Going to Hawaii

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2019 09:33 pm
@seac,
We'll be on the Alaska Airline craft, landing in Honolulu at 11:10am.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2019 10:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
We just finished with dinner at an Indian restaurant. All veggies, but very good with the flavor of the veggies in its raw form. Some curry too! All washed down with a lemonaide spiked with ginger. Very Happy
Sturgis

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2019 11:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Seems like you're having a wonderful time! Glad to hear it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2019 12:38 pm
@Sturgis,
We're home now, but regret we're not spending more time in Hawaii. However, I can't complain; we had a wonderful time with my sister and her husband, and friends. Had a drive around the whole island, and stopped at Disney Resort Hotel for lunch. The major changes I've noticed were at the Aloha Tower where the restaurants were replaced by a university, and is now quiet of visitors. The International Market Place has been replaced by luxury stores, and not many people were seen walking around. Also learned that all those ABC stores are owned by a Japanese company. Some blocks have two stores, but they carry different products to sell. Also, Hawaii has a large Japanese population, and many visitors from Japan, so it's strange to see so many Japanese - as a Japanese. My nephew's condo is just a few blocks away from the Ala Moana Shopping Center, so we visit there often. They still have a Long's drugstore where they sell plum seed candy that I love. On Friday evenings, the Hilton Hotel still does their fireworks that we can see from my nephew's condo on the 40th floor. While growing up in Sacramento, we used to visit Chinatown to buy those seeds. We had lunch at the Little Village Noodle House considered the Best Restaurant in Hawaii. We enjoyed a visit to the State Art Museum to see local and international artist's works, and many are unique to this museum. For anyone visiting Hawaii, I highly recommend this museum. Lastly, on our flight home, Alaska Airlines served us filet mignon. What an ending for a wonderful one week! We are now chilling at home. Very Happy
0 Replies