Orthodontistry

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 02:50 pm
Hey, i no this isnt anything about a debate or anything but this was the only forum i could think of putting this in:

Well, I am 13 years old and I am planning on becoming an orthodontist when i grow up, i have pretty good marks- 89%, and Ijust wanted to know the steps to becoming an orthodontist; meaning I want to know what you have to complete; i.e some degrees, and what subjects in highscool would be better for me.

THANKS A LOT!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 801 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 03:10 pm
The link after the quote will give you a lot of good information. Good luck in your career! Very Happy

Quote:
Dentistry requires diagnostic ability and manual skills. Dentists should have good visual memory, excellent judgment regarding space and shape, a high degree of manual dexterity, and scientific ability. Good business sense, self-discipline, and good communication skills are helpful for success in private practice. High school and college students who want to become dentists should take courses in biology, chemistry, physics, health, and mathematics.

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos072.htm
0 Replies

blackblood

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 07:12 pm
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 07:20 pm
blackblood- You are very welcome. I think that it is great that you, at your age, already know the direction that you are going.
0 Replies