Oooh, those brainy, college Republicans...

yitwail

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 11:08 am
and a PS to candid1: let's not disparage neanderthals. chances are, they were a peaceful bunch, which might be why they're no longer around.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 12:19 pm
And, now we apologize to Neanderthals... That has to be a first on A2K if not the WWW. Laughing
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 02:27 pm
sozobe wrote:
yitwail wrote:
could be they wanted some publicitiy, in which case they got it in spades, although it may not be the type of publicity they wanted.

Right, or even just attracting people to their event. Famous person who's on our side! Gonna be crazy! Come check it out!

"Famous person on our side?"
...and they came up with him?

Yikes!
Time to re-evaluate what constitutes "famous".
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 02:34 pm
Just think if it had been a college Republican group in, say, Texas. They might've thanked that rassler for his educational presentation.

I guess there are some Republicans in the Northeast who still think for themselves...
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 02:46 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Just think if it had been a college Republican group in, say, Texas. They might've thanked that rassler for his educational presentation.

I guess there are some Republicans in the Northeast who still think for themselves...

Location is everything....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 03:48 pm
yitwail wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
dlowan:

Thanx for reinforcing the whole point of this thread.

Just what WE'RE those crazy, wacky college Republicans thinking? Shocked

could be they wanted some publicitiy, in which case they got it in spades, although it may not be the type of publicity they wanted.

Yes - that is what I was thinking.

Point of interest - just WHO is attracted by these wrestler types?

This one seems to be known for his nutty politics, though...

Oh well - I guess we can all resonate with those fateful words which sum up all the tragedy, uncertainty, humour and pathos of the human condition: "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

Does anyone else remember the lovely James Thurber cartoon of the man standing - dead-drunk, wearing a silly hat, and clutching a midget under each arm - at his own door, clearly at an ungodly hour of the morning - with his aghast and wrathful wife, whom he has obviously aroused from slumber by drunkenly hammering and yelling at said door - just at that moment when the fabulously weird logic of the bender, where midgets and all such things are not only explicable and reasonable, but NECESSARY, is collapsing under the weight of normal social reality.

All the poor fella can say is a would-be-soothing:

"I seem to have these midgets."

Much as the young Republicans must have felt the morning after.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 04:27 pm
:wink: Hee, hee. That's great, dlowan...
0 Replies