The rise of antisemitism in the Democrat party

oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:55 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Reality bites.

It has its good and bad points. But to just go though life without understanding anything, like regular people do, that sounds awful to me.

neptuneblue wrote:
If this is what you get satisfaction from, I suggest a hobby.

I partake in recreational activities. But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy being able to understand stuff. You asked how my high IQ benefits me.
Setanta

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:58 pm
@neptuneblue,
I agree completely with your final sentiment. Alan Turing could do complex math in his head. People would make a remark, and he would stare off into space. Those who didn't know him assumed that he had some kind of attention deficit disorder. Then, after only a few seconds, he would provide an answer based on high order calculation, which no one in those days could match with any mechanical calculator available.

He was also a homosexual. In the world of the academic, and in the world of the code breakers, this was simply ignored. But it was illegal in England in his time. He eventually took his own life in despair. The lack of love killed him.
neptuneblue

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 11:05 pm
@oralloy,
Having a life such as mine, I am well aware of good and bad points. I've seen the worst and best of people. I think you only understand how that affects you, not others. That what sounds awful to me.

Spouting your IQ number makes you sound pompous and uncaring. As if comparing yourself to others means you rise above riff raff and control how they think and feel. It just doesn't work that way, Oralloy.

I really wish you'd stop that. Maybe let go of expectations of yourself and just be you. Then, maybe, you'd feed from the Tree of Knowledge.
oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 11:49 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I have pointed out again and again the things that you are wrong about.

Untrue claims that I am wrong do not actually count as pointing out something that I am wrong about.

Setanta wrote:
In some cases, you just lie, such as when you claimed the pages from the U.S. Air Force history section that I linked proved your point, which they did not.

First, an incorrect statement is not a lie if it is an honest mistake. So my comment would not be a lie even if I was wrong.

But I was not wrong. My statements were 100% correct in every respect. My points were the fact that the US Air Force was trying to bomb the Dresden railyards instead of bombing the city center, and the fact that the firestorm was set off by British bombers that deliberately bombed the entire city center.

The link did indeed support those facts.

Setanta wrote:
Sometimes, you just change your narrative, such as when you originally claimed that the first crusade was carried out to prevent a Muslim invasion of Europe, but then dropped that claim.

That is incorrect. There was no change to my narrative, and no claims were dropped.

You imagined the post where you think that I claimed that the First Crusade was to prevent a Muslim invasion of Europe. I did not defend the claim because I never made it to begin with.

That said, I'm sure that the Crusaders did understand that the Muslims would keep attacking and murdering until somebody stopped them. So it does sound like a defensible position. But since it is not my position, I'm not going to waste a lot of energy defending it.

Setanta wrote:
Often times, it is simple ignorance, exacerbated by your inability to distinguish between reality and your opinions. In all cases, it is grossly distorted by delusion.

The fact that no one can point out anything that I am wrong about shows quite clearly that this is not true.

Setanta wrote:
Here we go--you're wrong about this silly IQ claim of yours.

That is incorrect. I correctly stated my IQ at 170.

Setanta wrote:
Now prove I'm wrong.

What sort of proof would you like?
oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 11:56 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Spouting your IQ number makes you sound pompous and uncaring.

That a strange conclusion to draw.

It's just a harmless fact.

neptuneblue wrote:
As if comparing yourself to others means you rise above riff raff and control how they think and feel.

Mind control???

neptuneblue wrote:
It just doesn't work that way, Oralloy.

True. But note that those were your words, not mine.

neptuneblue wrote:
I really wish you'd stop that.

Stop setting the record straight when people make untrue statements about me?!?

Never!

neptuneblue wrote:
Maybe let go of expectations of yourself and just be you.

I am just being me. What could be more "me" than always telling the truth?

neptuneblue wrote:
Then, maybe, you'd feed from the Tree of Knowledge.

I already feed quite amply from that tree.
neptuneblue

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 12:09 am
@oralloy,
And your point would be...

