The rise of antisemitism in the Democrat party

izzythepush

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 09:33 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
That struck a nerve. Only mindless bigots would believe the horseshit you spout. Some people are stupid enough to believe it, Oralloy being a case in point.

I don't know about you yet, but whether or not you're just some idiot repeating what he reads on some far right website, or a Russian troll, doesn't alter the fact that what you're posting is a load of old bollocks.

Not even amusing bollocks, like your weird pyramids on mars bollocks, but nasty, divisive, evil bollocks that's little changed from when it was spouted in the 1930s.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:18 am
@izzythepush
My IQ is 170. Are you still too embarrassed to state yours for comparison?
izzythepush

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 11:53 am
@oralloy,
Don't be silly, I've read your posts. I know how smart you are.

I was paying you a compliment, I was saying that I don't think you're a Russian stooge, I think you're genuinely that stupid you believe the inane nonsense you post.
oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 05:46 pm
@izzythepush
Your refusal to accept my IQ and your reluctance to post your own shows that you are upset over the fact that I am smarter than you are.
Setanta

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 06:06 pm
Ah-hahahahahahahaha . . .

You can't beat this place for unintentional comedy.
oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 06:43 pm
@Setanta,
I'm not bothered by the fact that I'm smarter than izzythepush. It shouldn't bother him either.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 06:56 pm
I've had dogs smarter than you. As I see it, you are deluded and obsessional. There is absolutely no reason to believe that bullshit story of yours about your so-called IQ, and that wouldn't make you "smart," even if it were true.

But it is hilarious.
oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 07:04 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I've had dogs smarter than you.

No you haven't.

Setanta wrote:
As I see it, you are deluded and obsessional.

Your inability to point out anything that I am wrong about speaks to my supposed delusions.

Obsessional? I do devote my time to subjects that I am interested in. I find it preferable to spending time on subjects that I have no interest in.

Setanta wrote:
There is absolutely no reason to believe that bullshit story of yours about your so-called IQ,

Refusing to accept the fact of my 170 IQ doesn't change the truth of it.

Setanta wrote:
and that wouldn't make you "smart," even if it were true.

Actually yes it does.
FreedomEyeLove

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 07:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Do you have some kind of mental disability?
Setanta

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 09:45 pm
@oralloy,
You haven't established the truth of your hilarious claim. But, again, thanks for the laughs.
oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:00 pm
@Setanta,
I'm not sure how such a thing could even be established over the internet. But it doesn't matter. If people refuse to accept reality, reality still continues to exist.

To put it another way, if you go up to Bill Gates and tell him that you don't believe that he is wealthy, that won't actually change his bank balance.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:05 pm
@oralloy,
Some science behind the IQ

I.Q. and real-life functioning
© Paul Cooijmans
Introduction

This is a list of I.Q. ranges with for each a brief description of typical functioning and other features. The I.Q.'s are expressed on a scale with a general population mean of 100 and standard deviation of 15. They refer to scores on adult tests only, by adult norms. The exact cut-offs for the ranges are arbitrary, and one should realize that functioning may depend on more than I.Q. alone.

In addition it is known that I.Q. has the greatest significance to real-life functioning (and the highest correlation with "g", the common factor shared by all mental ability tests) at its lower and average ranges, and becomes less important as one goes higher; the more you have of it, the less important it gets, just as with money. It is unknown whether I.Q.'s beyond about 140 have any extra significance.

8 Personality Traits of Highly Intelligent People (Backed by Science)
The scientific reasoning behind some of the personality traits that smart people share.
By Shana LebowitzBusiness Insider

Over on Quora, more than 100 people have answered the question "What are the common traits of highly intelligent people?"

Some users claim to know from personal experience; others are just taking an educated guess.

As it turns out, many users gave answers that researchers would agree with.

We pulled eight of the most intriguing Quora responses and explained the science behind them -- and let's just say that we feel a lot smarter now.

Here's what we learned:

1. They're highly adaptable.
Several Quora users noted that intelligent people are flexible and able to thrive in different settings. As Donna F Hammett writes, intelligent people adapt by "showing what can be done regardless of the complications or restrictions placed upon them."

Recent psychological research supports this idea. Intelligence depends on being able to change your own behaviors in order to cope more effectively with your environment, or make changes to the environment you're in.

2. They understand how much they don't know.
The smartest folks are able to admit when they aren't familiar with a particular concept. As Jim Winer writes, intelligent people "are not afraid to say: 'I don't know.' If they don't know it, they can learn it."

Winer's observation is backed up by a classic study by Justin Kruger and David Dunning, which found that the less intelligent you are, the more you overestimate your cognitive abilities.

In one experiment, for example, students who'd scored in the lowest quartile on a test adapted from the LSAT overestimated the number of questions they'd gotten right by nearly 50 percent. Meanwhile, those who'd scored in the top quartile slightly underestimated how many questions they'd gotten right.

