Oily Crosses apearing on walls

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 11:46 pm
Hi there. I a, checking for anyone that had a similar experience as me and what is the explanation,
I lived in Lafayette, LA 14 years ago and Moved out breaking the lease on my house because it was haunted. When I moved in , I cleaned All the walls in the house. There was something that looked like blood splatter on the door to the laundry room. That is the only spot I didnt clean. Not sure why at the time. I cleaned the walls in the 2nd spareroom of what I thought was soda only to have it come back months later. I heard noises in my kitchen while I was the only one home and even ran in and looked outside to see if I could see anyone running away. Then we started noticing these oil crosses showing up avove the doors and closets. My daughter had 2 beds in her room and had a cross above each one. No one put them there. They were not there before when I washed the walls. One day I was home alone and sitting on the sofa watching tv. I decided to lay down on the sofa and when I did, there was one of those crosses above where my head had been. My daughter heard footsteps in the hall and felt something sit on her bed and had the tv come on by itself one night. My boyfreind and I were freaked out. He thought it was my kids dad mesing with the place but of course it wasnt. I woke up one night and he was standing at the foot of the bed with a knife in hand and pulling at my toes. Another night I had a dream that a bunch of preists were all around me as I slept and doing like an exorsism or something and I felt like this menthol feeling rush from my chest. We went up to the styic at one point and found an old bible that had a hand made cover on it and an old black and whote picture in it and tons of writing in it. I think someone died there. Im guessing a gunshot in or near the laungdry room as it looked like blood splatter in an upward motion. I called the landlord and asked if anyone died there and he said no. I said well the house is haunted and I am moving out. I would really like to know what all that means with the crosses. Was something trying to posess us and these preists or something was trying to protect us or what?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,272 • Replies: 17

izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 04:54 am
@jennniferlea,
jennniferlea wrote:

I said well the house is haunted and I am moving out.

It's probably for the best. Think of it as a chapter in your life that has closed and now move on.

I don't know if you'll get many serious answers here, people will probably either dispute everything you've said claiming there is a rational explanation or go the other way and claim Satan is about to get his paws on you.

You'll probably never know about the crosses, maybe they were put there before and only appeared under certain atmospheric conditions, similar to when someone shines a UV light. In any event only the person who put those crosses there can answer it.

My gut instinct is that they were left by someone who tried to perform a house cleansing/exorcism, but that's just my gut.

The best thing to do would be to try and forget it and move on, but if you can't look for various ghost hunting groups/local historians who may be able to tell you more. Just be careful because those groups can attract some real weirdos.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 07:41 am
@jennniferlea,
We have sounds in our house too, but it’s always mice in the walls. As for all the other weird stuff, why do you think it’s ghosts and not aliens? Mysterious alien technology seems like a more likely explanation. Of course the highest probability of all is that you have a biased viewpoint which you acquired a long time ago and that is causing you to perceive things in a distorted way. But you probably don’t want to hear that. Sadly, having a distorted view of reality tends to follow wherever you go until you fix the root problem. Sorry. Anyway, I hope things work out for you.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 07:46 am
@rosborne979,
Thanks for proving me right, you're of the former camp.

izzythepush wrote:

I don't know if you'll get many serious answers here, people will probably either dispute everything you've said claiming there is a rational explanation or go the other way and claim Satan is about to get his paws on you.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 08:22 am
The crosses were likely put there previously and then painted over when the person who put them there moved. Over time, the substance used for the crosses bled through the new paint. It's not possible to examine the house from here. My sister in law began to think her house was haunted, due to unexplainable things happening there. Turned out the house was built on a fault line, causing the entire house to shift slightly now and then.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 10:24 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Thanks for proving me right, you're of the former camp.

I gave her a serious answer. The only answer which is likely to really help her in the long run. If that’s what you meant, then you were right.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 02:27 am
@rosborne979,
You insulted her, you said she has a distorted view of reality because she doesn't think exactly like you.

She's describing events that do not concur with your view of how things should be so you dismiss them. They must be wrong because you're right about everything and anyone who things otherwise is wrong and must be scorned, belittled and insulted until they believe exactly as you.

I've met your kind loads of times, and I've met plenty who've converted from atheist to believer and vice versa. The only thing that doesn't change is their insistence on being right all the time.

That's the sort of thinking that causes you to separate people into deserving/undeserving, stupid/educated, sheep/goats and ultimately leads to the gas chamber.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 05:28 am
@izzythepush,
She’s describing irrational beliefs. We all have a responsibility to tell people when they are being irrational. Are you seriously telling me that you believe in ghosts and haunted houses? Come on.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 10:23 am
@rosborne979,
Sez you. You know nothing about what she has experienced. She came here asking for help and all you gave was scorn.

Put the supernatural to one side for a moment and think of other areas where people aren't believed. How would you feel if someone claimed they had been abused by a prominent person only to be derided because such a person would not do such a thing?

Regardless of what your own personal beliefs are, she believes that she lived somewhere haunted and she came here for help. All you gave was scorn and derision because you think you know what's best for everyone. If you can't over anything but ridicule you should keep your mouth shut.

Compare your response to Edgar's, he was similarly sceptical towards a supernatural cause, but he did not insult, he talked of someone in a similar situation and said what the cause was.

He tried to help, you didn't, and like all religious fanatics you refuse to acknowledge that you did anything remotely unhelpful.

fresco

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 01:50 pm
Smile
I suggest we keep an eye on posting histories which reveal more than the contents of individual threads.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 02:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Actually I was trying to be as gentle with her as I could be given what had to be said.

This lady wasn't just speculating. She cancelled a legal tenant agreement and moved her family. How do you think she will do with the next landlord when they hear about the previous? How might that affect her ability to get reasonable housing for her family. It's one thing to speculate about ghosts academically or for entertainment. It's another thing entirely to start making life choices based on those assumptions.

rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 02:32 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

Smile
I suggest we keep an eye on posting histories which reveal more than the contents of individual threads.

Ok.... I'm lost on this.
roger

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 03:52 pm
@rosborne979,
You got a pretty good history.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 04:01 pm
@rosborne979,
She's moved her family already, it's a done deal. If we take what she's saying at face value someone is responsible for all these oily crosses, which probably means someone else thought it was haunted.

That doesn't mean it's haunted but it means there is something that caused concern for at least two separate parties. Very ordinary level headed people have had problems with certain properties and moved on with no further problems at all.

I don't think you were trying to help at all, you were ridiculing her and if she was at all concerned that's not a very nice thing to do.

Having said that I take Fresco's point that the OP is probably just someone into ghosts and the supernatural as opposed to being especially frightened about something that happened to her.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2019 01:07 am
@rosborne979,
Relax! It's not yours which appears to be 'attention seeking' Wink

That 'reply to all', was my oblique way of suggesting that you and Izzy might be 'tilting at windmills' conjured by a third party agenda.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2019 09:37 am
@fresco,
Thanks for the clarification. I have no historical knowledge of the original poster, and only passing awareness of Izzy's motivations.

I guess we all have our own windmills that we tilt at.
0 Replies

AlertChristians

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 06:38 am
This type of thing happens because there are two sides. One is of the Devil, Satan, who has billions of demons and many servants who look like people. The other side is that of God of the Holy Bible. You want to be a Christian with spiritual protection, and live with and around other believers.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 08:21 am
@AlertChristians,
AlertChristians wrote:
This type of thing happens because there are two sides.

Yes, there's the crazy side, and the not-crazy side.
0 Replies