Was I possessed? What explanation can you offer for this?

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 07:10 am
When I was a child I was convinced I had died in a car crash, at three years old I could tell my Mum every detail from the road it was on, the number plate/ colour of the car etc. I had no concept of the roads outside of my own at 3 years old, or car number plates. My Mum just told me I was imagining it and consequently I forgot about it, only to find out recently that I thought that, and Mum wouldn't give me any details. I also used to be surrounded by orbs I every picture up until I was about 11 (when film cameras where more popular), no matter what camera was used, or if there was a flash or not. Sometimes the orbs would for shapes, I can specifically remember a dog, because when I was younger I liked dogs so it was cool to me. The shapes where much clearer and representitive of the things they looked like than constellations for example but they shaped were made up or lots of little circles so as clear as a dogs head can be made out of circles. Sometimes they'd form rings and all sorts. I asked Mim recently if I can see the pictures, she says she doesn't know where they are or some other excuse. I feel like she's hiding stuff from me. When I was born I suffocated and had to be rescucitated, just invade that has anything to do with it.
My Mum's a phsycic who predicts death and illness, she's pretty exact. Most recently she predicted her mothers death, fun. Her Mother wasn't old old, she hadn't spoken to her in years so had no idea what her physical health was like, just to say. She always warns people when they're going to be ill. I don't know whether that could be something to do with why she's hiding it all from me.
What do you think could have been the reason for all the weird stuff when I was younger?

jespah

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 08:07 am
@Ivyandbreathmints,
Bad film, bad cameras and unconfirmed memories of a traumatic event.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 01:50 pm
Why ask the REASON? You believe they are real, that's what matters.

If these are uncomfortable or frightening, then seek therapy.

Otherwise, enjoy these revelations and try to learn something from them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 07:24 pm
@Ivyandbreathmints,
I would tell all kinds of tales of what I did "When I was grown up before". I never really understood the "before what?" time.
Ive since forgotten these like a dream an my one living aunt told me just this Christmas that my mother and grandmother were both frightened at what my grandmother was certain was "possession" of some kind of evil spirit or demon.
(CAthoilcs who were originally converts from Judaism to Russian Orthodox have many spiritual bags from which to choose their fears)

Ive questioned my kids until they both thought I was nuts but I think that< if its not genetic memory that we transfer , it may be something else entirely.

Kinda spooky though.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 05:40 am
@Ivyandbreathmints,
Ivyandbreathmints wrote:
My Mum's a phsycic who predicts death and illness .... What explanation can you offer for this?
You've been conditioned with an irrational way of thinking.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 06:27 am
Predicting illness and death are hardly noteworthy achievements. Everyone dies, and illness is the lot of mankind. As the Bible has it, in the book of Job: Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward. Also note the fallacy of the enumeration of favorable circumstances. If when such a prediction is made, and someone does fall ill or die, one would then get excited, saying: "See, she can predict these calamities." When she makes such a prediction, and nothing happens, no one is writing it down so that they can later say "Nine out of ten times, she's wrong." When you only take note of evidence which confirms your hypothesis, and ignore any contradictory evidence, that's the fallacy of the enumeration of favorable circumstances.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 11:22 pm
There's not much to be known about weird stuff without knowing more. If it's bothering you, see a psychotherapist. It might help.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2015 02:25 pm
@Ivyandbreathmints,
Your mother's a psychic? So you grew up in a home with profound mental illness, and now are convinced manifestations of her mental illness describe your own reality.

While I've experienced immediate-term precognitive experiences all my life, I don't believe anyone can do it on-demand as with so-called psychics. If anyone could, they'd be repeat lottery winners and professional gamblers.

I think information is being transmitted and received in some as-yet undescribed way. Thoughts are afterall just electrical impulses. In the same way both the US and USSR developed working psychotronic weapons which could transmit erratic signals into target brains of people wrecking havoc, I think some of us have the specific genetic and physiological makeup enabling us to receive electrical impulses at a distance. Our enviroment is filled with EM signals, radio waves, microwaves, etc. that some people pick this clutter up from time to time should come as no surprise when everyone's brain is a transmitter as well as receiver.

But there's nothing supernatural about it.

Due to genetics, some humns can see partially into the ultraviolet light spectrum giving them very good night vision. But they aren't superheros or in possession of some supernatural ability. It's just genetic variation. So just as a few can see into a spectra of light most can't, some can probably pick up EM signals while most cannot.
0 Replies

jennniferlea

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 11:49 pm
@Ivyandbreathmints,
I wonder if you were reincarnated and still had lingering memories....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 09:35 am
There are some connections that are hard to explain. When my first wife and I lived in Rhode Island, she had such a strong bond with her mother in southeast Texas that she at times told me what her mother was doing, accurately. For instance, she told me once that she just "saw" her mother stranded on the highway in a pouring rain. Turned out that her mother had been on the highway to a medical appointment in Galveston, when a heavy shower struck and her car died at the same time. I have no explanation for such things.
0 Replies