the curse of young love.

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 05:19 pm
Me and my boyfriend are only 14. weve been going out of and on for about a year. Its realy dificult to get together out side of schoolmostly beause of his mother. She thinks our dates should be a couple of weeks apart. My mom on the other hand has been great about it she is allways willing to give us a ride and wants us to be able to see eachother. Once we werent able to see eachother at all during summer vacation(2 months) Those were the hardest days iv ever experienced. Ikept thinking of what I would do when i saw him at school. I kept thinking i would hug him and never let go but when i saw him the feeling i used to get around him was gone. I broke up with him a week later.At first we stoped talking for a long time. I felt empty and numbi wasnt sad or happy. then one day he caled. we would talk all day. the we began to talk about the pastwhat he thougt when he first saw me what i thought. Then he said i still love you. all of my past feelings rushed back i knew i still loved him back. Later that week he asked for a second chance of course i said yes so we were once again a couple. We made our best efort to see eachother but we still only get to see each other every couple weeks. I just dont know what to do because i love him and dont want to hurt him and cant live without him but i cant go on like this. should i stay or go and hope we'll come out ok?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,858 • Replies: 21
No top replies

storm bay

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 01:23 pm
i personally think it would be best if you ended it with him and just stuck to being good friends. That way you can hug him all tht time, still hang out and not feel the pressures on your relationship, like his mother for example. if you need me to explain more or anything then just PM me ok? x
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 01:37 pm
Re: the curse of young love.
curlgurl wrote:
We made our best efort to see eachother but we still only get to see each other every couple weeks. I just dont know what to do because i love him and dont want to hurt him and cant live without him but i cant go on like this. should i stay or go and hope we'll come out ok?

You are 14. You shouldn't have a steady boyfriend yet. And yes, you CAN live without him. You will not die from not seeing someone. It may feel bad but you will go on and be ok. People do it all the time. Married couples with children deal with long distance realtionships all the time. Trust me, you will be ok.

But since I can't tell you what to do, my advise is this: If you want to stay with him, that's great. But you will have to deal with all that a relationship comes with. Sometimes I don't see my husband (who I live with) for days because of our work schedules. Literally do not speak to him other than once or twice on the phone. Life is life. You cannot go against his mom's wishes and expect everything to be ok. Should you end up staying together, you don't want his family to resent or dislike you. If you want to do a grown up thing, talk to his mom and tell her how you feel. Maybe she will think you're nuts. Maybe she will respect that you are being mature about this. Maybe she will see that the two of you really do care for each other. You won't know til you try. But you must accept what ever outcome. If you can only see him every 3 weeks, is that one time worth waiting for? If not, then I suggest you see my next suggestion.

Or you can break up with him and be a teenager! You are so young and there are so many boys out there! I know you like this boy and he is wonderful and all that but so are a lot of other boys. Go out, have fun, hang out with your girlfriends, see movies, eat ice cream, do all those things that you lose so much of once you get a job and have to "grow up". I wish I had all the time I had in high school. I wish I never had to wash underware or do the dishes or pay the bills. Savor your time or I promise you , someday you will regret it.

Either way, I wish you luck. High school is not an easy time in your life. But you will do just fine and look back some day and wonder...what the heck was I thinking? :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 01:42 pm
Being a teenager is a curse all it's own. Fortunately, it is curable. Old age isn't.
0 Replies

curlgurl

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:51 pm
thanks for the advice for awhile i decided to work through it but more problems apered im growing up fast hes not growing at all(as far as machurity goes) so i broke up with him yesturday all of the sudden his idea of flirting is hitting me with a tador tot Rolling Eyes WHO THROWS TADOR TOTS AT THIER GIRL FRIEND......TWICE Exclamation iv allways been more mature but now theres a giant gap. Im glad all the chaos is over.
0 Replies

Krysia

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:55 pm
Haha, well... at least you know you made the right choice! I knew a girl who was 20 and engaged to be married to a guy who would throw food at her sometimes. I kept telling her to leave him, because he was really immature and called her names, etc. She did, and is all sad because she's got no boyfriend, but it's just so much better to be with someone on your level and not with someone who's getting greasy food in your hair.

