The US, UN & Iraq II

Tartarin

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 02:52 pm
Well, Aquiunk -- you've got it. Remember Roger Ailes' ties to the administration. Remember the embarrassing ties between Fox and Bush's election campaigners. Etc. etc. In a good America, Fox would have gone the way of one of their victims -- Gary Condit: into oblivion.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 02:53 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
In my opinion,Fox is not a news service, it is part of the problem.

The medium is the message, huh? Hell, that ain't news.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 02:56 pm
Tell me if I am understanding you perc. You intend to give Iraq their choice of your personal favorite types of governments. If they choose dictatorship will you honor that choice?

Religion .....

You intend to give all the religious factions in Iraq the choice of one religion ... assuming that since we have 'won the right' to name that religion Mr.Bush will stay faithfull to the 'born again christian' movement and name them as 'the' religion of choice (his of course)

This should make for some very interesting Sunday meetings.

BTW I quoted the section I most disagreed with, there goes your carrer as a mind reader. Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:15 pm
UN is not another country. U.S. begged it to help with the war efforts, sure, but if UN said, no, we don't think so, we don't think this war is justified, the U.S. acted against the law. But that was all said before. But I believe that U.S. will NOT be able to go on without the UN support forever, or to 'do just fine' without it. US is part of UN, not the other way around. Timber said it really well in his post, though I am not capable of such optimism just yet. I sure hope that things will turn around in foreseeable future though, perhaps half a year or so after the end of the war.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:50 pm
Tartarin wrote:

When does anything give anyone a right to dictate?

Our soldiers just paid and are still paying for that "right to dictate the Plan for forming a gov't" if you disaggree with our right to create and dictate a plan then I will violently disaggree with you.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:56 pm
Gelis

Tell me if I am understanding you perc. You intend to give Iraq their choice of your personal favorite types of governments. If they choose dictatorship will you honor that choice?

Initially we will insist on a free election----if that guy turns into a dictator-----so be it -----but if they have the right constitution I hope that will not happen.

Your second question about religion doesn't deserve an answer.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:00 pm
Isn't the right to disagree one of the things we are fighting forr?
I'm confused. What is the difference between disagree and violently disagree? Is it like a double dog dare ...'I double dog disagree'

To these people religion is inseparable ... or will you insist on separation of church and state?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:03 pm
Democrat and Republican Smile
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:04 pm
It was the right to self-determination, Perception, not the right to dictate.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:06 pm
Gelisgesti wrote:
What is the difference between disagree and violently disagree?

Weapons, smoke, and blood, mostly.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:06 pm
Gelis wrote:

Isn't the right to disagree one of the things we are fighting forr?

We????? That's what our soldiers are fighting for-----you haven't said anything about wanting to be a part of this country----seems to me you have joined the Celebs against the war and being embarrassed to be an American----would you like to address that?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:09 pm
You are one nasty mf, percy.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:12 pm
Tartarin wrote

It was the right to self-determination, Perception, not the right to dictate.

You see TW after I have stated for the 3rd time it is our right to dictate the plan------Tartarin insists on responding to logic with repetitive jargon----it really is futile ---- back to the anti-hate machine.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:13 pm
You guys type too fast ...
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:14 pm
Pdiddie

Would you like to spell out MF----I may not be familiar with whatever it means.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:18 pm
I have just heard from another pundit that it is believed the Republican guard is prohibited from entering Baghdad for fear of a coup.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:18 pm
It would be for the best if some folks thought faster than they typed!
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:19 pm
I think pdiddle addressed it to my satisfaction except I would add that only losers resort to adhominem attacks.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:19 pm
My feeling is that Perception does not honor the military. I come away from these discussions remembering Marines who abused their wives, drink and talk tough, behave like the dictatorial bullies we read about. I remember some of the worst atrocities committed by American military in WWII and Vietnam even though there were many soldiers who weren't like that. Maybe there were more than I figured, I always think after an encounter here. On the other hand, those members of my family whom I know well, who served in the military, are not at all like that. But they fade into the background and all I can see is the take-no-prisoners destructive and meanness Perception seems to represent as he allies himself with these guys. It's a real disservice, I think. And it makes me embarrassed to be fellow American, Perception.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:20 pm
Would you please name the pundit and a link!
0 Replies