Stuck with my art and need help finding a solution

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 09:05 pm
I wanna decorate this metallic water-bottle I have. I have a sketch of what I want on there but have no idea how to transfer it onto the bottle and I am not confident I'd be able to recreate it so the goal is 100% to find out how to transfer the drawing. Any ideas?

View best answer, chosen by valhallavalkyrie
farmerman
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 10:12 pm
@valhallavalkyrie,
One more simple way ---You could make a reverse Xerox or other copy print in B&W. Then tranfer it to your metal surface by using an organic solvent like rubbing alcohol. Paint the solvent ON THE BACK of the xerox and, with the print surface down onto the metal surface, rub the design with a burnishing tool (like the back of a teaspoon)
It usually transfers quite easily . Perhaps you should scuff the metal a bit with a 6-to 1500 grit sandpaper.
The trick is th right solvent for the print
roger

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 10:33 pm
@farmerman,
I'm impressed.
0 Replies

valhallavalkyrie

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2019 01:58 am
@farmerman,
I have no clue what a reverse Xerox is...
farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2019 03:21 am
@valhallavalkyrie,
most copy machines have a feature to copy and print your picture so it comes out reversed on your copy. That way, when you transfer it to your surface , it will how up just like your original. Of course , if youre using a computer and a printer. You can always copy your print on your printer, go to your printer options on your screen and (If your using a MAc producr,) just hit "FLIP" and then print
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2019 07:20 am
Use good ole fashioned carbon paper and retrace the illustration on the bottle.

An art supply store should be able to help you out.

Are you using a Dremmel tool to do this?
0 Replies

bazaardelmundo

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2019 10:51 pm
You can use many of the natural things, if you are really stuck with your art and you need help to find a solution.
Use Mexican or folk art to make an attractive art or drawing.
0 Replies