The rise of antisemitism in the Democrat party

oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 05:11 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Opinions aren't necessarily wrong.

True. Facts aren't necessarily wrong either.

Thus the desperate frustration of certain posters over their inability to point out anything that I am wrong about.

neptuneblue wrote:
Everyone has their own version of truth.

No. Reality is reality. Period.
neptuneblue

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 05:18 am
@oralloy,
So I have been told.

An unsubstantiated claim isn't factual until it's proven, though. In which case, we only have your "word" that you took a pre-kindergarten shape matching test, that you don't even know what the name of it is, 30 years ago, and it produced the result of proof of your intelligence

Ok then. That's convincing.
oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 05:29 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
An unsubstantiated claim isn't factual until it's proven, though.

That is incorrect. Facts are facts even if they are not proven.

neptuneblue wrote:
pre-kindergarten shape matching test,

Is there something about the word "adult" that is confusing to you?

I'm not sure if "shape matching" is the best way to describe it. It's certainly not what I would use to describe it.
neptuneblue

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 05:35 am
@oralloy,
Well, the mere definition of fact is...

noun
a thing that is known or proved to be true.
"he ignores some historical and economic facts"

synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty, factuality, certitude; More

a piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.
synonyms: detail, piece of information, particular, item, specific, element, point, factor, feature, characteristic, respect, ingredient, attribute, circumstance, consideration, aspect, facet; More

And all because you were an adult when you took a pre-kindergarten assessment doesn't necessarily prove your intelligence or even lack of. Not that I would ever stigmatize you for it or anything.

Which leads me back to...nobody cares, dude.

jespah

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 05:40 am
Wow, a 170 IQ!

How many grades did you skip? Did you graduate college at age 12? How many PhDs have you got? Or even if you didn't want to write a dissertation, surely you must have more than one degree with an IQ like that. I'm sure such an achievement would be documented in at least your local newspaper. I would love to see the story.

And how did you cope with being younger and shorter than everyone else in your class? I skipped 2nd grade and I was a fairly tall child, but I was also 11 when my classroom peers were 13. Hence I developed later than they did. Not fun! My male classmate who also skipped (my folks are still friends with Mark's parents-- he became a doctor) ended up short. Not fun for him, either.

I'm sure neither Mark nor I have IQs above (on the absolute outside) 140. Hence just the one skipped grade for each of us. But a 170 (a figure higher than Einstein scored) would surely get a person a good 3-5 skipped grades at minimum.

I mean, seriously, it would be an awful waste of such gifts for none of those things to have happened. Tragic, really.
oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 05:46 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Well, the mere definition of fact is...
noun
a thing that is known or proved to be true.

A better definition would be "something that is true".

neptuneblue wrote:
And all because you were an adult when you took a pre-kindergarten assessment doesn't necessarily prove your intelligence or even lack of.

That is incorrect. The ability to perceive highly complex patterns was a measurement of my intelligence.

neptuneblue wrote:
Which leads me back to...nobody cares, dude.

You are devoting an awful lot of energy to a subject that you claim to not care about.
neptuneblue

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 05:48 am
@jespah,
Unfortunately, Oralloy was an adult before he knew he was a real man of genius.

A mundane childhood wasted.

Yes, very tragic, indeed.
neptuneblue

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 05:55 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
A better definition would be "something that is true".

Oh. So now you claim the Merriam-Webster dictionary needs corrected to be in line with YOUR definition. I don't see that happening any time soon.

oralloy wrote:
That is incorrect. The ability to perceive highly complex patterns was a measurement of my intelligence.

Oh. Triangles and squares are still triangles and squares. Unless they're round. Then they're called circles.

oralloy wrote:
You are devoting an awful lot of energy to a subject that you claim to not care about.

Boredom. And poking the bear is kinda fun. Until it isn't. Or until I have to go to work. Whichever comes first.
izzythepush

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:15 am
@oralloy,
I have done. You don't understand that, because understanding things is something you can't do.
maporsche

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:27 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I have done. You don't understand that, because understanding things is something you can't do.

