The rise of antisemitism in the Democrat party

glitterbag

Wed 13 Mar, 2019 10:56 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Well, I'm not going to call you a fraud...or disingenuous ....... but I think you are making things up.
Setanta

Wed 13 Mar, 2019 11:36 pm
I don't believe this joker is a native speaker of English. Can anyone say the Internet Research Agency, St. Petersburg?
izzythepush

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 01:53 am
@glitterbag,
She's an Islamophobic bigot, just like Oralloy, using anti Semitism as an excuse to discriminate and spread hate against Muslims.

Her refusal to condemn Trump and David Duke speaks volumes as does her use of the vernacular of the far right.

Unlike David Duke, Ilhan Omar's criticism of Israel stems from its disgraceful treatment of the indigenous population. Her political naiveté and unawareness of the horrors of anti-Semitism caused her to cross a line. When she was made aware of this she apologised. She is on a journey unlike a lot of Trump's supporters who like their Nazi predecessors combine virulent anti Semitism at home with support for Israel, and American hegemony in the ME, abroad.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Representative Ilhan Omar, who has been battling charges of anti-Semitism for weeks, apologized on Monday for insinuating that American support for Israel is fueled by money from a pro-Israel lobbying group — a comment that drew swift and unqualified condemnation from fellow Democrats, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The mea culpa by Ms. Omar, a freshman lawmaker from Minnesota and one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress, came after a day of bipartisan outrage over her tweet Sunday night asserting that support for Israel was “all about the Benjamins baby,” a reference to hundred-dollar bills.

“Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes,” Ms. Omar said in a statement released on Twitter, about an hour after Ms. Pelosi and the entire Democratic leadership publicly chastised her for engaging in “deeply offensive” anti-Semitic tropes.

“My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole,” Ms. Omar wrote, adding, “I unequivocally apologize.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/11/us/politics/ilhan-omar-anti-semitism.html
oralloy

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 06:02 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Ditto.
Wrong again. No one is fooled by these transparent attempts to disguise antisemitism.
oralloy

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 06:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
an Islamophobic bigot, just like Oralloy, using anti Semitism as an excuse to discriminate and spread hate against Muslims.
Asking Muslims not to murder me or steal my property is hardly hate or bigotry.

izzythepush wrote:
Ilhan Omar's criticism of Israel stems from its disgraceful treatment of the indigenous population.
Israeli Jews are indigenous to the West Bank area.

Israel is not mistreating anyone.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 06:05 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic.
It is when Israel is being criticized for imaginary atrocities that never happened.

InfraBlue wrote:
Criticism of American politicians who put their allegiance to other nations before their allegiance to the American public is not anti-Semitic because the majority of these politicians are not Jewish.
It doesn't matter if the politicians are not themselves Jewish. Accusations that politicians are following a secret Jewish agenda are extremely antisemitic.

InfraBlue wrote:
It is anti-Semitic to conflate Israel with Jews because Israel does not represent all Jews and all Jews do not support Israel. There are Jews who are against Israel and what it stands for and there are Jews who are simply indifferent to Israel.
This conflation originates with neonazis who try to disguise their antisemitism by directing their untrue false accusations "at Israel" instead of "at Jews".

InfraBlue wrote:
It is a political ploy to silence criticism of American politicians who put their allegiance to Israel before their allegiance to the American public by calling it anti-Semitism.
It is reasonable for people to condemn deranged allegations of politicians being loyal to a secret Jewish agenda.
blatham

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 07:29 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Are you aware that Trumps' daughter is married to an observant Jewish gentleman?
Hmm. How observant, george? He keeps Kosher? No dealing with money or operating his cell phone on the Sabbath? Even if you knew what you were talking about, and even if you hadn't tossed in "observant" to make him sound a really Jewishy Jew, this wouldn't make your case. Would you want to go on to argue that, as a matter of logic, every parent whose son or daughter is in an interracial marriage cannot therefore be a racist?

Quote:
There is no real reason out there to believe he is, or ever was, an anti Semite
That is what Hannity would say. Let's turn to another source, New York Jewish Week
Quote:
Fully one-third of Americans believe that President Donald Trump is “personally anti-Semitic,” and for the first time, a majority of Americans (52 percent) say they are concerned about violence in the U.S. directed at Jews, according to two new polls by the Anti-Defamation League.

Three out of four Americans are concerned about violence directed at Muslims, and more than 80 percent of Americans believe it is important for government to play a role in fighting anti-Semitism, up from 70 percent in 2014, the polls find.

But in any case, I didn't say Trump was an anti-Semite. What I did say is that Trump utterly refused (as did Huckabee Sanders) to acknowledge the anti-Semitism of his supporters. He obviously did this to avoid disaffecting that significant portion of his base who clearly ARE anti-Semites.

The subject here is the propagandist messaging (forwarded by the twit who started this thread) that there is a growing anti-Semitism on the left. And the evidence for this story is...wait for it now... one Congressional freshman's statement re AIPAC (a Muslim individual, we note). Disregarded, in what he and you apparently tend to read, are the assessments by Jewish organizations tracking anti-Semitic acts/speech in the US. Almost universally, these originate on the right, as happened with the tiki torch crowd Trump refused to condemn.

All of this and more ought to suggest to you that there are compelling reasons why American Jews support Democrats at 80%. All of this really ought to alert you to what clearly is a straight-up propaganda initiative.

As to your second paragraph, you really don't know what you are talking about, george. Because of what you read and what you don't read. An amazingly high percentage of the people I quote or reference here are American Jews: Josh Marshall, Paul Waldman, Eric Alterman, Drew Westen, Jane Mayer, Rick Perlstein, Peter Beinart, David Remnick, Paul Krugman, David Frum, Linda Greenhouse and on and on.

