Could it be the carburetor?

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 02:14 pm
Rid of the BMW beginning of last year...driving a 2001 Maxima SE now. Needed something more pratical for outside sales.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 03:14 pm
My next car is gonna be a bran spankin new Grand Am :-D
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 05:46 pm
Montana wrote:
My next car is gonna be a bran spankin new Grand Am :-D

No it's not...

They don't make them anymore...replaced it with the G6.

http://www.tuning-es.com/fotos/marcas/Pontiac/modelos/G6-8.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 09:10 pm
Been thinking for you all day, Montana. You said it had been through computer diagnostics, so I guess we can eliminate the air flow sensor. That should have showed up right away.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:03 pm
Slappy, they sooo do still make them.

http://www.jimcausley.com/cimages/Grand%20Am.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:05 pm
Roger
Thanks for thinkin of me :-D

Ok, so we can rule out the air flow sensor. Looks like we have it narrowed down to the carburetor or a hose, I think.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:36 pm
Slappy
Am I to assume that this year is the last year they make the Grand Am? :-(
That would just figure. Now I have to find something else that catches my eye. The car you posted is nice, but not what I want.
Whatever I go with will have to have a GM motor, but I would consider something in a Ford.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:18 pm
Montana wrote:
Slappy, they sooo do still make them.

http://www.jimcausley.com/cimages/Grand%20Am.jpg

You know, for that SC/T package they charge you extra for that hood and rear spoiler, but that's all you get. It doesn't change the performance of the car at all.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:32 pm
It'll be about a year before I'm ready to buy, so I'll have to wait to see what 2006 brings.

I do want the spoiler, but I can do without that hood. I want something that looks sporty and am looking for a 4 door. Doesn't have to be a Grand Am, but the price can't me through the roof. I'm thinking in the area of 30,000.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:36 pm
Well, if you can live with two doors...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/tmb/8793_image.jpg

Soon to be released G6 conv. coupe.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 04:27 pm
And when you say you want a "GM" engine, what you are really saying is that you want a Toyota engine dressed up to look like a GM engine, right? Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 04:45 pm
You're right, Montana...they still have the Grand Am on the Pontiac website. Thought the G6 replaced it. $23K for a car that'll be worth 1/3 of that a year or two later.

Buy it used.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 04:53 pm
I've thought about getting one a year or two old, but I've heard nothing but horror stories about buying used. I also saw a program about all the used car scams out there and I don't want to end up with another car that gives me nothing but problems.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 04:57 pm
cjhsa wrote:
And when you say you want a "GM" engine, what you are really saying is that you want a Toyota engine dressed up to look like a GM engine, right? Laughing

Absolutely not! I had a Toyota and even though it was reliable, I felt like I was driving a toy. I don't like them.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 04:59 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Well, if you can live with two doors...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/tmb/8793_image.jpg

Soon to be released G6 conv. coupe.

This is a nice car, but it's too low to the ground and I need something my mother can get in and out of easily.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:01 pm
Montana wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Absolutely not! I had a Toyota and even though it was reliable, I felt like I was driving a toy. I don't like them.

No, I'm saying that Toyota makes many (if not most) of the engines going into GM passenger vehicles, at least it's their technology. Why do you think GM partnered up with them?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:03 pm
Hmmmm.... That's interesting!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:03 pm
You want something your Mom can get in and out of that is ultra reliable? Buy a certified used Mercedes ML320. 2001 was a good model year. All wheel drive, you sit up high, and nice to boot.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:05 pm
I want something that'll be no more than 2 years old though. I also want something sorty looking.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:06 pm
Hang on. I'm gonna start a new thread on this.
0 Replies