What prompted Al Qaeda's terrorism against the US.

trespassers will

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:53 am
steissd wrote:
I do not think that the current administration seeks for war just for sake of war. Its objectives are, IMHO, changing the strategic balance in the Middle East in favor of the USA and sending clear message to the other rogue regimes about their possible destiny if they attempt to threaten the U.S. citizens or strategic interests. Achieving these objectives is in favor of the USA. And whose favor should serve the U.S. administration, if not this of the USA?

Well stated, steissd. Sadly, the only people your comments will have any impact on already agree with you. Those you hope to reach don't want to be reached.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 02:40 pm
trespassers will wrote:
snood wrote:
...gotta LOVE them analogies... Laughing Surprised

I'm sorry snood. I forgot to dumb it down for you.

Now see, tres - you say crap like that, then whine to the moderators when you get the same in return (multiplied by a half dozen or so, - you're soooo popular). If you were as 'above' me as you like to pretend, you wouldn't have to snipe, now would you?
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 02:44 pm
<deleted>
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 05:52 pm
Now, normally, I wouldn't do this on a thread, but I'm getting PMs about this thread. Certain participants are engaging in behavior other participants, involved and uninvolved, consider inappropriate enough to call to my attention.

Nobody gets anything out of a thread if its filled with squabbling, accusations, and interpersonal sniping. Nobody gets anything out of a locked thread either, and I don't have to watch a locked thread. C'mon, folks ... gimme a break here. If I didn't know better, I'd think there was a bunch of international politicians in here Laughing

Ya don't have ta agree, but ya oughta try to get along with one another.

Thanks.

timber
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 06:10 pm
Tomorrow is another day! May it dawn and set in Peace! Smile
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 06:22 pm
Timber
This is what happens when people take themselves too seriously. Hopefully they will remember regardless of their opinions Bush will get up tommorow morning put his pants on one leg at a time and do exactly what he wants to. What we say and discuss will not a darn bit of difference make. So lets all take our prozac and calm down. Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 07:00 pm
Got any Benzodiazeprines?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 08:37 pm
lest we forget! Politics in afghanistan haven't resolved by a long shot, just because we started a new war in iraq.

Taliban re-strengthening.....maybe?
0 Replies

mozkill

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 09:13 am
that is not true. the Taliban in Afganistan is not re-strengthening. i am not sure where you got that idea. can you provide your reference for this fact? also, countries who develop new governments, as in the case of Afganistan developing a new government in place of Al-Q, do not accomplish this overnight and nor do they accomplish it in 2 years. it takes longer than that.

by the way, this thread has degenerated into a whole lot of comments without facts. the original poster was looking for evidence, and so was i by reading this thread. please stick to the original charter of this thread.
0 Replies

mozkill

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 09:30 am
McTag wrote:
Hi, just joined the thread.

If you want to get some good information on this topic, this article from a recent speech by Norman Mailer is excellent:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/16166

It's long, and it's detailed, but it's worth persevering with.

McT

I have never read a more "factless", "biased" and "naive" speech in my entire life. If this is what you call "evidence", then our country is sure to ruin.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 12:57 pm
mozkill wrote:
McTag wrote:
Hi, just joined the thread.

If you want to get some good information on this topic, this article from a recent speech by Norman Mailer is excellent:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/16166

It's long, and it's detailed, but it's worth persevering with.

McT

I have never read a more "factless", "biased" and "naive" speech in my entire life. If this is what you call "evidence", then our country is sure to ruin.

Only if McTag is representative of most Americans. He (she?) is not, by a long shot. Mailer on the other hand is an exemplar of the insular leftist celebrity and the absurd notions they find it easy to hold since--by never stepping outside the leftist circles in which they move--they are never challenged by anyone who holds a different viewpoint.
0 Replies