Ex wife keeps me on the phone

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 06:58 pm
My wife broke up with me about 10 months ago and we rarely see each other or talk. When we have to talk about what to do with our condo or divorce over the phone I can't get her to hang up. She talks about her family, work, how she is feeling (she has been dealing with some health issues). I have to find excuses to get off the phone with her after 30-45 minutes. I don't want her back, just wondering what might be up with her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 494 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 07:01 pm
@Freddie T,
She's used to having you as an ear.

She probably liked you before she loved you, maybe still considers you a friend (whether or not that is realistic for either of you).
chai2

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2019 07:24 pm
@ehBeth,
I’d start communicating via email or text so you can answer at your choice of time, and have a paper trail.

If she’s the one initiating the calls, let her know texts/emails work better.

If you have to be on the phone with her, first thing say “I have 10 minutes to talk. Then I have to get off the phone.” At 5 minutes remind her you’ve got 5 more minutes to give her. At 10 minutes tell her you have to go, and that if she has anything else to say, to text you.

If she asks what you have to do, tell her it’s private. That starts to set the boundaries that your life is no longer something she is part of.

If she starts rambling in texts or emails, just respond to the business stuff that has to be addressed. Don’t encourage conversation by asking questions.

She’ll catch on.

If she starts in with the “don’t you want to talk?”, bite the bullet and let her know you only have time to talk about what is necessary.

You get to set the parameters, not her, and you aren’t her hostage.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:07 pm
she is obviously trying to rekindle your relationship by deepen your involvement in her life. if you have no desire to take advantage of this opportunity tell her clearly you are no longer interested in her life and want to limit convo to matters of joint concerns such as house and other assets activities no personal matters
0 Replies

Websolute

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 03:53 am
she really loves you beacuse she wants to stay with you and love forever
0 Replies