3. They have insatiable curiosity.
Albert Einstein reportedly said, "I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious."

Or, as Keyzurbur Alas puts it, "Intelligent people let themselves become fascinated by things others take for granted."

Research published in 2016 suggests there's a link between childhood intelligence and openness to experience -- which encompasses intellectual curiosity -- in adulthood.

Scientists followed thousands of people born in the U.K. for 50 years and learned that 11-year-olds who'd scored higher on an IQ test turned out to be more open to experience at 50.

4. They're open-minded.
Smart people don't close themselves off to new ideas or opportunities.Hammett writes that intelligent people are "willing to accept and consider other views with value and broad-mindedness," and that they are "open to alternative solutions."

Psychologists say that open-minded people -- those who seek out alternate viewpoints and weigh the evidence fairly -- tend to score higher on the SAT and on intelligence tests.

At the same time, smart people are careful about which ideas and perspectives they adopt.

"An intelligent mind has a strong aversion to accepting things on face value and therefore withholds belief until presented with ample evidence," says Alas.

5. They like their own company.
Richard He points out that highly intelligent people tend to be "very individualistic."

Interestingly, recent research suggests smarter people tend to derive less satisfaction than most people do from socializing with friends.

6. They have high self-control.
Zoher Ali writes smart people are able to overcome impulsiveness by "planning, clarifying goals, exploring alternative strategies, and considering consequences before [they] begin."

Scientists have found a link between self-control and intelligence. In one 2009 study, participants had to choose between two financial rewards: a smaller payout immediately or a larger payout at a later date.

Results showed that participants who chose the larger payout at a later date -- i.e., those who had more self-control -- generally scored higher on intelligence tests.

The researchers behind that study say one area of the brain -- the anterior prefrontal cortex -- might play a role in helping people solve tough problems and demonstrate self-control while working toward goals.

7. They're really funny.
Advita Bihani points out highly intelligent people tend to have a great sense of humor.

Scientists agree. One study found people who wrote funnier cartoon captions scored higher on measures of verbal intelligence. Another study found professional comedians scored higher than average on measures of verbal intelligence.

8. They're sensitive to other people's experiences.
Smart people can "almost feel what someone is thinking/feeling,"says He.

Some psychologists argue that empathy, being attuned to the needs and feelings of others and acting in a way that is sensitive to those needs, is a core component of emotional intelligence. Emotionally intelligent individuals are typically very interested in talking to new people and learning more about them.

I haven't seen how an IQ of 170 has benefited you.
Setanta

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:13 pm
Of course, there is only one way to "prove" it, and that would be a course I would not recommend to anyone on-line. But it doesn't really matter to me, because my IQ is 180, on the short-form test.
neptuneblue

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:20 pm
@Setanta,
Well, you have me beat. I haven't taken an IQ test since 4th grade, back when they called them IOWA tests. And even then I think their assessment was if I didn't talk so much in class, I'd be a better student.

I still don't give a rat's ass about IQ.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:27 pm
Neither do I, except as an hilarious and obvious proof of Oralloy's delusion.
neptuneblue

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:40 pm
@Setanta,
You wanna know the extremely weird part of all of this?

Savants.

My autistic nephew has an IQ of about 60. (He really can't be tested by traditional means.)

However, his math ability is off the charts. He sees math in his head. 3, 4, 5 digit mathematical calculations are done in less than typing it in a calculator. Any football or baseball statistic he spouts without hesitation.

He is the catalyst of my children scoring extremely well in math. They compete with him and lose. Every. Single. Time. My nephew is loving and gentle and extra-ordinary. To compare his IQ is to not understand what human capability can actually achieve.

IQ is crap compared to LOVE.
oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:42 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
I haven't seen how an IQ of 170 has benefited you.

I enjoy being able to recognize and understand reality. It gives me great personal satisfaction.
oralloy

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:43 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
obvious proof of Oralloy's delusion.

Your inability to point out anything that I am wrong about shows quite clearly that I have no delusions.
neptuneblue

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:48 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I enjoy being able to recognize and understand reality. It gives me great personal satisfaction.

Reality bites.

If this is what you get satisfaction from, I suggest a hobby. Maybe knitting. Crochet is cool too.
Setanta

Sun 17 Mar, 2019 10:54 pm
@oralloy,
I have pointed out again and again the things that you are wrong about. In some cases, you just lie, such as when you claimed the pages from the U.S. Air Force history section that I linked proved your point, which they did not. Sometimes, you just change your narrative, such as when you originally claimed that the first crusade was carried out to prevent a Muslim invasion of Europe, but then dropped that claim. Often times, it is simple ignorance, exacerbated by your inability to distinguish between reality and your opinions. In all cases, it is grossly distorted by delusion.

Here we go--you're wrong about this silly IQ claim of yours. Now prove I'm wrong.