The public's just gonna eat this up.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 05:59 pm
Wendy's is finger lickin good.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 06:03 pm
What's the difference between homeless Russians and Wendy's?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:26 pm
I give up, what?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:28 pm
Wendy's apparently has people lose their fingers IN chili.

And homeless russians lose their fingers WHEN its chilly.

Um... so the answer is very little.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:50 pm
But still, there is this connection...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:52 pm
They knew the finger belonged to the woman because it didn't smell like chili. It smelled like tuna.
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:27 pm
Re: Woman Won't Sue Wendy's for Alleged Finger
This story is so bizarre/not quite believeable, I have the urge to lend some fingers of my own, as in thumbs down!

Anna Ayala dropped her claim (like the finger in the chilly?!) because it "has caused her great emotional distress (someone's missing a FINGER...and she's distressed! HUH?)and continues to be difficult emotionally," said her attorney, Jeffrey Janoff.

Ayala, 39, claimed she found the 1 1/2-inch long fingertip on March 22 while dining at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose...Let's stop right here for a second, it didn't occur to her to at least show the manager what she found. Filiing a claim was an after-thought? Did it leave a bad taste in her mouth? She later filed a claim with the franchise owner, Fresno-based JEM Management Corp., which her attorney had said was the first step before filing a lawsuit.

Wendy's spokesman Denny Lynch declined to comment on Ayala's decision to drop the lawsuit but said a reward hot line to receive tips (finger tips?) will remain open. Wendy's has offered $50,000 to the first person who can provide verifiable information that identifies the origin of the finger. (the origin of the finger, hmm, probably came from the first cave woman that had PMS.)

Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients.(I guess we won't be seeing Dave pushing Wendy's new hot and spicey 'Finger Sandwhiches' any time soon!) None of the employees at the San Jose store had lost any fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.
Good! I love happy ending's. Very Happy
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:02 pm
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 04:23 am
Turtlette, you won't be seeing Dave pushing anything, anywhere, again--given that he is dead.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 09:07 am
Wait, this seems contradictory

Quote:
She was accused of attempted grand larceny because of the financial losses Wendy's restaurants have suffered since Ayala made the claim. The loss to Wendy's in the Bay area is $2.5 million, according to the felony complaint against her.

Quote:

Two separate charges?

The first one is what I've been wondering about. I like Wendy's, as a do-gooder Ohio-based institution whose headquarters I regularly drive by if nothing else.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 09:18 am
I'm guessing that Ayala has always needed money and always felt that she deserved money and always reckoned that other people and/or large corporations had more than their share of money.

For her Wendy's may have been upscale dining.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 09:23 am
Yeah, those are two separate and unrelated charges, connected only in that the warrants for both were served concurrently with Ayala's arrest in the Wendy's case. The girl's bought herself some major inconvenience, and her history of questionable commercial dealin's and financially-oriented litigations ain't gonna serve her at all well in the issues she now confronts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:21 am
My former employer grew up in Upper Arlington, Ohio. He went to school with Wendy Thomas. To them, Dave was just another of the dads, but still a special one. They would go over to the Thomas house after school, and Dave would fix cold drinks and sammiches for all the kids, because he enjoyed it so much. It appears from my former Boss' testimony that Dave was the nice guy they made him out to be in the commericals.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:25 am
Setanta wrote:
My former employer grew up in Upper Arlington, Ohio. He went to school with Wendy Thomas. To them, Dave was just another of the dads, but still a special one. They would go over to the Thomas house after school, and Dave would fix cold drinks and sammiches for all the kids, because he enjoyed it so much. It appears from my former Boss' testimony that Dave was the nice guy they made him out to be in the commericals.

Wendy's is the best of the "big three" fast food places (in my opinion), and I think that's a direct reflection of its founder, Dave, who was a little more interested in the quality of the food, rather than the efficiency of its production. (all just my opinion)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:32 am
bobsmythhawk wrote:
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Police investigating how a human finger ended up in a woman's bowl of Wendy's chili declared the claim a hoax Friday after she was arrested on charges of attempted grand larceny.

I hope they throw the book at her.

The person who owns that particular Wendy's franchise could be ruined by this and lose his business and livlihood. And even if he doesn't, the corporation will lose millions through no fault of their own.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 11:46 am
U.S. National - AP

Woman in Wendy's Case Waives Extradition

By CHRISTINA ALMEIDA, Associated Press Writer

LAS VEGAS - The woman who was arrested after claiming she bit into a human finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili waived extradition Tuesday, telling a judge she was eager to return to California to face charges.

Finger in Chili Still Under Investigation

Anna Ayala, 39, appeared before the same judge who issued a warrant for police to search her home outside Las Vegas on April 6. Records from that raid are sealed.

Outside court, Ayala's lawyer, Frederick Tait Ehler of San Jose, derided charges against his client as baseless.

"Anna says they're ridiculous," Ehler said of the charges of attempted grand larceny. "She's eager to go back to San Jose."

Ayala was arrested late Thursday, and San Jose police on Friday called her claim a hoax. Authorities said the attempted grand theft charge relates to millions in dollars of financial losses Wendy's has suffered since news broke of her claim.

Ayala maintains she bit down on a 1 1/2 inch-long finger fragment while dining March 22 with her family at a Wendy's in San Jose. She has denied placing the digit in her bowl.

She hired a lawyer and filed a claim against the franchise owner, but dropped the legal fight shortly after police searched her home.

Ayala, who has maintained her innocence, faces a maximum seven-year sentence if convicted of the larceny charges, and at least another 16 months if convicted of unrelated charges that she allegedly bilked a woman $11,000 over a soured real estate deal two years ago.

Ayala has been involved in nearly a dozen legal battles, including a sexual harassment suit against an employer, an auto dealer over a car and even another fast-food chain for food poisoning.

Authorities have not yet identified who the finger belonged to or Ayala's connection to it.

A person with knowledge about the case who spoke on condition of anonymity said the finger charge stemmed from San Jose police interviews with people who said Ayala described putting a finger in the chili, statements bolstered by authorities announcing last week that it did not appear the finger had been simmering in chili.

The company maintains that the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. Employees at the San Jose franchise have all their fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

Wendy's, based at Dublin, Ohio, is offering $100,000 for information leading to the origin of the finger.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:35 pm
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 08:05 am
I know!!

This one just screams copycat but seems to be real -- more real than the Wendy's one.

Weeeeeeeeeiiiird...!!!
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 09:00 am
I agree. The employer admitted and employee lost part of a singer so it's not a copycat situation. Weird image forms in your mind of a horde of fingers floating around waiting to be gobbled up.
0 Replies