TRUST WITHIN A RELATIONSHIP!!

typeR

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 08:23 am
ive been with this girl for the past 2 months , WONDERFUL girl , shes amazing , everything ive been looking for in a girl. but....theres a HUUUGE but....1) im not much of person to believe what people say right away...2) she left her old boyfriend for me , cuz he was giving her a hard time and gave her alot of **** , and cuz she ran into me. now whenever i i see her talking to some1 online like a guy im curious who it is ...but she tells me the truth whenever her ex-boyfriend calls...but its REALLY REALLY tough for me , its killing me inside , and i dont know what to do , for example i went to her place today (she has 3 roommates) and 1 of roommates bf's was there all day ...took her to lunch , and he was there when i got there.....i was thinking of a million things that could of happened...and the guy was waiting for his girlfriend...then when i got there about 15 mins later he took off....soooo please tell me what you think...thanks !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 826 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 09:05 am
I think you're overreacting, particularly when it comes to the roommate's boyfriend. If you were in the same position, waiting for your girlfriend, who you be trying to make time with one of her roommates?

I didn't think so.

Relax. She's with you. Unless you get just cause for being suspicious, drop it. These kinds of minor suspicions can be blown completely out of proportion and ruin even good relationships. Don't let this happen to you.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 10:16 pm
Agreed.

Paranoia can make anything go sour... sometimes you just need to tell yourself, "She's doing nothing wrong, I need to stop it." Say it quietly to yourself if you must, anything to get the thought there.

It also makes me wonder about your confidence, as well. In almost every case I've seen of this kind of paranoia and worry, it involved the person themselves having low self-confidence. "They'll leave me Sad" is a terribly depressing, self-degrading thought, when UNFOUNDED. I advise you to consider this, and see if there's a fault somewhere in your vision of yourself.

If she did nothing against -you-, why are you worried? If there's no proof of anything wrong, chances are high that hey, there's nothing wrong.
0 Replies

escvelocity

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 11:39 am
A couple of months is hardley enough time to know someone. Ands its very hard to trust again if you have been burned before. Let me ask some questions, do you have this paranoia in other aspects in your life? like involving work, or relationships with friends? You might want to seek counsling in regards to your fears, and maybe address some self esteem issues. Take care of yourself, and remember that the best way to have happy healthy relationships is to do your best to ensure you are in a healthy mind set. The worring, and stress you are already experiencing is not good, and could prove to be a burden on a relationship.
0 Replies