Christ Killing Jew Ignores Gods Direct Messenger

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:38 am
One would think and hope it would be understood that by making a statement as completely ridiculous as a calling a Jew a Christ Killer one could bolster the idea that to think George Bush is the messenger of God is equally if not even more, ridiculous.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:49 am
Meh, enough with the political correctness; a joke is a joke.

But let's not forget which guy we're dealing with here:

"Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it."

Ever since my trip to Jenin, my loathing of this man will never die.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:53 am
Blue
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I don't know BBB we seem to have a good discussion going on right here.....

I'm not convinced it is a "good discussion." We could have a better one, don't you think? Or is your purpose just to be provocative rather than substantive?

Flamethrowers don't attract much of a following on A2K.

BBB
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:56 am
Mayhaps a bit harsh BBB. BVT has always been polite and friendly, not your usual flamethrower. I'm with cyclo...onward through the fog...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:58 am
Thank you Pan. I have explained my position and apologized sincerely for any offense and made it clear it was not my intent. End of story. Take it or leave it folks.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:04 am
One parting shot.

This thread went on for 17 pages. a full 15 pages after eoe expressed her distaste with it.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25083&highlight=negro+crossing+sign
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:15 am
Re: Christ Killing Jew Ignores Gods Direct Messenger
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Blue, I think part of the confusion is your post "Betty Bowers is furious" but the article you posted was not about "America's greatest Christian."
It was about Sharon and Bush. I get and enjoy Betty Bower's newsletters so I was confused, but maybe its because I'm getting old.

Perhaps Betty Bower's latest tongue in cheek screed would help readers understand your great sense of humor:

Dear NRA and Culture of Life® Member:

Well, the Pope's death extravaganza has confirmed as truth several suspicions of mine. First, Italian morticians clearly did not escape the sirenical vortex of Tom Ford era Gucci envelope pushing. I am, of course, referring to the Pope's edgy post-life appearance we were all treated to every time we turned on our television. The Lord may be forgiving, but daylight is not. Honestly, if one is going to be lying about idly in public, aubergine lipstick is a rather aggressive choice. (And, frankly, this goes for even those blessed with the more forgiving complexions enjoyed by the breathing.)

Another thing we all learned this week is that the American media's canonization procedure makes even the Catholic Church's most giddily expedited ascensions to sainthood seem rather languidly reluctant in comparison. Instead of the niggling requirement of a purported miracle (such as, say, witnessing Jennifer Lopez singing on pitch), cable news only requires one thing for instant beatification: the death of someone popular with people the network wishes to pander.

As anyone with a television now knows (after the most numbing repetition since our strenuously serene First Lady started repeating the word "teacher" like history's most monomaniac Tourette's sufferer), Pope John Paul II was quite conveniently without reportable fault. This fact is all the more remarkable since he blithely presided over an enterprise of child molestation so vast and industrious that it makes Munchausen Syndrome spokesperson Michael Jackson's notorious undertakings in this same regard seem quaintly amateurish. Nevertheless, everyone from ABC to Fox News graciously washed away all papal sins, including his particularly untenable habit of being an antiwar peacenik. As any Republican Christian will tell you, this particular teaching of Jesus' ("turn the other cheek if someone strikes you") is particularly galling to those of us more Christian than Christ.

Nor did anyone on television seem particularly inclined to spoil the national keenathon by pointing out that the King of the Mary Worshippers' last decision here on Earth only served to underscore to all of us Culture of Life® protestants just how lackadaisical and self-serving was the Pope's so-called embrace of our death-penalty-and-war-loving Culture of Life® (which, oddly, promotes none of one and little of the other). You see, it is all well and good to have a Vatican spokesperson condemn Terry Schiavo's husband's decision to honor his wife's outrageous decision not to be kept fresh in the medical equivalent of Tupperware, but you don't need to know Latin, swing a censer or light a candle to know that when a seriously ill man says, "I don't want to go back to the hospital" what he is really saying is "I want to die."

While alive, Pope John Paul II was one of Catholicism's most devout promoters of a goddess called Mary. And that, of course, is saying something! Indeed, judging from the most prevalent choices of graven images throughout Latin America, it appears that the Catholic Church has successfully promoted Mary over Jesus as the "go to" divinity when in need of a new car, coca crop or other financial blessing. In fact, the Pope was such an ardent Marian that he even suggested that the woman best known in the Bible for braying for free wine at wedding parties and failing to cook her son a lovely hot home-cooked meal for his Last Supper on Earth be designated as humanity's "Co-Redeemer." Apparently, Heaven's HR department posted that there is a new way to qualify for this position that doesn't involve the inconvenience of climbing up on a cross, news that came as a source of both shock and annoyance when I told Jesus.

Odd, how a seemingly omnipotent pope will turn to a woman for guidance and inspiration -- but only if she lives in a suitably remote formation of cumulus clouds. Even the church's belated, catty review of "The Da Vinci Code" was fueled solely by the Cardinals' rather peculiar fear of parishioners seeking advice from clergy of a gender actually born to wear red dresses. In this way, I think of the Catholic clergy as much akin to the most stereotypic homosexual Nancy boys: worshipping the idea of woman in Marilyn Monroe and Judy Garland, but almost imperceptivity recoiling when a real female crosses their paths.