But you are right to imagine that George Soros is at the bottom of all this.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 07:32 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I don't believe this joker is a native speaker of English. Can anyone say the Internet Research Agency, St. Petersburg?
It's getting remarkably difficult to ascertain who is a Russian-based troll and who is a Fox audience member.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 08:19 am
Quote:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg poster vandalized with anti-Semitic profanity, swastika in Brooklyn
WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/e3Bo5dPrEdC98wgVxurk-Bce0Iw=/600x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/GX2K25UHBBHYFE3ADIEFYYMJMQ.jpg
McGentrix

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 08:43 am
@blatham,
I find that disgusting and vile. Despite her views and statements, she remains a SCOTUS Judge and she should be treated as such. Shitty people are shitty.
izzythepush

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 09:51 am
@McGentrix,
That's the difference between someone opposing anti Semitism, (you,) and someone only opposing it from certain quarters.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 09:53 am
@oralloy,
You are a neo Nazi, a nasty little bigot who only cares about Israel because it's all about projecting power in the ME.

You're not fooling anyone.
InfraBlue

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:17 am
@oralloy,
In regard to your strawman arguments, nuh-uh.
blatham

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:23 am
@McGentrix,
Hi McG
Yes, I know you do. As would george and most folks here. The only disagreement I'd have with what you wrote is as regards her SCOTUS status. I think that's irrelevant though it is surely a key reason her poster might be targeted rather than, say, one of Larry David (though both are lefties).
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:58 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
In regard to your strawman arguments, nuh-uh.

You cannot point out any straw man arguments on my part.
oralloy

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You are a neo Nazi, a nasty little bigot who only cares about Israel because it's all about projecting power in the ME.

Liar.

izzythepush wrote:
You're not fooling anyone.

I never try to fool anyone.
thack45

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 11:18 am
@Setanta,
The entirety of OP's activity on this site is suspect. Just a few examples:

OP's initial post on a2k
Quote:
I crafted a post here late last night discussing my fears for censorship of the internet, and the bullying my family has experienced since coming to America.

It seems that posting has been removed. Am I to believe then that this site is another pro-social engineering, pro-censorship supporting site?
https://able2know.org/topic/489492-1#post-6762440

A nice low-key attempt to sow doubt about the site's legitimacy/fairness right off the bat. Well done! We've seen new users engage in this sort of activity before.

The thread was posted nearly three months ago, but no new thread referencing "fears for censorship of the internet, and the bullying my family" was ever posted by OP, despite behavior which would indicate a determined intent to do so.

Incidentally, OP stated later in the above thread that site admin was notified about the claimed disappearing post. I'm curious if that ever actually happened.

Another tactic of new users looking to whip up some discord on web forums is a sort of 'switch-flipping' posting style, where an initial post appears fairly reasoned and in the interest of discussion. But several posts in, the switch flips, and the all out attack chock full o' derisive and incendiary – yet all too familiar – language comes out. From this thread:

FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Half of my family is of Jewish decent. We fled our country in the hopes that the persecution we witnessed would be behind us, and that we could hope for a better future here in America. I hope that you can see how disturbing it is to watch the rise of antisemitism within the democratic party. Frankly, it shocks me to watch the democrats make excuses for and protect an extreme Islamist, as she repeatedly belittles and disparages my family's heritage and faith.

Of course I am referring to congresswoman Ilhan Omar, and how she is able to blatantly get away with hate speech everyday, because the American people are afraid to chastise a black, Muslim woman.

This is not the America that my father shown to me. This is vile, and we have all seen where this hatred leads.

https://www.stephanieogaygarcia.com/hubfs/Blog/LightSwitch.gif

FreedomEyeLove wrote:

I see that some weak minded heard mentality sheeple have decided to bring up president Trump here, in a topic that really has nothing to do with him.

First of all, that is a tell tale sign of the well known Trump derangement syndrome. When a person has to use whataboutism to shift focus onto the American president.

Second, I come from a country where I have seen firsthand exactly what Islamic extremism is like. I have even mourned the deaths of friends and family members, as well as family members who have been sexually assaulted all in the name of Allah.

I can tell you this much, President Trump has done more for the Jewish people and for Israel than any other United States president in my lifetime. He may be a bit brutish sometimes in how he communicates, and he's not a phony smooth-talker that the sheep will praise as president Obama was, but he is a kind and decent person who I stand behind not only because of his support for Jews, but also his support for the unborn and their right to life.

There are other indicators as well, but frankly I don't want to make OP aware of them
blatham

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 11:59 am
@thack45,
I'm rethinking some notions I had re actual Russian trolling. This is from a Washington Post piece last week. https://wapo.st/2uafrvc
Quote:
Russian trolls can be surprisingly subtle, and often fun to read
On Sept. 10, 2018, @PoliteMelanie tweeted to her more than 20,000 followers: “Criticizing Trump in a book is just unfair. It’s like criticizing the Amish on television.” The next day, this tweet won the Chicago Tribune’s “Tweet of the Week” contest. What the Tribune’s readers didn’t know when casting their votes, however, was that “Melanie” was a Russian troll.

This dude we are looking at here (and another recent similar case) are not sophisticated at all. Would the Russians (or anyone else) be paying such posters real money? I doubt it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:19 pm
@oralloy,
You can't point out a single thing I've said that's wrong.
InfraBlue

Thu 14 Mar, 2019 01:24 pm
@oralloy,
Read your post.