Volume #59/ The Rainforest Spring!

sumac

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 09:28 pm
Saw all the photos, ehBeth, on your albums, and others. Great!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 06:59 am
It was a refreshing series of days, in a number of exhilerating ways, Sumac.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:13 am
Morn'n, Yes, ehBeth, we were all living vicariously through your adventures. What a great time it sounds like you all had. ((still green))

Stradee,
YEAH!! A race....... I have a 42" blade Craftsman with a SOUPED up 9.5 HP engine.........grin Wheelies away......

sumac,
Uh Huh, I do windows - but, it's gonna cost ya...... big grin

eBeff, thanks for the new album. We needed more A2Ker shots. It's really good to see the faces behind the conversation. Although, I do think that an almost truer sense of personality comes in talking to a person without actually having that clouded with assumptions of reading something into a persons actual appearance.

Ah, well,
Clicked yet again. - - - And you are most welcome ehBeth. I'll click for any Wildclicker any time.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 11:15 am
I'll bet you did a tour de force, ehBeth, and coulda, shoulda, spent another week there. Fulton Fish Market, street fairs, Yonkers trotters, etc.

Going to go click.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 11:43 am
ehBeth, how neat are your photos! Luv the architecture! Everyone seemed to be having a great time <grins and happy faces> and thanks for the terrific tour of NY in Spring! Smile

Danon, LOL The Texas pol-ese must sit on the road near your house during yardwork day. vrooom vrooom <laughing>

sumac, yesterday I was wading through pollen attempting to clean windows and screens, the laundry room piled to the ceiling, kittens running through the house, and the job called! "Can you work today, pleeeeeeeeeeze"! they said. Worked four hours, drove home, fed the washer/dryer again <and kittens> collapsed - and today? Wouldn't ya know - rain! LOL
However, the Lily Popular bloomin', Mr Silver Birch perking, and the Rosa beginning to cascade! Hurray!

Danon, isn't that the thruth? A persons eyes and personality shine when there's a voice to the face. <although, the photos sure are neat, too>

Well, the Hoover <6.0 240 Liter> hehehe outta neutral and roasten' um on the lino... <translation: carpet cleaner screechin' the tires>
Ka-nack <grin>

Ya all have a great day!

clicked
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 12:04 pm
My windows and carpets are next, Stradee, then done! Most plants moved around and seeds in. Cross your fingers for rain for us tomorrow and into Friday. Then final mulch, and I'm onto the deck to read, music, and talk to the kitties, before the heat and humidity come on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 12:09 pm
sumac wrote:
I'll bet you did a tour de force, ehBeth, and coulda, shoulda, spent another week there. Fulton Fish Market, street fairs, Yonkers trotters, etc.

Going to go click.

The Fulton Fish Market has closed down, sumac. The South Street Seaport is still there, but it's become a tourist-y sorta place. Evil or Very Mad Hit a couple of street fairs, as well as participated (in a minor sort of way) in two demonstrations.

I'm definitely going back, sooner rather than later. More exploring to be done. I'll try to stay at the same place - the Seafarers and International House. Last Christian mission to the sailors in the harbour. Fabulous place, nice people, perfect location - around the corner from the Lee Strasberg Institute, and a minute from Union Square. Yes!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 12:17 pm
ehBeth, what demonstratons? <ya lil' radical> Very Happy

Don't you just luv the open marts <groceries and souveniers> ? I miss the city's farmers market. Plus, the Mission district of SF features an array of ethnic stores selling traditional foods and clothing. Recalled many great memories of city living when viewing your photo album. Smile
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 12:42 pm
sumac, sounds like you've just about gotten spring cleaning completed!

Way ta go...

Enjoy your relaxing afternoon!

<sending good thoughts for rain>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 05:12 pm
You and your 283 friends have supported 1,828,421.2 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 37,779.6 square feet.
You have supported: (0.0)
Your 283 friends have supported: (37,779.6)

American Prairie habitat supported: 34,547.7 square feet.
You have supported: (9,785.1)
Your 283 friends have supported: (24,762.6)

Rainforest habitat supported: 1,756,094.0 square feet.
You have supported: (160,325.2)
Your 283 friends have supported: (1,595,768.8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1090 41.973 acres

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my mini sub-team has made it into the top 30!
I think Matrix's sub-team (the aktbird powerhouse) is #5 now!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 05:16 pm
Hohoho, Stradee,
Here in the country area of TX where we live there aren't pol-ese...... There is only a Shurf and some deputees. grin It would take them about 40-45 mins to get to our house from where they are located - near the county seat - if they left the very minute the call came in (which never happens). That's exactly why Texans living in the country areas are armed to the teeth - and good shots as well. grin, true story.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 07:38 pm
If the Fulton Fish Market is closed, then where do restaurants go to buy fish? And where do commercial fisherfolk send their catch? Sob...

Not so fast, Stradee. Window washing and carpet cleaning are on the agenda....not done today. Still planting corn and beans and moving stuff around. But soon......

So, where is HoFt?
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:05 pm
OOPS

sumac, yur right! Managed only one room of carpet cleaning today - and still have to purchase paint plus remove wallpaper from the dining room!

Each project seems to be the beginning of another...

<sigh>

Preparing dinner now..........kitten grooming and a movie afterwards.

Danon - LOL Well, ya better take care the shurf don't hear the sonic boom from the north forty during mulch season!!! <specially since ya all speak 'merican perfect> I heerd them Texans can't finish a sentence without a pause and a 'duh'.

<or is that just the dudes from crawford shooting themselves in the foot>

<grin>
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:58 pm
The foot? More like the arse!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:15 pm
sumac :wink:
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 10:08 pm
sumac, thar she is!

http://www.glenhelen.org/images/glenhelg.gif
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 06:47 am
Hmmm....a clue.....must follow.

Cold rain expected later. Both are OK.

Will go click now.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 09:12 am
Hey, ladies, take it easy on TX folks....... Reminds me of a small study I saw on the TV new last year - the study was to determine in which part of the USA people spoke the fastest and were most understandable. WELL!! It is ATLANTA, GA.....

Believe it or Not!!

Just recently in the TV News is the GA lady who ran away the day before her marriage. I am hearing no Southern Drawls from the local people in GA being interviewed.

But, of course, that MAY be due to my living here in the S and not thinking it is unusual language...

Aw Shucks, Now I'm confused!!

But, I clicked anyway. grin
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 11:00 am
Danon, i was just actin' silly is all. Very Happy

Wow, Atlanta! What an interesting study. Did researchers compare speech from all metropolitan cities or did they focus their study for just the southern states?

What I wanna know also, is who funds the type of research and where can I get a grant? <grin>

sumac, is that a cool website or what? Found the name when I was researching Spring photos and GlenEllen <where Jack London and his family lived> Neat sites.

Raining again today, so I can finish all my work at home! Hurray! The rain washed away most of the pollen outdoors, plus all the trees dressed for summer lighting the landscape. Looks quite lovely.

all clicked
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 03:25 pm
Danon,

Too many imports to Atlanta area, Dan. Locals becoming a minority.
0 Replies