Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Leadfoot

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 08:41 am
@FBM,
Quote:

I didn't dodge anything. I refused to follow your red herring. If you've got no evidence, why did you claim to? It's not polite to waste people's time with false claims.

Furthermore, if you have no evidence and "make your living" in science, why the theistic beliefs?

I won't waste your time (or mine) by playing the "you said _____", "no I didn't" game you insist on. If you say I said something , quote me.

I have given my evidence for ID/God, you have presented none to the contrary. I made my decision based on the evidence. You do not have to agree. As Darwin said, each man must make his own decision.

FBM

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 08:46 am
@Leadfoot,
Small problem. You didn't present any evidence. More like:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11900016_1203953132955527_8188301893080910046_n.jpg

Quehoniaomath

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 08:54 am
@FBM,
so you really know everything there is to know, right?
Leadfoot

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 09:00 am
@FBM,
Now you have sunk to using Memes. Pathetic. And Boring.
FBM

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 09:10 am
@Leadfoot,
Good thing you're not paying me to entertain you, then. Got that evidence yet?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 11:06 am
In Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District, a federal judge ruled that intelligent design is a religious viewpoint and has no place in science education for U.S. public schools.

In my opinion, those arguing in favor of intelligent design are arguing religion, not science.

Leadfoot

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 11:23 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
@FBM,
so you really know everything there is to know, right?

He's trying to get over loosing his religion. It's a pretty traumatic thing.
ehBeth

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 11:42 am
@wandeljw,
I see it as entertainment. ID belongs in the same part of the school curriculum as the drama club.
Leadfoot

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 11:47 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
@wandeljw,
I see it as entertainment. ID belongs in the same part of the school curriculum as the drama club.

Naw, the neo Darwinists would view that as the 'camels nose under the tent'. As Bill Nye 'the science guy, says, we must guard against our children being exposed to these dangerous ideas during their vulnerable years.
ehBeth

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 11:53 am
@Leadfoot,
naw, you don't get to tell me how I see ID

I'll tell you how I see it. It's ok if you see something different

I look at the costuming for the leaders in so many religions and the dramatic ceremonies and accessories, the poetry in religious writings and translations, the voice training for the leaders, the podiums and stages - it's historical theatre to me
ehBeth

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 11:56 am
@ehBeth,
back in the 1970's, we studied religion as part of social studies - definitely not science

Christianity got equal time with Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Jain, Shinto etc etc etc - visited temples, shrines ... interesting stuff when it's all put in a bigger context

gotta thank Mr. Switzer for how he taught us to look at it all with a critical eye
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 12:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
naw, you don't get to tell me how I see ID

I'll tell you how I see it. It's ok if you see something different

I look at the costuming for the leaders in so many religions and the dramatic ceremonies and accessories, the poetry in religious writings and translations, the voice training for the leaders, the podiums and stages - it's historical theatre to me

Sorry, no offense, didn't know you were a Neo Darwinist.

But were you serious about all that ceremony, drama and costumes being entertaining to you? It almost makes me physically ill when I see it.

And it has nothing to do with the serious work done on ID. Yes, there are some pompous religious windbags who attach themselves to ID to try and maintain their credibility but it is a mistake to conflate them together.
farmerman

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 12:27 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
it has nothing to do with the serious work done on ID.

Ive been seeking this scholarly work on ID for about 13 years (as promised by the staffs of Discovery Institute and Dr Behes own outfit.)

To date, Ive seen nothing compelling ever since the Dover trial and Ken Miller's evisceration of Behes "Irreducible Complexity" show.
wandeljw

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 01:31 pm
"Darwinist" and "Neo Darwinist" have been used as derogatory labels by creationists for decades.
ehBeth

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 01:46 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
the serious work done on ID.

yeah - the serious studies done on the mental health of ID folks

ehBeth

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 01:46 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

you don't know any such thing
Leadfoot

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 02:30 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

you don't know any such thing

Sorry squared. I thought you reply implied that you were. I never tried to tell you how you feel about ID or that you were a Neo Darwinist.

OTOH, you obviously don't know anything about ID.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 02:32 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:

yeah - the serious studies done on the mental health of ID folks

Touchy! And hostile too...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 02:35 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

Ive been seeking this scholarly work on ID for about 13 years (as promised by the staffs of Discovery Institute and Dr Behes own outfit.)

To date, Ive seen nothing compelling ever since the Dover trial and Ken Miller's evisceration of Behes "Irreducible Complexity" show.

Then you obviously haven't been looking very hard. They've published a mountain of pretty good research recently. People can look for themselves.
Leadfoot

Sat 15 Aug, 2015 02:37 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
"Darwinist" and "Neo Darwinist" have been used as derogatory labels by creationists for decades.

And "creationist" has been used the same way by atheists.