Women of a certain age.

Noddy24

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 09:56 am
Quote:
I think she's perning in a widening.

And finding the falconer completely irrelevant.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:06 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Quote:
I think she's perning in a widening.

And finding the falconer completely irrelevant.

As long as she's toujours gayer, Archie, toujours gayer.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:16 am
Gayer...

Grayer...

Graver...

....but always thumb to nose.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:45 am
God I love it when you two talk liturairy.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:48 am
Noddy, back to your post and JLN's reply. It made me realize that, all too often, reasons, logical or not, go right along with blame.

Should that be added to the larger list of why wars are started?

Please, oh please, go back to beautiful ladies in the Catskills, but leave my picture out of it or I'll have Sally dog attack.

edited for syntax
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:58 am
Oh, there's my Cleo!!!!

I have her leash, so she's mine, right?????

I still have the Woodstock long-sleeve t-shirt that I bought there.... I wear it all the time. It's navy blue, with a peace sign, with 'Woodstock' above the peace sign. I love it!!! There were great little shops in Woodstock. And lots of awesome artwork in the shops and galleries.

Ginny was such a lovely hostess. How is she doing? Is she posting here, in A2K???

PaL

Very Happy
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 11:11 am
Pal, I don't think Ginny posts here, but I am rather erratic and don't keep up with very many threads.

Maybe on another thread, but I really haven't kept up the way I used to.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 11:12 am
<waving>

Hi Swimpy!!!!

Thanks for the wave!!!!

How's everything with you?

I'm traveling to the midwest in a few weeks, but I'll be further east than Iowa. I'm landing in Louisville and then driving into Indiana. I'll be partying with a group of Border Collies (and their owners) on a farm, in a sheep pasture.... LOL.... I'm hoping for good autumn colors. I'm taking my camera!!!

PaL

Very Happy
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 11:22 am
Diane, then it really was serendipitous that this tread popped up at the top of the list!!!

About 3 years ago, I was trying to learn Computer Graphics, and I joined a bunch of Yahoo groups for learning the Paint Shop Pro program. I jumped in all the way, in the beginning. But I've fizzled out now. So, I know what it's like to be hit-and-miss.

I'm just so glad you were here when I posted!!!

Do you ever hear from BJ (cobalt)?

PaL

Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:38 pm
PaL, No, Ginny doesn't post here. I'm in touch with her. She's doing ok.

BTW, please don't post a photo of me. I have a thing about that. Weird but true. Nothing new there.

Glad all is well with you. Your new house sounds wonderful. I can picture you on all that land with your wonderful dogs. Very Happy
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:55 pm
PaL, You will be close but still out of reach Crying or Very sad I hope you enjoy your trip. I've been pretty busy the last few years. Got a new job about 5 years ago, have done some remodeling, went to Europe, got a son married off...the usual :wink:
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 05:50 pm
Hi Roberta,

No worries.... No photos....

I mowed the field today. It's about one acre (about the size of a football field). It's so much fun, riding around on my John Deere.... LOL...

Clearing the field was "Phase One" of my property development. Phase Two will be to replace this house (which is not structurally sound, and wouldn't pass a Home Inspection) with a cute little cottage. That won't happen for awhile. I need to wait until interest rates on construction loans are way low again... LOL...

Yes, the dogs look wonderful when they're playing in the field.... Jack likes to chase the sprinkler!!!

PaL

Very Happy
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 05:59 pm
Hi Swimpy,

Congrats on the new job!!! If you've been there for 5 years, it must be a good job!!!

A European Vacation.... oh, that sounds lovely!!!

When I get to Indiana, there will be 2 ladies from the Netherlands there. They're bringing 3 Border Collies with them, and will be working with a lady who trains stock dogs for herding trials. I'm really looking forward to meeting them. I joined the Border Collie group about 7 years ago, and I've already met 4 people (and their dogs). I'll meet about 10 more members in Indiana. It's always fun to actually meet in person and see the dogs!!!

PaL

Very Happy
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 07:32 pm
The son and his new wife have a part border collie/part Irish setter. They want to get her into agility training. She is a bundle of energy. Is there a website that helps you find agility training in your area?
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:30 pm
Hi Swimpy,

OhMyGosh, Agility is so much fun!!!

Tell them to be very careful when looking for a training facility. I would suggest that they ask their veterinarian. First, the vet will know if she has the correct body-type for athletics. Second, the vet probably has other clients who are doing agility.

Also, they want a really good training center so that the dog is started correctly. A good trainer will say, "Never Say No" when training for agility!!!

In the meantime, they should be working on Attention exercises and Recall exercises. A good basic beginning Obedience class will include those. Trust me, you don't want to be in the agility ring with a dog that won't pay attention and won't come when called!!!!

There are 2 (or maybe 3) organizations who run nationwide agility events. One is the AKC (they might only accept purebreds). The other is NADAC, and they accept mixed breeds. NADAC trials are really fun, and they're well run. Most of the people I know prefer NADAC.

Anyhoo.... tell them to have fun!!!

The Irish breed and the BC breed are both high-energy breeds!!! She's probably really beautifu, too!!!!

PaL

Very Happy
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 11:26 am
Thanks for the info. <Sorry to hijack the thread Embarrassed >
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 05:08 pm
No problem Swimpy.

Actually, a new thread about Peace & Love's return might be a good idea. Lots of people have missed you, P&L and would be so pleased to know of your return.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 03:51 pm
Thought the group would find this composition interesting ....

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/5/0/2/5/highres_140517.jpeg
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 11:49 pm
Beautiful, Gelisgesti. The three stages of life are represented by the three women.

Looks like they are stirring up a little star dust, a fine and wonderful thing.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 04:11 pm
Dear Diane,
I'm afraid you are still recuperating as evidenced by your confusion of urine with stardust.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:38:24