Democrats and Bush Whackers In General... A Question

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 11:32 pm
If the election were tomorrow would you vote for Hillary Clinton?

Just curious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,516 • Replies: 29
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 08:57 am
No.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 08:59 am
When did you become a democrat or a bushwhacker? Or do you now feel so empowered in your views that you have decided to speak for them? Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 09:37 am
I am an independant. In a close race I will vote any Democrat against any Republican. Which is not to say I am a fan of a party that is slowly being dragged by the Republicans into the 19th Century.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 09:47 am
So that's a yes right edgar?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 10:26 am
Re: Democrats and Bush Whackers In General... A Question
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Just curious.

Nevah, evah.

Should she run, however, I will work 24/7 to see that she's defeated Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 10:27 am
If the Republicans put up a moderate for president, I will vote for that person. If they put up a right wing extremist, I will look at the Democratic candidate. I would prefer a Democrat other than Hillary, but would vote for her if the choice were between Clinton and a Republican extremist. I would NOT vote for Kerry, under any circumstances.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 10:31 am
If the Republicans present a Bush-like candidate, the Democrats' candidate could be a scarecrow and I'd vote for the Democrat (if I could vote, which I can't). I haven't researched Hillary Clinton that much, but nothing I have heard from her so far justifies the Republican media's demonization of her. She seems to be smart, can get her point across, and while I am a libertarian and she is not, she isn't too far off ideologically. That's more than I can say of America's current president.

So I guess the answer to your question is "yes".
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 10:35 am
If the Dems run another 'elitist' Senator from the Northeast, the Republicans could present a scarecrow and he'd win Smile
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 10:38 am
Re: Democrats and Bush Whackers In General... A Question
JustWonders wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Just curious.

Nevah, evah.

Should she run, however, I will work 24/7 to see that she's defeated Smile

So you're a democrt and a bushwhacker who would not vote for Hillary Clinton right? Because you did read the title of the thread right? So which democrat candidate would you support?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 10:39 am
JustWonders wrote:
If the Dems run another 'elitist' Senator from the Northeast, the Republicans could present a scarecrow and he'd win Smile

I thought they already did.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 10:42 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
If the Republicans put up a moderate for president, I will vote for that person. If they put up a right wing extremist, I will look at the Democratic candidate. I would prefer a Democrat other than Hillary, but would vote for her if the choice were between Clinton and a Republican extremist. I would NOT vote for Kerry, under any circumstances.

Phoenix do you really think there's a chance that after eight years of honing a right wing extremist agenda by hook or crook, after all the work that's been put in, the Republicans would run a moderate? I KNOW
you're smarter than that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:00 am
Dean had my full support for the Democratic primaries.

If you wish to keep the full membership of A2K from posting in a thread, perhaps you'd try a PM to the target audience you desire to have responses from.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:00 am
NO.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:04 am
McGentrix wrote:
Dean had my full support for the Democratic primaries.

If you wish to keep the full membership of A2K from posting in a thread, perhaps you'd try a PM to the target audience you desire to have responses from.

I don't care if you post bud, don't get your panties in a wad, but I thought the thread title was pretty targeted didn't you? I don't have pm privileges either, btw. New member and all. Meanwhile don't be so touchy, it's all good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:19 am
Edgar's response is what I say as well. I'd vote for H. Clinton, but not with delight.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:22 am
I'd prefer a liberal ran but I could vote Hillary.
vote early, vote often, vote Kucinich.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:26 am
I only ask because I'm not sure myself. I fear a candidate that divides the party. I never thought growing up I'd be a Democrat but since we never will have a viable third party and because the Republicans will never put up anything but Bush-like candidates or worse in the forseeable future I guess I can not vote, or vote Democrat.

Hillary's the closest thing to a strong candidate I see, but it's early yet.

I can't imagine how the Repub spin machine is going to crank up on Hillary. Be prepared to learn she offered her virginity to Satan himself at the age of thirteen and has the 666 birthmark.

It'll be a circus that's for sure.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:00 pm
no.

i do not trust her. and i never voted for her brilliant and simultaneously sexually adolescent husband either.

both of them pay lip-service to liberalism, yet would gut it for pure political convenience.

i assume that i am now going to be branded as a mysogonist, right wing ideologue.

but quite honestly, i am opposed to hilliary clinton because she is not progressive enough for me.

there are 300,000,000 people in this country, surely the democrats can run someone better than Hil.

wes clark is running for president in 2008. he has better credentials and abilities than Hil. but i would rather have al gore run. he knows more about this country than any other potential candidate around.

hilliary clinton as president-elect in 2008 means that only two families will have run the country for 24 years (and with re-election in 2012, 28 years). there is nothing in american history that approaches this level of power concentrated in the hands of so few since the democrats held the white house from 1801 to 1825 with jefferson, madison and monroe.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:50 pm
I don't consider you a right winger because you don't like Hill. That's too bush supporter like a tact for me.

that's a pretty interesting opinion and one I hadn't thought of, the 24 year two family thing. Definitely food for thought.

What if she ends up the candidate and the repubs run a bush part two though? Will you vote for Hill then?
0 Replies