www.superconsciousness.com/sites/default/files/images/articles/knowledge/5._inquisition-4.jpg

Didn't take long for folks to be agree the the bible was to
be believed, cover to cover. The world was created in seven
days,period.

cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 08:16 pm
@33export,
Six.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 08:47 pm
@33export,
That is not a rational justification for any human discrimination, more a delusion I would say...
33export

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 09:01 pm
@Amoh5,
Tell it to the pope. The spanish defenders of the faith did worse stuff to the native Americans in Peru.
cicerone imposter

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 09:04 pm
@33export,
Worst religious war.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0SO8x7T.btWK5AAJnVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByNDZ0aWFxBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM2BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--?qid=20080916041544AAUAdaM&p=worst%20religous%20wars
0 Replies

Amoh5

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 09:13 pm
@33export,
That doesn't condone religious or any human discrimination. You are trying to tell me all religious people are nutcases and they are not capable of scientific reasoning? You don't get out much do you. There are a lot of religious people of science. You are only believing an atheistic myth
33export

Wed 10 Feb, 2016 09:53 pm
@Amoh5,
Try reading my post more slowly. And try not to add stuff I didn't write. If your source of geologic history is the bible, suggest you browse the web for some interesting and enlightening stuff.

Was just saying that in times throughout history, folks paid dearly for not believing or knowing Moses' taccount of the earth's origin. Good day.
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 12:19 am
@33export,
I'm not a bible literalist, just a bible moralist Christian of Lord Jesus who embraces science and evolution. Just because other people in history or today who claim to be Christian do and say nutty things, doesn't mean they represent me or any other decent Christian. I don't take the Genesis literally, Lord Jesus never said a Christian must believe everything in the bible, only his words. I don't condone the behaviour of these religious nutters you're referring to. But I don't condone inhuman behaviour from atheist nutters either, or anyone else for that matter.
Briancrc

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 05:03 am
@Amoh5,
Good will toward others is good will toward others irrespective of the reasons one may give for operating in a manner consistent with this attitude. While this may not apply to you, there are many people that are bible literalists
http://www.gallup.com/poll/27682/onethird-americans-believe-bible-literally-true.aspx

Quote:
About one-third of the American adult population believes the Bible is the actual word of God and is to be taken literally word for word.

So how do you respond to people who perpetuate messages that severe weather events are a sign that God is taking retribution for the support of gay marriage? What would be your recommendation for how to resolve the issue that this is how some people believe the weather works?
http://www.advocate.com/politics/2012/10/31/10-disasters-gays-were-blamed-causing
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 05:39 am
@wandeljw,
The only part of any Intelligent Design Theory that is valid to me is that God created all life, science and evolution
0 Replies

Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:03 am
@Briancrc,
I do sympathise with your concern towards crazy religious people of this sort. I have no idea how they calculate their un-Christian biblical ideas. There's nowhere in the bible where Lord Jesus says we have to follow everything written in the bible, but only his words. It's bizzare how they think like this when there's no evidence of Lord Jesus saying "All scriptures are God-breathed." Yes Paul said that, but he's not the teacher. There's only one absolute Christian teacher and that is Lord Jesus. He didn't say we must believe "The Book of Genesis" or take it literally. So I have no idea how they calculate all this discriminating rubbish of homosexuals or evolution. Lord Jesus would never condone any of their irrational and inhuman ideas. I too get amazed at these religious nutcases, amazingly weird I would say. I would recommend that people who think that God has severed the weather because of homosexual marriage, to read about Lord Jesus properly because he is the only and absolute teacher in the bible, not every other Tom, Dick and Harry. For me they behave in a way that Lord Jesus never instructed. Maybe they should be in Mental Hospital taking medication?
Leadfoot

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:16 am
@Amoh5,
We're way off topic here (not that I mind) but I think you are short-changing the other parts of the bible. I Don't mean you are lost without it, as JC himself said, 'everything else in it is fulfilled in these [ two laws]’. that he gave. But reading some of the experiences other men had when struggling to understand the full meaning of those two has been very helpful at times.
farmerman

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:24 am
@Leadfoot,
ID-Science or Religion?

well, from all these above discussions, Id venture a guess.
Leadfoot

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:26 am
@farmerman,
Like I said- off topic.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 06:47 am
@Leadfoot,
I don't think I'm off the topic, Briancrc was asking about the invalidity of religion because of so-called Christian nutters. I told him why they are nutty because they don't focus only on Lord Jesus who is the only and absolute teacher in the bible. When they go astray from Lord Jesus they go nutty or lose their sense of human decency and rationale...
Leadfoot

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 07:03 am
@Amoh5,
Well, I don't see 'nutty or christians' in the subject title but I suppose most here think considering any other explanation than 'evolution' as nutty so it is whatever you think it is.
Amoh5

Thu 11 Feb, 2016 07:21 am
@Leadfoot,
Well that's only your opinion because we were discussing whether religious(religion) people have any sense of rationale for scientific reasoning, and how I as a Christian don't take the Book Of Genesis literally. I embrace science and evolution. But I think science, evolution and all life belongs to God.