shes 4 yrs older than me , what you think ??

typeR

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:08 am
ive been in china for the past 7 mothns working, and ive met this chinese girl whos teaching english .words cannot describe the way i feel for her , its only been 4 mothns since ive met and 1 month since we've been going out , but i feel like ive known her for ages and we feel soo comfortable with each other and shes an AMAZING girl...but i know that girls are much more mature than guys, even if they are younger ...but let me know what you guys think....thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 953 • Replies: 9
No top replies

aidan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:25 am
It you're both adults - four years is nothing - or at least that's what I think.
0 Replies

typeR

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:32 am
yeaah...im 20 and shes 24
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:46 am
Without knowing any of the details - I'd say that's not a big deal. Does she seem much more mature than you? Where are you from originally? It's just an impression I have and I may be wrong, but it seems to me that Asian women are usually a little more sheltered within their families than American or European women. Do you think this is the case with her.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:51 am
She may be using you for your TypeR.

20 to 24 is nothing.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:04 am
I'm 4 years older than Mr B and we've been married for almost 16 years. It's not the 4 years that concerns me, but the 20 and 24 does a bit. Are you staying in China or are you returning to your home and thinking of asking her to join you?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:25 am
The age isn't the question for me either...it's the culture difference.

Would she be willing to leave and come here or you stay there? Do you understand dating norms in her country? Is age a big issue in her culture?

All things that you must think of.
0 Replies

typeR

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:31 pm
hahha....havent told her bout my typeR yet. i will be also be here next year for work. and im returning to canada either winter 2005/2006 to visit the fam. or going back in summer 2006. we've talked about her coming with me , and shes not sure if shes wants to go , she wants me to stay here in china , then in a year or so , she is willing to go back with me , god willing were still together and our families agree. i some what have grasped the concept of the chinese mentality, and it is a big deal the fact that im younger , but she doesnt care . aidan your totally right , she doesnt seem much more mature than me ,yeah most asian girls seem closer to home . but all i can say is things are moving fast.....but she IS AMAZING !!!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:55 pm
I always say "follow your heart" - I know it sounds trite - but the times I haven't - I've looked back in regret. You don't want to be doing that. Play it out and see where it goes.

If she's into you enough to go against some of her cultural "rules" and strong enough to stand up to her family for something she wants without resenting you - let her make that decision. Just be aware that it's an issue.

I went out with a guy twelve years younger than me. I was 34, he was 22. We had exactly the same sense of humor - we were kind of like two sides of the same coin. Of course, we were at such different points in our lives, we ended up going our separate ways - but the love will always be there ( we say we'll get together and settle down when I'm 52 and he's 40). Cool
Anyway - when you find someone you love - you can't just give up - or at least that's what I believe. Good luck.
0 Replies

typeR

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 01:58 am
thanks alot i appreciate it. your right if shes willing to do that for me then shes most def. worth it , and already shes doing things that are giving me the assurance i need to know that shes the 1. i know theres no such thing as the " perfect girl " , but i know there is such a thing as the " right girl/guy" , and there is one out there for every1 , and i truly believe shes the ONE. thanks ~!
0 Replies