Students don't know tolerence.

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 02:43 pm
Rat, you always have such interesting chapeaux . . .
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 03:45 pm
DrewDad wrote:
woiyo wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
The recruiters, having freedom of speech, were free to remain and speak.

The protesters, having freedom of speech, were free to say "boo."

Freedom of speech does not include a guarantee of an audience.

The students were NOT FREE to harrass a vendor at a Job Fair, regardless who the vendor is. Arrests should have been made by the police against the suudents for disturbing the peace. What the students did was illegal.

So?

It's called non-violent protest. And it's a pretty damned effective tool. I'm sure the students knew the risks, and yet they chose to demonstrate anyway.

I suppose it is called non-violent protest, although I would hardly place it on a par with Martin Luther King, since this protest was designed to prevent people from speaking.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 05:47 pm
CR:
Quote:
Anyway, I hope the next time some liberal, whiney democrat gives a speech somewhere, that some wacko republican students throw food at him and then see if y'all think the same. Hope you do. I wouldn't want to add hypocrit to my list of your character attributes Cy.

Oh, I wish more liberals WOULD get hit in the face with pies!!!

Seriously.

By laughing off the event, any politician or speaker would gain huge points for keeping their cool and not seeming like, well, an uptight jackass.

Encourage your fellow conservatives to start the practice up. When you see the reaction of some of the Dems, you'll realize how silly the outrage over this whole thing is.

AL-PIEDA for ever!

Cycloptichorn

p.s. if Coulter came to my school to speak, I'd hit her with a lot more than a pie.... she got off lucky
0 Replies