Anyway, with you, your relationships will be much more fulfilling as you get older. Just have fun with school/after school stuff with pals for now! Once you turn 18, you won't have to worry about having to have a boyfriend around your (or his) parents' rules.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:56 am
About the whole maturity thing.... I'm a 25 year old responsible, college educated man,, But i consider myself immature when it comes to how I like to have fun. I don't see nothing wrong with getting drunk on weekends, playing video games, pulling pranks on friends, and making myself look silly, all in the name of having fun. Some girls look at me and think i'm immature. I look at them and think they are prudes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 11:15 am
Tenoch wrote:
About the whole maturity thing.... I'm a 25 year old responsible, college educated man,, But i consider myself immature when it comes to how I like to have fun. I don't see nothing wrong with getting drunk on weekends, playing video games, pulling pranks on friends, and making myself look silly, all in the name of having fun. Some girls look at me and think i'm immature. I look at them and think they are prudes.

If it doesn't interfere in your life and you don't have someone else to think about, then there isn't anything wrong with it. Smile
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:09 pm
I know Bella dea. The problem is that girls think that if a guy plays video games he is immature. I make fun of people walking down the street, make crude jokes. I 'm not excessive or compulsive about any of my habits. It just bothers me that being "mature" in many peoples eyes means, not enjoying the things we did as children.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 01:34 pm
I act like a kid all the time. I have to be responsible and professional all day at work. I pay my bills on time. Obey the law. So when I get to act like a kid, I do. Why not? I am not going to become a crotchty old woman.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:33 am
Yeah, my wife used to tell me I was acting too silly and clownish.....now look at me!!!! Boy, does she ever regret that. :wink:
0 Replies

curlgurl

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:51 am
believe me i lovehaving fun and gofing around like an idiot somtimes but he simpy couldnt handle sertan things. iv gone through som hand times full of teenage angst while i was with him but felt like i couldnt turn to him because he probly wouldnt know what to do if i cried to him. he wanted a perfectly happy all the time sort of girl which im not. dont think im realy screwed up or any thing i just wasnt made for jr. high and im emotional so its frustrating. im just hoping hel be ok he took it kinda hard and i still care about him so him being sad about it make me sad about it.
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:34 am
Re: the curse of young love.
Bella Dea wrote:
you want to do a grown up thing, talk to his mom and tell her how you feel. Maybe she will think you're nuts. Maybe she will respect that you are being mature about this. Maybe she will see that the two of you really do care for each other. You won't know til you try.
:wink:

I completely agree with this.... I would definitely talk to his mum like an adult and see why she thinks what she does and how you can work around this to please everybody.
0 Replies

curlgurl

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:11 pm
alittle late for that
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 01:18 am
curlg: would it bother you if you weren't in a relationship? This is coming from one who is only 5 years older than you - I've never been in a relationship (NEVER, I am serious) and its not that bad. I've been able to get a degree I want (but am stuck in a job I hate) and can make plans for the near future - travel, fun, more degrees - and I think the best thing is that I am proud - so proud that I have been able to acheive and be what I am today - and all by myself and those whom I really love. A boy never had to hinder me or my future paths.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 07:20 am
curlgurl wrote:
alittle late for that

Why?
0 Replies

curlgurl

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 07:29 pm
i broke up w/ him it i posted it on the previos page
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:38 am
curlgurl wrote:
i broke up w/ him it i posted it on the previos page

Oh I missed that. Sorry!
0 Replies

igotaq

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 09:25 am
i'm glad to know there are others out there like me i can be mature when it counts, and when it doesn't mater i just have fun all of my friends just can't understand.
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2005 12:10 pm
Being that I was never a normal teenager, I missed out on all that.
0 Replies