Democrats...Don't Puss Out

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 05:52 pm
Lash wrote:
Women don't give a **** as often as men don't.

And, we don't give a **** in heels.

I always give a ****. I'm sensitive. I used to be a care bear.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 10:02 pm
Still are...

But, thanks for the ****.

<heh>
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:45 am
Ok, now it is ironed out that both sexes can be sensitive and (what is an acceptable word?) willing to use crude words, lets get back to the subject.

What was the subject? Was it that democrats are unwilling to offer up any solutions or be a part of solutions? Are we waiting for proof of that which can be found somewhere besides another person's memory?

Or has the unwritten laws in a2k changed while I was wasn't paying attention? Can now all of just say, "well, I know I remember from somewhere that so and so said something" instead of having to back up our arguments with links or proof of some kind?

Admittedly I know I will not be able brazen my way through it with a 'don't give a hoot' (so to speak) so I just want to know if the 'laws' have been relaxed and I won't be called on statements I make.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:19 am
Nope, Revel. As I see it, since I can't prove what I saw, I don't expect anyone to accept my assertion as fact. But, no matter.

If I ever happen up on it (I watched about twenty press conferences last night on CSPAN's website, and checked out LexusNexus, but I'm not paying for a subscription), I will happily drag it back here and establish it as fact. But, as of now, ...I haven't proven anything. So, unless I find proof of Schumer's remarks, or a more in depth transcript of what Harry Reid said a couple of times, I'll withdraw from this discussion.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:16 am
You don't have to withdraw from the discussion. Just maybe point out some instances of democrats being unwilling to offer solutions or join in the discussions of solutions from the GOP. You said you had links which is what has started all this in the first place.

The democrats are in the minority everywhere, the only power they have is to gripe to get their views heard in the court of public opinion and filibuster if the solutions that are being offered up are not what they (us) would like. We don't have the power to set the talking points or set the agendas.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:49 am
<Actually, I didn't say I had links. OK, no more Lash soap opera here. Just didn't want to be misquoted.>
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 11:19 am
My bad, Lash. I thought I remembered you challenging someone to some kind of links thing but I looked through it and I guess I just got confused with something else.
0 Replies