What's so badass about Canada?

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:03 pm
I just thought I'd start a thread about what a totally badass country Canada is...<snicker>...I mean, those Canucks! Watch out! Right?!... <chortle>...Wheeew, the stories are legendary of the badasses from Canada...<snort>...like, those mounties? Eh? Eh!?...<snicker, chuckle, guffaw>...

Anyway, the question is, what's so badass about Canada?

I have been to Toronto and Montreal, and I have to say, Montreal is cleaner, but Toronto is more fun. Niagara falls is cool, but only on the American side, for some reason.

Actually, I have had some fun in Canada. I have a great Canada story, as a matter of fact, but I'll tell it later, if this thread takes off. I mean, I don't want to waste it if you guys ain't interested, ya know?

So...what's so badass about Canada?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,905 • Replies: 24
No top replies

nimh

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:05 pm
Montana?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:10 pm
They say "aboot".

Blind Cripple Granny could terrorize anyone who says "aboot".

It's "about"!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:11 pm
<sniff>

I just hope Montana doesn't say "aboot".
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:45 pm
<uhoh>

While I'm waiting for the ass-whoopin', I'll say that canehdia is badass for it's socialized medicine. While that is cool, it's not neccessarily competative. We make good neighbors especially if you're canehdian.

<scurrying my drunk patoot back into merka>
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:48 pm
Klondike Kat always gets his mouse ?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:50 pm
They, evil Nanooks, have behaved in quite unseemly fashion, and perpetrated CELINE DION upon us all!

<spit>

<spit>
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:51 pm
Lash wrote:
They say "aboot".

Blind Cripple Granny could terrorize anyone who says "aboot".

It's "about"!!!

You must be thinking of Scotland. A real Canadian would never say aboot unless they are tell somebody what they are going to give them :-D
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:56 pm
Sorry. Not buying it. I've seen Canadian Bacon!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:12 pm
A few bad ass Canadians that you may know :-)

Avril Lavigne
Pamela Anderson
Shania Twain
Nelly Furtado
Shannon Tweed
Barenakedladies
Keanu Reeves
Alanis Morissette
Peter North
Bryan Adams
Neil Young
Jennifer Tilly
Sarah McLachlan
Leonard Cohen
Diana Krall
Steppenwolf
Howie Mandel
Alexander Graham Bell
Burton Cummings
Corey Hart
Kim Mitchell
Helen Shaver
Nickelback
Rush
The Guess Who
Dan Aykroyd
John Candy
Jim Carey
Rich Little
Mike Myers
Martin Short
Dave Thomas
Michael J. Fox
Wayne Gretzky
Gordie Howe
Mario Lemieux
Bobby Orr
Paul Tracy
Gilles Villeneuve
Jacques Villeneuve
Lorne Green
Paul Anka
Bat Masterson
William Shatner
Donald Sutherland
Neil Young
Sir William Stephenson (A Man Called Intrepid)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:15 pm
We should declare war because of Howie Mandel alone!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:17 pm
Montreal.

Bars, clubs.

18 year old chicks.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:19 pm
Lash wrote:
We should declare war because of Howie Mandel alone!

No comment Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:27 pm
I loved Howie Mandel's rendition of Brooke Shields as a baby in her Calvins.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:42 am
My French sister-in - law thinks that French Canadians are funny. She cant understand a bloody word they say, unless they are talking English.

Vancouver is "bad arsed" (as you Americans so quaintly put it)....especially Grouse Mountain and that suspended bridge that they make all us tourists walk across. Bloody terrifying, but marvellous all the same.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 01:23 am
I have checked out quite a few asses in Canada, don't think anyone of them was bad..
0 Replies

catch22

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 03:04 am
Dear Diary

Aug. 12 - Moved to our new home in Canada. I am so excited. It's so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them.

Oct. 14 - Canada--it is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful countryside and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here!

Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day. Deer season starts soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here!

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won). When the snow plough came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Canada!

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. The snow plough did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.

Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. It's beautiful here but I'm exhausted from shoveling. ******* snow plough.

Dec. 22 - More of that white **** fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands and a sore back from shoveling. I think the snow plough hides around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Asshole.

Dec. 25 - Merry ******* Christmas! More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on the sonovabitch who drives the snow plough, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the ******* ice.

Dec. 27 - More white **** last night. Been inside for three days now except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plough goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, the car's stuck in a mountain of white **** and it's so frigging cold. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the **** again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

Dec. 28 - That ******* weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the **** this time. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snow plough got stuck up in the road and that bastard came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already broken six shovels shoveling out all the **** he had pushed into my driveway, I damn near broke my last one over his ******* head.

Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on my way back a damned deer ran in front of the car. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those ******* beasts should be killed. The bastards are everywhere. Wish the hunters had exterminated them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusted out from all that ******* salt they put all over the roads.

May 10 - Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in such a God forsaken place as Canada!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 04:47 am
I really like Canada, and especially the climate--although it gets too hot in the summer . . .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:02 am
I think Avril Lavigne and Pamela Anderson neatly cancel each other out. But it will take a lot more than that to compensate for Bryan Adams and Michael J. Fox, more even than just Leonard Cohen. And no, listing Neil Young twice is not necessarily helping your cause either.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 06:09 am
catch22 wrote:
Dear Diary

Laughing
That was hilarious. My smile for the day Very Happy
0 Replies