"Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn!"

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:53 pm
About the sequel, "Frankly, dear, I didn't give a damn."
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 04:40 pm
Actually, the book, "Scarlett" was mmm....pretty good. But you're right, the TV movie was a bomb (in the bad sense of the word).

However, I liked the idea of Scarlett and Rhett being reunited.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:30 pm
I think they deserved each other, 'cause Rhett was way too noble and Scarlett was way to ignoble. Reads like the perfect mating.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 02:09 pm
Hee! Actually, Lightwizard, if you read the sequel "Scarlett" she does some considerable growing up before Rhett takes her back -- by that time she seems to be far more "worthy" of him.

I don't know if that was really reflected in the TV movie though -- I turned it off about half way through coz' I coundn't take it anymore!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 03:01 pm
Did the Green Giant try to can it?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 03:10 pm
Somebody should have!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 08:36 am
If they froze it, I wouldn't thaw it out.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:54 pm
Back to the quotes:

"She has the emotional maturity of Zelda Fitzgerald."

Woody Allen/Manhattan
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 03:40 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Actually, the book, "Scarlett" was mmm....pretty good. But you're right, the TV movie was a bomb (in the bad sense of the word).

However, I liked the idea of Scarlett and Rhett being reunited.

I like the idea of them being reunited as well, but I didn't think the sequel was that great...nothing like the original.

And by the way, the title of this thread is the best ending quote of a movie!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 04:50 pm
Curious as to where you got the notion that the thread was "best ending quote." "Frankly, My Dear, I don't give a damn" isn't the ending quote of GWTW, it's "After all, tomorrow is a another day."

This is Phoenix's original post as a topic:

There are some lines that originated in film that have become an integral part of the repetoire of English speaking persons. Some of them are so familiar, that younger persons, who have never seen the film, don't even realize that it is a quotation.

What are YOUR favorite lines from films that have become part of everyday language?
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:55 am
that's right! my bad. I completely forgot about that line...I guess I think that it should have ended after Rhett's comment Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:07 am
It didn't end in the book with that line either.

Welcome to A2K and the film forum, Jonsey. Just be on-you-toes here as there are several movie buffs who will recgonize errors in a flash.

I once stated the Woody Allen used the facade of the Del Coronado Hotel in San Diego (also used in the entire finale of "Some Like It Hot") in his movie "Stardust Ballroom" and was immediately challanged that Woody never filmed outside of New York City. I researched it and, sure enough, stock shots of the facades of the Del Coronado were included in the film as the hotel where the film festival was taking place. Woody didn't go to California to personally film them and any notion that he is never left NYC is, of course, absurd.
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:34 am
haha, well thanks for the pointer...I'll be more careful from now on. I actually love the book and movie, but I just completely forgot about the last line Smile
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 02:00 pm
Yes, the camera withdraws from Scarlett on the hill with a sunrise behind her and the closing bars of the soundtrack. The movie is still overblown cinematic pathos but there is an affectionate sentimentality towards its epic soap opera nature.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 02:00 pm
(The dialogue is as corny as Kansas in August).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 02:06 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
(The dialogue is as corny as Kansas in August).

Surely you mean Nebraska?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 02:15 pm
Not in the song from "South Pacific."
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 02:57 pm
haha...that's a good analogy!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 05:34 pm
Perhaps as much a double entendre and thanks.
0 Replies

oursweetbettyboop

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 08:38 pm
and you guys are fruitlups
0 Replies