Woe Canada

timberlandko

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:00 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
... not trying to pick a fight, I was just making the mostly joking point that this post wouldn't have been made if it was Conservative Canadian politicians up to no good. face that fact .

Nonsense - of course it would have been posted - just by someone of different partisanship. Pot-Kettle-Black works every time; its always worse when it can be laid to "The Other Side". That's politics, part-and-parcel.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:02 am
Sure it would, It just would have been a different poster. Cycloptichorn of BBB perhaps. But it would have been posted.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:15 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Maybe America should just clean it's own house before worrying about everyone elses. When did we become the Merry Maids of the world and when do we get to stop?

Hmm .... If we applied that rule uniformly to all countries, half the posters couldn't contribute in the Politics forum. We wouldn't get to hear Bernie's frequent criticisms, among others.

not true there is a difference between listening, being informed, and sticking our noses into other sovereign governments business. And I[m not trying to pick a fight, I was just making the mostly joking point that this post wouldn't have been made if it was Conservative Canadian politicians up to no good. face that fact .

It appears you were trying to say the post shouldn't have been made. It appears you were trying to say that McG shouldn't have posted what he posted because the US has it's own problems .... plank in the eye, etc. (or perhaps you just don't like his politics).

That being the case, the - mostly joking - point I was trying to make is that pundits (and even A2K posters) from all countries (US, Canada, and others) have their own issues to worry about, but write critical commentary about other countries (US, Canada, and others). This problem you've identified is not limited to the US, and it is certainly not limited to conservative US posters on A2K. Deal with that.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:25 am
Does Canada have enough true conservatives to be an issue?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:40 am
Point taken Tico. Of course there's that extra added poking our noses into everyones elses' business. I think we've got the big corner on that market. Deal with that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:44 am
Let's say for the sake of conversation that I'm more wealthy, bigger, stronger and more powerful than Tico. I come to Kansas from my home and show up at Tico's door to tell him that he should be running his household the way I run mine, I'm concerned about the way he runs his household and I would like him to adopt the policies of the Throbber household because ours are better.

Tell me Tico, how long would it take you to ask me who the hell I thought I was and tell me to piss off and get off your property?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:47 am
Point taken Tico. Of course there's that extra added poking our noses into everyones elses' business. I think we've got the big corner on that market. Deal with that.

Yeah, there's that. But it didn't make much sense in the context of this thread, so I ignored it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:48 am
Let's say for the sake of conversation that I'm more wealthy, bigger, stronger and more powerful than Tico. I come to Kansas from my home and show up at Tico's door to tell him that he should be running his household the way I run mine, I'm concerned about the way he runs his household and I would like him to adopt the policies of the Throbber household because ours are better.

Tell me Tico, how long would it take you to ask me who the hell I thought I was and tell me to piss off and get off your property?

Oh, I'd probably welcome you in, pilfer through your wallet, then ask how long it would take you to build a military base in my backyard.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 01:16 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

Is there enough of anything in Canada to make an issue of? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:39 am
timberlandko wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Is there enough of anything in Canada to make an issue of? Twisted Evil

Independence.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:49 am
not true there is a difference between listening, being informed, and sticking our noses into other sovereign governments business. And I[m not trying to pick a fight, I was just making the mostly joking point that this post wouldn't have been made if it was Conservative Canadian politicians up to no good. face that fact .

errr, just so's you kids know - the Liberal party is in fact one of the parties on the Canajun political right. It is not liberal, politically. It is one of the parties of big business- woven into the fabric used to make the deep pockets of the right here.

So - McG was actually exposing wrong-doings in the political right. Would he have still posted if he'd realized that? Only Buddha knows.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:57 am
Lol!!!!!!!

I think I know.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:59 am
Hello, BuddhaBunny !
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:02 am
Evenin'

http://www.manateelovesociety.com/albums/BuddhaBunny/Buddha_Bunny_sketch.jpg
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 08:40 am
That's splendid, bunny - was it commissioned 'specially of and for you?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 08:42 am
Lol! No - I just googled Buddha Bunny.

I'm not a lop ear.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 08:43 am
<it's not a self-portrait?>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 08:45 am