Is the state putting pressure on the media?

JohnKloper

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 11:22 am
@vikorr,
If by the great expansion of the empire you mean Ossetia and the Crimea, then both cases were provoked by the United States. What are their interests US protect in Georgia and Ukraine? Just do not talk about democracy. There is only one interest - to prevent Russia from developing as conquer. Special information centers are being built in former countries of the social camp to foment russophobia.

I ask you to present for a moment how would you react to our similar activities in Mexico, for example? And we would still blame you for expansion into Latin America?
The United States is strong economically, and for this reason, they believe in their exclusivity and have replaced international law. It scares me that this is because there was no world war in your country. That's why it is so easy for the States to unleash conflicts around the world.
0 Replies

JohnKloper

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 11:33 am
I ask you to excuse me if some of the sentences in my text are with construction errors. Since English is not my native language, then 50% I use Yandex translator.
Setanta

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 02:09 pm
We've had Russian propaganda agents posting bullshit about Georgia and the Ukraine almost since this site began. What legitimate interest does Russia have in carving huge chunks out of the Ukraine and Georgia? This has been going on since long before that KGB gutter rat Putin made himself "of Great Russia, Little Russia and all the Russias, Autocrat."

About the only difference here is that this joker has stuck around, apparently believing his bullshit will stick. In the past, they've been hit and run propagandists.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 02:30 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Boy oh boy. Let me tell ya how much I love the phrase in bold
Quote:
All of us have long learned to read between the lines of any informational stuffings.

Even Monty Python would be impressed.
JohnKloper

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 06:29 am
Yes. I naively did not believe in what Zadornov wrote in his satirical essays, about the fact that Americans are stupid. But now, after trying to talk, I became convinced that, indeed, ill-bred ignoramuses live in the United States, soaked to the bones with the propaganda of their government through their media. I am depressed that I should answer you with such words, but you disappointed me with your zombie behavior. It's useless to talk to zombies (you know that from your movies). According to our history, I knew one exceptional Napoleonic nation - we returned it to Paris, also a no less exclusive nation of Hitler - returned it to Berlin. Your exclusivity you do not differ from them anything. Of course, we can assume from whence such genetics - from the beginning of the relocation to the New World, mostly gangsters, thieves and criminals of all stripes fled from Europe. Therefore, they have such a style of communication. They did not have Shakespeare and Pushkin. Probably because of this they have such a narrow and simplistic view of everything. In this case, nothing but pity for such people do not feel.
blatham

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 08:03 am
@glitterbag,
Yes! That is the perfect provenance. Perfect.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 11:19 pm
@JohnKloper,
Quote:
...indeed, ill-bred ignoramuses live in the United States, soaked to the bones with the propaganda of their government through their media.

Indeed they do, but only an ill-bred ignoramus would base a conclusion about an entire nation of people on his interactions with several of their number.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 11:25 pm
@JohnKloper,
There are plenty of western people who appear to only ever hear one version of events. A lot of that is not brought on by propaganda, but by the absence of reporting particular matters.

That said, it appears that you are a hypocrite when it comes to complaining about others buying propaganda - you don't look in your own back yard. "We must expand out borders because of american aggression" indeed ...

I am not American by the way. I seem to say that a lot on these forums, but I guess they are inhabited by mostly Americans.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 12:44 am
@JohnKloper,
Well, please don't despair, I doubt there is another American in the entire country that cares what Russia thinks except for Donald Trump. I didn't realize that Shakespeare originated in Russia, bravo. You really should notify Great Britain, those poor souls claim he was a native son. You remember Great Britain don't you?? You know, where your operatives dose people with lethal poisons.

Frankly, you are wasting your time trying to rile up Americans. You and I both know the Cold War never really ended....some of our folks took their eye off the ball...however, your taunts are no longer relevant. Very few remember the Berlin airlift, or the Berlin Wall ..... so even though the average citizen isn't all tuned up
and sensitive about Russians boastful claims of superiority...(pst..they think its funny) the West is watching you like Russia (you) is watching us.
JohnKloper

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 02:22 am
@glitterbag,
Thanks at least for this. Basically, I agree with you that the cold war continues. But, in any case, there is a request from societies to search for topics that will help overcome this relic cold. It seems to me that the spasmodic growth of the information field has reduced our Earth for us. And we need to learn to understand and hear each other. Given this and after the day, I am ashamed of the loss of propriety in the previous post. In spite of this, I will correct you about Shakespeare - I mentioned him above together with Pushkin as representatives of the continent. And I ask you not to think of Russians as such ignoramuses. For my part, I have already apologized for insulting words.
roger

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 03:07 am
@JohnKloper,
It's fair to say I've heard worse from Australia and England.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 03:29 pm
@roger,
Ain't that the truth.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 09:45 pm
@JohnKloper,
My remark about your pointless mention of Shakespeare was tongue in cheek. In other words, I'm cognizant of how people like you operate.....please stop trying to grease me. I don't think Russians are ignorant, but if you are indeed a Russian you have adopted the approach of passive aggressive contempt for Western culture. Frankly, your opinion of my fellow citizens is of no matter to me, it's just typical of the Cold War aspirations of the USSR anxious to prove their superiority. I don't blame you for buying in to the (what did you call it?) fatherland mystic....we have our rabid Trump supporters anxious to take this country back to the 1950's...Putin has you and similarly minded hopefuls who wish Russia still had an emperor. I know, the Bolsheviks wanted Tsar Nicholas out......but the intoxicating power of the throne has enthralled your leaders for over a century.

I'm sure you can still read or view RT propaganda, you just cannot force a free people to swallow the same garbage. I almost forgot, no..in the US we do not have a Lenin holiday.
JohnKloper

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 02:00 am
@glitterbag,
And after what you spoke sarcastically above, you tell me about my aggressive contempt for Western culture ...
vikorr

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 05:10 am
@JohnKloper,
Passive aggressive - it means aggression while trying to seem compliant. It is employed by people who either hate conflict but want to cause problems, or like conflict but don't want to seem like they do.
JohnKloper

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 07:57 am
@vikorr,
It is normal when you compromise so as not to aggravate the situation with opposite points of view of the parties. Otherwise there is no dialogue for understanding the opposite side.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 11:38 am
@JohnKloper,
JohnKloper wrote:

I ask you to excuse me if some of the sentences in my text are with construction errors. Since English is not my native language, then 50% I use Yandex translator.

It might be useful for you to spend some time in the word game threads to help with your use of English.
vikorr

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 12:29 pm
@JohnKloper,
Quote:
It is normal when you compromise so as not to aggravate the situation with opposite points of view of the parties. Otherwise there is no dialogue for understanding the opposite side.
You're talking about being diplomatic. Diplomacy and Passive-Aggressive are not the same thing - as the point of being passive aggressive it not about reaching agreement or understanding - it's about being aggressive without seeming like you are being aggressive / while being able to claim you aren't being aggressive.
JohnKloper

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 01:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Just doing it.
0 Replies

JohnKloper

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2019 01:07 pm
@vikorr,
From the very beginning, I receive answers from "enlightened" people only as a special agent of the Kremlin. Now I have to match the brand.
0 Replies