How many a2kers have you met, #2

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 05:44 pm
It's been a few years since the first one was created, and many have responded. I thought it was a good time to do another one, so here goes with my list of people I've met:
Prince, Steve4100, Merry Andrew, wandeljw, Dyslexia, Walter & Mrs, Calamity Jane, McTag & Mrs, ossobucco, Thomas, JPB, farmerman, realjohnboy, joefromchicago, Yitwail & Mrs, mac11, Cavfancier & Mrs, Francis, georgeob, Cyclo, fbaezer, Sergay (Moscow), ....
My memory isn't so good, so please let me know if I missed you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,537 • Replies: 20
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 06:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
getting started, via your list - I met Wandel and you and Walter and Jaye PB and Joe from Chicago and a couple, The Yitwails. Pat, the Botticelli beauty. Real John Boy, of whom I'm a fairly quiet admirer. Thomas, to me Tomaso, wonderful person, don't get me started.

Baez, I might kill to meet Baez, but I haven't. Friends have.
Of course I'm kidding, but I take him as maybe our smartest person, which means I always listen if he posts. He is also capable of being hysterically funny.
Or serious. His post describing the Mexico City earthquake was one of the best ever here.

I have more, just resting.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2016 09:04 pm
Well, I met Cicerone Imposter, PDiddie, Ossobucco, Roger, Diane, Dyslexia. I would do it again if I had the opportunity.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 12:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
bm Nov 17, 2016.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 12:53 pm
I've met 2
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2016 02:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
Also met PDiddie and Diane.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 04:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Who are these guys?
http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/Tak_Nomura/media/2014-09-28003_zps7e6bcf74.jpg.html
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 04:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've a lot more names, slapping myself for not mentioning Walter and Ulla.

Back after I look at Tak's photo -
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 05:10 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Starting at my left, Joe Nation, how I miss him; Frank Apisa - I'd like to see him if he could hold off on religion for a few minutes as I liked him past all that. Then Tak himself, and then Tsarstepan.
Ragman

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 05:25 pm
Around the yr 2000, I met LittleK, and a few others who aren't active any longer. I've met MassCass/Quinn (Cass) after she moved to Sarasota in 2012 (where I'd moved to in 2010. This past summer I met JoeNation an TsarStephan in Manhattan where I was visiting in July and August.

I'll be traveling to Australia for a short visit then a long stay in New Zealand for 2 months of Dec, Jan and then South Africa for Feb and early March. If ant Forum members are available at those locations I'd be interested in meeting. Australia will be Sydney and Perth. South Africa will be Capetown Johannesburg and Angel Falls amongst other places.

At some point this year or next (barring any unforeseen bumps), I'd like to visit the southwest, whereupon I'd like to meet NM group and Texas and CA that'd like to break bread too!

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 05:26 pm
I've met, more than once, Piffka, as well as Jeanne d'seattle or similar user name. Also, Peace and Love, who took me to the Seattle Museum to see the famous ceramics.

It was Piffka that took me to see the islands and also the famous Seattle market, name I forget by now.

There are more... I'm not answering in any order. I've long liked roaming and connecting on roams, and not just re a2kers.

I have wandered in cities rather well, until night time when I'm skittish re my odd eyes. Still, I could do it, starting early morning and stopping at dusk.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 05:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Pike's Place Market.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pike_Place_Market
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 05:44 pm
@Ragman,
In Sydney, go to the Shangrila Hotel's Blu Bar in the evening to have a drink. Go early if you want to sit by the window. During the day, you can do the bridge climb. Don't miss Gastown and Chinatown.
In Cape Town, go on the top of the mountain for a good view of the city.
Also, visit Stellenbosch for their excellent wines. Victoria Market on the pier and the university is interesting. See if more blacks are now attending college after apartheid ended. I saw one black working at a restaurant in Cape Town. Our tour group walked in the black ghetto, and the children held our hand while we toured their homes.
If you get the chance, go on a safari to see the wild game.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 05:51 pm
@Ragman,
Geez, you know I'd like to meet you both too. Don't get me started re California, punching approaching 50 years, or my less known southwest, of which I'm on the ignorant side but maybe Roger and Diane can help. So can farmerman, he knows the area way more than I do.
On helping, I'm assuming you want to make your own way and not any bloveiation by me or others.

I remember that a friend who had been there gave me watch-out re Italy. Alas, I forget what it was.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 05:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's it!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 06:26 pm
@Ragman,
Don't miss Rotorua in the North Island, and go to a Maori Cultural Show. Auckland is just another big city, but the sailboat cruise was very nice, and they have many good restaurants.

In Australia, if you get to the north-east coast, go to the Iron Bar in Port Douglas. I've been there twice. Also go on the catamaran ride to the man made island to enjoy their bbq. Do the glass bottom boat to see the corals, fishes, and other sea life. On one of my trips, we also visited the Rain Forest near Cairns where (used to be young) a couple from New York started a farm to grow fruits from different parts of the world. They're the only ones allowed to bring agricultural products into Australia.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 07:15 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Thanks, osso. I printed it out and put it on the picture. My memory has gotten so bad, my wife has to keep watch over me.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 07:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm getting there...
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 08:25 pm
This is a person I still consider a friend though we haven't met for quite a long while, now decades -

https://www.google.com/#q=debra+bowen+secretary+of+state

She had troubles over time but started very well, fixing voting machines before anyone else in the US did.

John and I and she were part of our neighbor association.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2016 08:29 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Sorry, that was all off topic.

Bad girl.