Women of a certain age.

dadpad

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 06:14 pm
Sorry I got it wrong. Correct figures are 140/90. The nurse says it should be 135/85. Slightly elevated but not rediculously so.
dadpad

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 06:30 pm
JPB wrote:
Her children are newly out on their own. Her roll as mother is changing. Her role as wife is changing. Her roll as an individual member of society may also be changing. Does she still find her work rewarding? If not, then she's facing a triple whammy of self-doubt.

She seems reasonably content with her work, she was offered a different role recently slightly more money but knocked it back as she likes what she does.

I should help more around the home I know but she does it all before i can even think of it.

Phoenix32890 wrote:
(I bet most of the fellas didn't know that we gals produce some testosterone).

I think you do intelligent men a disservice.

Phoenix32890 wrote:
Are her moods affecting her work? Does she greet the day with positive anticipation?

No. Yes (mostly).

The sadness (perhaps introspection is a better description) I mentioned Is not a big problem and she seems to back to her normal, busy, 6 things at once self.
I'm probabaly not going to say any more. She wouldnt like it I think.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 01:18 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Are you saying our warning can make her stressed? Or that the warning is very serious? Or, more likely, a combo?

Osso, since Dadpad is a very smart guy, I'm sure he understood what we were saying in terms of warning about the dangers of high blood pressure and that our warnings were very serious. And from the sound of it, Mrs. Dadpad is also a smart cookie who would take the warnings as they were meant-concern for her. If he had questions about anything we said, he would ask.

At this point, he seems to be wanting to back off for the sake of his wife's privacy.
McTag

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 01:22 am
@Diane,

Seems fair enough to me.

Hi, Diane.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 11:35 am
@dadpad,
Oh, great then!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 01:04 pm
@McTag,
Where have you been, McTag? Up in the wild Scottish Highlands?

Good to see you.
McTag

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 03:35 pm
@Diane,

They seek him here. They seek him there.

Smile
JLNobody

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:43 pm
@McTag,
The Red Pimpernel? (?) (pumpernickel?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:48 pm
All I cared about Dad Pad getting straight was that 170/90 doesn't fall within normal. Glad that's clear.

Pumpernickel? I just bought some rye flour to see if I can bake my own..
Tangent again... that's my way - I'm a woman with a non linear mind (mien) and aged to boot..
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 02:33 pm
Thought I'd revive this old thread with a confession.

This week I've ordered a new mechanical callus remover to help deal with the barnacles that keep attaching themselves to my feet. I also ordered a hair trimmer to prune back the ear, nose and chin hairs that have persistently stalked me in menopause. Yesterday I had to unclog the shower drain that wasn't able to handle all the hair that is falling from my head.

I sometimes wonder if this is retribution for all the times I shaved off every hair on my body for that extra 10th-of-a-second edge in swim meets when I was a kid.

How are all you other women of a certain age holding up? We haven't checked in with each other for awhile.

Diane? How yoous doing?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 06:46 pm
@Butrflynet,
Time for some of us to answer butrflynet.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:51:05