Maybe if you could communicate in patterns of triangles and squared he'd catch on.
oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:31 am
@maporsche,
It was hardly circles and squares. Someone like you would see the patterns as hopeless tangles.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:33 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
How many grades did you skip?

One in high school.

In college I took two years of classes in a single year and got straight As without studying.

jespah wrote:
How many PhDs have you got? Or even if you didn't want to write a dissertation, surely you must have more than one degree with an IQ like that.

IQ and education levels are two separate things.

If someone with a high IQ does not get a PhD, that does not mean they don't have a high IQ.

Likewise, someone with a moderately high IQ can achieve a PhD by putting in a lot of effort.

jespah wrote:
Hence just the one skipped grade for each of us. But a 170 (a figure higher than Einstein scored) would surely get a person a good 3-5 skipped grades at minimum.

I didn't put a lot of effort into my education. I didn't have to really.

High school chemistry was a perfect example. I didn't pay any attention in class or do a single homework assignment all year. Instead I just read fantasy novels in class every day.

But there is some sort of national chemistry test that high school students can take near the end of the school year (I don't remember the name of it after all this time), and the teacher said that if anyone took it and got a higher percentile rank than their current grades, they would receive that percentile rank as their final grade for the year.

I decided to take the test, and I leafed through my textbook for the first time the night before the test.

Competition was rough because I only went to a public school that offered a single year of chemistry. There are private schools out there that offer well-tutored students two years of chemistry. Plus I'm really slow at filling in ovals. I left a huge number of unanswered questions.

Because of that I only scored in the 99.8% percentile. But that was enough to get me an A for the year.

Then that jerk came up with a last minute rule that we had to complete all of our assignments for the year in order to pass. So I had to do an entire year's worth of late assignments in one weekend, all for zero credit, just so I could qualify to get an A from my results in the national chemistry test. He really enjoyed doing that to me too.

I use the word jerk lightly. He was (probably still is) a good teacher and I liked him. I just didn't like having to do a year's worth of late assignments in one weekend.

jespah wrote:
I mean, seriously, it would be an awful waste of such gifts for none of those things to have happened. Tragic, really.

I don't owe humanity anything. The best use of my gifts is for me to understand subjects that I am interested in.
oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:34 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Nope. You have never pointed out anything that I am wrong about.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:35 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Unfortunately, Oralloy was an adult before he knew he was a real man of genius.

Not at all. I was smarter than everyone else and had a better mastery of subjects than my teachers from the very beginning.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:36 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Oh. Triangles and squares are still triangles and squares. Unless they're round. Then they're called circles.

That isn't what the test was like at all. Someone like you would see the patterns as hopeless tangles.
neptuneblue

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:42 am
@oralloy,
Yep, that's what you said to maporche, too.

Zero points are awarded, no originality was offered.

Since you don't even know which test you took, the book Red Fish Blue Fish might come in handy for you. It helps with memory retention.
oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:53 am
@neptuneblue,
Your childish attitude indicates frustration over the fact that I am vastly more intelligent than you are.

It doesn't bother me that I'm smarter than you. Why should it bother you?
oralloy

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:55 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Oh. So now you claim the Merriam-Webster dictionary needs corrected to be in line with YOUR definition. I don't see that happening any time soon.

Perhaps you need a more competent dictionary.

2. a thing that has actually happened or that is really true; thing that has been or is
3. the state of things as they are; reality; actuality; truth: fact as distinct from fancy

http://www.yourdictionary.com/fact
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 07:00 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The best use of my gifts is for me to

get a shovel and muck out the sty.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Tue 19 Mar, 2019 07:02 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Your childish attitude indicates frustration over the fact that I am vastly more intelligent than you are.

It doesn't bother me that I'm smarter than you. Why should it bother you?

Humor, Oralloy, is different than frustration. And yes, I am having fun. Albeit at your expense...