What about Ghosts and Demonology?

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 02:06 pm
What do we believe/know about the paranormal, and demonology?

I believe that a heightened sense of fear can influence our perceptions of what's actually hiding in the dark, making us think that there is something more than there really isn't. But then there are just some things that can't logically be explained.

I live in a wartime home built in the 1920's. My family, and friends who have spent several occasional nights, all speak of foot steps and the occasional whispers. We all unanimously agree that (based on the weight of the footsteps), there is at least a child and an adult moving about. I have personally experienced bouts of sudden fear walking into one of our rooms in the day time and feeling a looming weight over my shoulders. Not to mention goosebumps during a summer heat wave.

Anyone wanna help me feel less crazy? Thanks. Appreciate it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,512 • Replies: 7
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 03:41 pm
@johne sapien,
johne sapien wrote:
Anyone wanna help me feel less crazy? Thanks. Appreciate it.

It's an old house. It creaks and groans -- probably more so when the wind is blowing.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 04:05 pm
@johne sapien,
I think Science can explain some things certainly.

I think that you have to consider if you know it's an 1920 home, whether fear makes you believe there are ghosts.

Then consider you are not the only one in the house, or that visits the house that hears the exact same noises.

There are no things being thrown around the place Smile So what is there to fear?

I do personally believe in after life, that's my personal opinion. I have experienced simular things throughout my life to "not" not believe in it.

The non believes will say you are crazy, the believes will say it's normal and common.

And, they will say, there are no things being thrown around the place, so what is there to fear:)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 04:11 pm
An overheated imagination, encouraged by willing co-conspirators, can and does cook up some amazing possibilities, however this doesn't change reality, being that no scientific evidence can prove the existence of demons nor ghosts.

Wind and weather creates all sorts of noises on a 90-yr-old house.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 05:08 pm
@johne sapien,
I haven't read all the rest of the responses yet. I'll say: woo woo.

Years ago some of the family were in agita in a New Mexico freaked abode re noises. These are not dummies, well educated. They believed it. On the other hand, maybe they have changed views.

I don't know if they still think that place was haunted, dozens of years later, but that they once did made me pause. I can't believe they thought that.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 08:12 pm
From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!

Don't believe in these things, and for goodness sake, stop messing around with them.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 08:40 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Don't believe in these things, and for goodness sake, stop messing around with them.

Sooo what happens when you mess around with them? Mmmm.... :p
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 08:52 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I just got a notice that I can't continue. Criminy, but may be true.

Weird stuff. I mention this in case I disappear.

Weird

0 Replies