Being pompous and uncaring is a better alternative than anything else.

Those are not traits most people, even ones with high IQ's aspire to be.

Keep spouting your IQ of 170. It's what you seem to do best.
oralloy

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 12:19 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
And your point would be...
Being pompous and uncaring is a better alternative than anything else.

No. My point was that pompous and uncaring was a pretty strange conclusion to draw.

neptuneblue wrote:
Those are not traits most people, even ones with high IQ's aspire to be.

Who said anything about aspirations?

I do think that most people are not worth caring about. That's not an aspiration though. It's just my assessment of people.

Pompousness is not really my thing.

neptuneblue wrote:
Keep spouting your IQ of 170. It's what you seem to do best.

I'm good at any fact.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 02:02 am
@oralloy,
Try posting something that sounds like it was written by someone who has a high IQ, because you've not done that.

I have never taken an IQ test, I don't need to I've got real qualifications that mean something.

My posts read like they were written by someone who has had an education, yours read like they were written by someone who has had a lobotomy.
izzythepush

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 02:03 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Stop trying to reach out, we have nothing in common.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 02:06 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Try posting something that sounds like it was written by someone who has a high IQ, because you've not done that.

Yes I have.

izzythepush wrote:
I have never taken an IQ test, I don't need to I've got real qualifications that mean something.

Sour grapes.

izzythepush wrote:
My posts read like they were written by someone who has had an education, yours read like they were written by someone who has had a lobotomy.

No they don't.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 03:20 am
@izzythepush,
Some resources for you. I hope you feel better.

https://www.mhamd.org/getting-help/free-publications/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwg73kBRDVARIsAF-kEH8FGjhVEc9FdSoZ-LU0-yrNW79hjhJh6ue4bEb12uvg6XCtXv65mY0aAp_LEALw_wcB

https://www.nafcclinics.org/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwg73kBRDVARIsAF-kEH9vtO0gO9GKnIMUeR7ASZodEQJBkp96zfHy_grbU3ZLz-SL2pv8FyYaArikEALw_wcB
izzythepush

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 03:25 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
I'm not remotely interested in your fascist drivel, I leave that to unintelligent bigots.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 03:54 am
@Setanta,
Who hurt you?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 06:27 am
You seem to have spent a lot of time there. You're not even original, trotting out the same inane nonsense your masters tell you to spout, then getting very aggressive when your racist crap is called out for what it is.

It's a pattern, we've seen it all before, and you're not fooling anyone , except perhaps Oralloy, and that's not exactly hard. Someone once fooled him into thinking he had an IQ of 170.

If you genuinely believe the crap you spout you're delusional, so stop trying to project your own mental health issues on to me.
neptuneblue

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 06:45 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
That is incorrect. I correctly stated my IQ at 170.

Which assessment test did you take to conclude your official IQ score of 170? How long ago was that assessment?
blatham

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 06:52 am
@Setanta,
My IQ is 327. And that's after a stroke.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 09:27 am
@oralloy,
https://som.yale.edu/news/2009/11/why-high-iq-doesnt-mean-youre-smart

Why a high IQ doesn't mean you're smart
oralloy

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 10:10 am
@maporsche,
How about about article about how being a billionaire doesn't make you wealthy?
oralloy

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 10:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It's a pattern, we've seen it all before, and you're not fooling anyone , except perhaps Oralloy, and that's not exactly hard. Someone once fooled him into thinking he had an IQ of 170.

Being smarter than you are doesn't bother me. It shouldn't bother you either.
oralloy

Mon 18 Mar, 2019 10:12 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Which assessment test did you take to conclude your official IQ score of 170? How long ago was that assessment?

I didn't ask what it was called. I was shown a series of pictures with four shapes on them and had to determine which one of the shapes did not belong with the other three.

I got all but one of the slides very easily.

I suppose it was in the early to mid 1990s.