Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 08:45 pm
My wife and I are in Hawaii with my sister and her husband, and we're staying at my nephew's condo on the 40th floor just a few blocks from the beach. My sister and her husband and I walked to the beach, and had drinks at one of the hotel bars looking at the beach and water. It was so relaxing watching the boaters and bathers, while enjoying such a beautiful scenery.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,759 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 08:47 pm
I would like to be back there, this time as a civilian.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 08:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
W e used to visit Hawaii often when my brother in law was stationed here with the USAF. Since my nephew now lives here, we are welcomed to stay at my nephew's place as often as we want. Since we have no hotel expense, we can splurge on other things. I love it!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No kidding? It's January, you're in Hawaii, and all you can think of to do is post on a2k? Send me a ticket and maybe I can give you a few pointers about vacation time.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:16 pm
@roger,
The man is connected to us, which I entirely get, am glad for.

I also get no connections, how I have travelled, month with no contact.

Tell us about your travels.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:18 pm
@roger,
We relax a whole lot. My sister's friends have invited us to have a meal with them tomorrow. I also have a cousin here, so I'll contact her tomorrow to meet before we go home on the 31st.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:41 pm
My Navy buddy, whom I still am in contact with, since the 60s, has a brother that was stationed in Hawaii. He married a girl from there. I think they are in Michigan, these days.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 12:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, the weather has been sunny and dry here the past week. Had time to coat my garage roof. Now I am replanting my garden with new veggies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2016 11:57 pm
@seac,
We just watched fireworks from my nephew's condo. It lasted only four minutes, but it was spectacular! They have them every Friday at 7:45. Quite a show.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 01:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
We visited the Honolulu Museum of Art. The majority are Asian art works, but they also have American and European art. Any visitor to Honolulu should not miss this jewel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honolulu_Museum_of_Art
0 Replies