Help, I'm dyin' here!

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 08:46 pm
Hi,
I'm in quite a dillema. Ther's this girl I like, and I've been friends with her for a while now, and I'm pretty sure she's into me, like more than just friends. She just broke up with her boyfriend, permanently, so she's back in the game. The problem is that one of my good friends also likes her. We've both confessed this to eachother but not to her. He talks to her more frequently then I do, but I don't think she's really into him. I just don't want a girl to destroy our friendship. I know if I hooked up with her it would piss him off, but at the same time, if he hooks up with her it's gonna piss me off. Should I continue to pursue her, or just let her pass me by? It's killin' me softly! Drunk
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 692 • Replies: 6
No top replies

squinney

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:19 pm
Hi, Banshee.

As the mother of a teen daughter I've seen this happen a couple of times over the last year between "friends." The friendships have survived between all parties, but it was rough for a few days each time.

If it were a guy after my daughter, I'd tell her it's her choice. She gets to choose, not either one of you. Your part in the "game" is to make sure you stay honest with your friend about liking her, wanting to ask her out, etc. Straight talk never gets you in trouble with a real friend.

Keep in mind that you are all still young. Its not likely that this is the girl either one of you will marry. But, your friend just may be a friend for life. Keep your perspective.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 11:14 am
Buddy, you've got to go for her. Soon. It's the only thing to do.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 11:31 am
Usually the term is, "Bros before hoes." But if you can pull her in by wearing an awesome shirt, such as one displaying the band "Winger," then he'll understand and give you some high-fives.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 11:37 am
Another good way into a girls heart is to fake an ankle sprain in front of her.

Mad sympathy points.

Winger well get you some ass, and if you can't get that shirt, your second best bet would be a Warrant shirt, preferably one that says "Cherry Pie" on it.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 01:14 pm
Bearing in mind you've both admitted to liking her, i think you're well within your rights to go for it - it's not like you're going behind his back, and you havent fallen out yet about you both liking her
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 01:25 pm
I'm with Squinney. It's her choice and if your friendship with your friend is a good one, it should not effect that.
0 Replies