Democrats and Bush Whackers In General... A Question

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:24 pm
I'd vote for her. I think she would do a good job. But I can see problems.

Yes, I know that Hillary has broadcast the image of the independent woman. But the fact is, in 1992 the Clintons advertised that "when you get one, you get both".

The Republicans twisted this into the "co-presidency" for awhile, but you get the idea.

It will be eight years after her husband left the presidency, but many people will still feel queasy about this being a sneaky way to give her husband a third term, which would both be against the law and tradition, (except for FDR in WWII, for obvious reasons).

Even people who really like Clinton might think, "I like Clinton, but he isn't better than Washington or Jefferson, and they retired after two terms".

Some people will indeed think that way, and it will hurt in the general election.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:28 pm
Of course, if the Republicans run Jeb, or if Jeb even gets far in the primaries, that would change things about Hillary seeming as a continuation of her husband's term. For the Republicans will be doing the same thing.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:34 pm
I wonder if politicians can take a **** without considering every possible thing that could happen as a result of it and having a strategy.

What an exhausting way to live. They can have it!!!!
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 09:06 pm
Blue VT:

Well, I was taught back in the elementary grades that the two term rule originated with George Washington, and has been one of those things which keeps power from being concentrated in too few hands.

The president, no matter how powerful or popular, gets his eight years and then clears the stage for another man. It's worked for over 200 years, except for the emergency years of WWII.

I think it is good tradition, one well worth keeping. And while Hillary is a separate person, a marriage is supposed to represent a unit of sorts and this is going to strike many as an end run around the tradition.

I'm a Clinton supporter, and even I have some qualms about this.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 09:15 pm
i would certainly vote for hillary if the opponent is dick cheney or jeb bush; if it's john mccain, i might go the other way.
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 01:48 am
I'm ready to vote democrat, but I hope it isn't Hillary. When she raises her voice it becomes so shrill it hurts. I can't imagine listening to it for over a year on up to the election.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 05:07 am
Depends on her policies and who runs in the republican seat.
0 Replies

dragonite

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 09:34 am
Re: Democrats and Bush Whackers In General... A Question
Absolutely not.
0 Replies

dragonite

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 03:33 pm
I would kill myself before I do that.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 04:49 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I'd prefer a liberal ran but I could vote Hillary.
vote early, vote often, vote Kucinich.

Killary isn't a lib? Since when did that happen? Don't tell me you are falling for her "change of heart"?
0 Replies