Trouble letting go of the past

Disco

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:18 am
I broke up with my first gf for what seems like ages ago. I still see her once a week at church, and I thought all my feelings for her had subsided. But recently, I've been feeling somewhat empty. I miss the feeling of being with someone whom you can share your most intimate details, phone calls that seem to last hours and the joy that a relationship imparts on life. I can't seem to shake the feeling, although she's been more than capable of moving on.

I think I may need to find other friends of different affiliation (rather than from church). Any ideas as to where I should go?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 843 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:25 am
Are you involved in your community group? Are you interested in politics? Does your local schools or colleges offer adult ed. classes in something in which you are interested?
Any place where people share a common interest is a good place to meet people who are compatible.

One caveat, though. Go to enjoy the activities that you like, and make meeting another person secondary. The less that you run after another relationship, the more likely that you will find one that is not simply superficial.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:29 am
Ooh, that sounded horribly familiar.

Its a heck of alot easier when you have someone to 'move on' to.(not that you wanted to hear that,sorry)

Ive been in the same situation for years with only a couple of situations to take me away from my emptyness.

I can only suggest youth groups(depending on how old you are)or evening classes.
0 Replies

Disco

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:20 pm
Problem is, she's also that ULTIMATE flirty type - touchy feely with other guys, leaning on them, PDA..I guess I feel bad because that used to be me. Now, we're like strangers.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 07:52 pm
Disco wrote:
Problem is, she's also that ULTIMATE flirty type - touchy feely with other guys, leaning on them, PDA..I guess I feel bad because that used to be me. Now, we're like strangers.

Been there. Not good. Move on. You'll feel better trust me, it worked for me to leave one that like behind.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 02:14 am
I know it hurts like hell but Im sure there of plenty of people out there who want to be touchy feely with you but dont show it.

The 'being close to them being strangers thing' is horrid.
My ex went from texting me lots to hardly texting to no texting.I had my suspisions,he eventually told me he'd met someone else.

Be brave, time heals.Just chat to new people, itl make you feel better.
0 Replies

QH787Independence

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:55 am
Wow...I know exactly what you'rre going through. My boyfriend and i were pretty serious, and we just brike up not even a month ago. he's already dating someone new! it hurts like heck!! luckily, he doesnt go to my church, so i dont have to see him there, but he does go to school with me. He also is the touchy feely type and is all over other girls. it's really hard, cuz to see him treat other girls that way, becuz thats somehting that was special to me when we were dating.
it just takes time.
0 Replies

Disco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 02:15 pm
Sometimes I look back and I'm mad at myself for falling for her. I knew about her past, what she's been through and how she is with guys. At the end, I ended up just like all her ex's - long and forgotten. At the beginning all I wanted was her friendship but I guess fate had other plans for us
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 07:51 pm
Separations and divorces are painful, to say the least. But, like all wounds, whether battle wounds or emotional wounds (such as a divorce or a death), they heal over a certain period of time. The process ultimately depends on your force of power, and the healing relates directly to that power.

Oh, and apathy plays a role... :wink:
0 Replies