Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended
family, all bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women, and
neither would I. When we began this adventure called
womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or
sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we
would need each other.
Every day, we need each other still.

Here, butterflynet posted the last way back in 2008.
Time waits for no man.... we have heard thousands of times--- most likely cuz it is true...
(It has been SO GREAT to meet many women who love and encourage each other. Good friends, go to Google, and type in the word louritter, and vist that pink site. I hope your will remember with compassion in the face of truth.)
msolga

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 04:02 pm
@Rose101,
Hello, Rose & welcome. Smile
Rose101

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 04:48 pm
@msolga,
Hi Msolga, Nice to meet ya,
You were not a member of the original crones of abuzz were you?
msolga

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 04:54 pm
@Rose101,
No, I wasn't , Rose. But I was involved in a post-crones' emailing group for a little bit, following the demise of Abuzz.
I take it your were an active crone? Smile

(I'm hoping your post here will entice Diane back here. She's sorely missed by many of us.
Hello, Diane, if you're reading this! Smile )
JLNobody

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 05:39 pm
@msolga,
I have something to say, but since I'm a guy I feel I shouldn't intrude. Sniff.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 05:45 pm
@Rose101,
Hi Rose,

What a coincidence...thank you for reviving this thread. The woman who sent me that poem (my cousin) did so after my father died. She lost her husband of 37 years this week.

She is surrounded and comforted by the love of literally hundreds of nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles and 5 sisters. I'm going to send this back to her and hope it comforts her now as much as it did me when she sent it to me.
msolga

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 05:48 pm
@JLNobody,
Very Happy

Well, I'm only one participant here, JL, but I can't imagine you'd be wanting to say something outrageous or nasty about women? Wink Smile

Personally, it has never bothered me in the least when men have contributed constructively to a discussion about "women's issues".
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 07:05 pm
@Rose101,
Well, for heaven's sake! Where did you disappear to? How are you, Lou?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 07:15 pm
@Swimpy,
Hi, Lou. I was a Crone for a while, after you were there, I think. I'm not much of a joiner, but I appreciated all that for a bit.
JLNobody - speak up!!
Rose101

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 08:37 pm
@JLNobody,
Of course you can join in, and it will NOT be an intrusion J L Nobody (what a NAME, and I thought I was reticent Embarrassed Very Happy
0 Replies

Rose101

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 08:41 pm
@Swimpy,
Dearest Swimpy,
I am hidden away with my numerous shields, and do HARDLY EVER read in A2K. I felt I made so many enemies back in Abuzz, because of becoming a 'ti' , which I never could explain. That is why I HOPED it would make a difference if I posted in the topic where most of our friends are, so they would go to my blog at the pink ning, and read all of them and perhaps, gain understanding.
I hope so, and it is to my sorrow that I am at least temporarily estranged from being a regular on the forum. God Bless you for your valued advice and Love... lou
0 Replies

Rose101

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 08:44 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco, I have not forgotten a thing. I first met you on Abuzz, posting in my Mayonnaise thread (at least that is the one I think, though it could have been about my spinach breakfast.) But I remember your interest in food and recipes. Good to hear from you, hello.
0 Replies

Rose101

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 10:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thank your friend for such an inspiring poem Butrflynet... I really enjoyed it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 10:59 pm
Hi, lou. Long time no -
Rose101

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 06:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Awhile, edgar... and now probably longer. I am here NOW, let me wish you many more days of brilliant writing, and fun stories... and long life.

I also salute you Ethelred and Diane, wherever you are. Hello to Sumac, to longdog, and Joandark. And still missing judianne, susanWozniac, dlowan, Joan, piffka, letty, Marly, Misti---the sweet tones of Peace and Love with her grand border collie stories.There were SO many more...like Kara, and My dear friend and confidant... Valdo; jdorel, who has gone on to Glory, along with Jane and Noddy. Ulshmidt from Austria, and Jespah from New England... all of you contributed to the new experience of my life, having a computer to make friends. There are more, and my mind fails me... as strength begins to fail me MORE with each passing day. But I wont forget. I promise. I will love you all, (you too, Swimpy and osso...) and call your name when I pray.
s'long... lou
Diane

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 11:51 pm
@Rose101,
Oh Lou, it is so good to hear from you. Often now, my user name on other sites is Diane Wells instead of Diane Freeman , because I left my husband of 34 years to be with "Dys" although we haven't married. It has been a wonderful experience to feel real love, although sometimes I wonder how he copes with a bi-polar crazy woman (I know that it can be depressingly difficult) and I wonder what the stress is doing to his health.

I went to the site and found you, but a site with religious overtones isn't for me, so I do hope that you will continue posting here.

I think all the crones are still around, but our group seems to have gone its own way.

Please come back and tell us all about the intervening years. I've often thought of you.
Rose101

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 11:31 am
@Diane,
Good Morning Diane,
I am so humbled that you have thought of me often. I think of all you grand ladies too---and all the comaraderie we shared on abuzz.
As it began to go DOWN, in the face of foolishness, I personally felt my own disillusionment and confusion helped set the stage for our disolution, as a group. And I am sorry for all my interference.. I humbly apologize.

I wanted to invite you all to my page, not necessarily to be 'members' for most of the members there are 'ti's ' and that is where they come to gain encouragement and read/share new discoveries in the world of covert electronics.
I left a private message for you on the site, with the url of my private blog, which I hope will become a biography in the future. An explanation that will get clearer as years pass and classified knowledge is finally published.

Thank you SO MUCH for caring. You are indeed a queenly and beautiful LADY...

Please read my blog and you will be up to date on all my years... love lou
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 03:10 pm
Actually, I have little to say on this thread--it IS a ladies' conversation--but I had a strong emotional reaction to the title's phrase "of a certain age." Ever since I was a young man (in my thirties) I found that I was MUCH more attracted to women in their fifties than I was to younger "girls." When I saw a particularly attractive young lady, I wondered what she would look like in thirty or forty years. I ASSUMED that she would be a much more interesting person. In fact she would have metamorphosed from a girl to a WOMAN. That's what you gals seem to be. I know that to be the case for the A2K women (crones) I've met--Osso and Diane.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:52 am
When I'm old I want to look like artist Louise Bourgeois (circa 1911)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4405658164_a0e3e79ee6.jpg

Not Joan Rivers (circa 1933) :

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-5/joan-rivers-3.jpg
mismi

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:00 am
@Green Witch,
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2800000/Ouiser-steel-magnolias-2897405-120-88.jpg
I kind of think being a curmudgeon like Ouiser would be fun.

Heaven forbid that I look like Joan Rivers.
Fun thread ladies - I am enjoying my reading.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:26:52