America's obsessive bemoaning that a man -- finally -- accomplished what he had supposedly devoted his long, full life to doing (meeting the mercurial Lord) only helped to spotlight our nation's disconcertingly needy relationship with death. For a so-called Culture of Life®, we certainly have an unseemly preoccupation with death. America is a country where the discussion of "s letter-after-d x" is verboten (don't tell me you didn't realize that in GOP America "Abstinence Only" refers to voting -- and "No Child Left Behind" is simply a result of our condomless teen pregnancy problem). Hence, our only acceptable form of self-stimulation now arises from obsessive, prolonged public grieving triggered by the death of someone we never actually met. This professionally orchestrated emotional masturbation hit its stride with Princess Di, but is a pastime flexible enough to adapt to both king (Ronald Reagan) and commoner (Laci Peterson).

Pandering to such periodic bouts of collective lamentation provides 24-7 cable channels a welcome and expeditious alternative to the laborious, passé tasks of research and reporting. It is a given that only one death, trial or scandal at a time will snare our stingy attention, all significant events that actually affect us usually failing to romance us sufficiently to muster interest. That is, of course, until everyone is distracted by the next fickle obsession. Our tendency for intense, serial-obsessions is what Terry Schiavo's parents were recently stunned to discover as they watched cameras briskly snap shut and local news vans squeal out of their neighborhood in what, they mistakenly thought, was going to be their golden moment of news cycle penetration.

In closing, Jesus, still peeved about the whole "Co-Redemtrix" thing, has asked that you not hector Him with your more tiresome requests this week. The prayer queues for both Cadillac Escalades and Grammies are full as of 10:13 this morning. And while He assures you that He had every honorable intention of sorting through the recent flurry of prayers for "papal health," by the time He checked that box it all seemed rather moot and pointless.

So close to Jesus, He's letting me roll the Holy Dice on Judgment Day,

Mrs. Betty Bowers
America's Best Christian
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:26 am
Thanks for the post and your kindness in reaching out to let me off the hook. You are a gracious individual and I appreciate it. (and that's not sarcasm Very Happy )
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:30 am
bvt, I recognized your play on words. It was hyperbole intended to make a statement about Sharon and Bush. There ain't no bad guys here, just folks wondering about The Middle East and its ramifications; however, we all bring to any discussions what has affected us in the light of our own setting events.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:37 am
Letty wrote:
bvt, I recognized your play on words. It was hyperbole intended to make a statement about Sharon and Bush. There ain't no bad guys here, just folks wondering about The Middle East and its ramifications; however, we all bring to any discussions what has affected us in the light of our own setting events.

well put.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 03:54 pm
panzade wrote:
goodfielder wrote:
The difference between the treatment of Jews and, say, the wars between French Catholics and Huguenots, is the duration and spread.

The difference my good friend(and I do enjoy your posts) is that the persecution of the Jews has touched au and myself personally which is not the case with the wars between the Catholics and Huguenots. I dare say there's no one on this forum that has been affected first hand with these wars.
I don't know any specifics in au's case but his reaction was identical to mine, a knee-jerk reaction to 40 years of anti-semitism;sometimes subtle, sometimes overt.
In my case the loss of members of my immediate family in the death camps.The SS papers I hold right now in my hand that spell out the sizable fortune demanded of my grandparents in order to escape with their lives...and nothing else.
The settlement papers from the Swiss banks that are on my desk. A suit that has dragged on for 30 years because the banks would not admit to stealing millions of dollars from families such as mine.

So in summing up: A jew can not be TOO sensitive...it's not in his genes :wink:
I'm not looking for special treatment and I'm sure au isn't either, but when we see titles such as the one my friend BVT put up...we take a deep breath and then exhale in relief.

Points taken panzade. When I contrasted the historical - and contemporary - treatment of Jews with that meted out to the Huguenots by French Catholics it was to point out that while certain groups in society have been terrorised for years or perhaps a hundred years in one place or another, few, if any, have been terrorised for thousands of years and across all nations.

Now at the risk of extending the discussion, much to the chagrin of bvt, I have to say that in my personal history I've always found it a conundrum that anyone should be villified for apparently fulfilling the will of God. That particular conundrum has followed me all my life even though many years ago I walked away from my birth religion (I am referred to, I think somewhat contemptuously by some, as a "Cradle Catholic" - there, that should start another discussion) for various reasons. I think that may be the reason I saw the sublime humour in the juxtaposition of the ancient grudge and the contemporary claim in the subject line for the discussion. I should have realised that each of us will see it differently based on his or her own experiences.

I'm glad that you were able to exhale in relief. I feel sure that on this site anyone who tried to make the old grudge as a point would be fallen upon by the members even before the administrators could move.
0 Replies