Should we obey secret laws?

woiyo

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 08:32 am
Why is it a problem to present a photo ID?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 08:36 am
Less of a problem; more of a test case.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 10:24 am
This is probaly the same type of guy who wants to have open borders and just give away the US to people who are not citizens and wants the US to be controlled by the UN. Does he get mad when he is asked to show his ID when using his credit card?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 06:53 pm
Baldimo wrote:
This is probaly the same type of guy who wants to have open borders and just give away the US to people who are not citizens and wants the US to be controlled by the UN. Does he get mad when he is asked to show his ID when using his credit card?

Maybe he's worried that if folks who don't obey the 'secret laws' end up in Gitmo living in a cage with frequent visits to torture labs in Egypt.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 06:59 pm
Well... what is stupid about these rules is that any terrorists are quite likely to have immaculate documentation.. just as they did in September 2001.

And the library records??? Sheesh. Do you know how many books are taken from libraries each year? Someone who wanted to cover their trail could do so in very, very many ways... so it becomes the honest citizen who is being tracked.

Oddly... this government which is so intent on checking the ID's of people boarding airplanes and looking at library records doesn't want to restrict the "rights" of people on watch lists to own guns. Does that make sense?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 08:10 pm
Piffka wrote:
Well... what is stupid about these rules is that any terrorists are quite likely to have immaculate documentation.. just as they did in September 2001.

And the library records??? Sheesh. Do you know how many books are taken from libraries each year? Someone who wanted to cover their trail could do so in very, very many ways... so it becomes the honest citizen who is being tracked.

Oddly... this government which is so intent on checking the ID's of people boarding airplanes and looking at library records doesn't want to restrict the "rights" of people on watch lists to own guns. Does that make sense?

Have you been to a library lately? I know I have been and you have to show ID to obtain a card. It would be quite easy to check the records.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 12:30 pm
Quote:
Have you been to a library lately? I know I have been and you have to show ID to obtain a card. It would be quite easy to check the records.

Rolling Eyes

Fake ID
Internet
Get someone else to check books out for you

THere are a million ways to get around this, and it's wrong for them even to track records. It opens up the door to thought-crime, which is a scary proposition.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 12:44 pm
Yes, I go to libraries all the time & run, among other things, film progams there. I have an old title that came out in the 60's for you to think about... It's called Steal This Book by Abbie Hoffman.

http://www.mindmined.com/public_library/nonfiction/abbie_hoffman_steal_this_book.html
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 03:33 am
When library books are outlawed, librarians will become the new outlaws!!
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 09:43 pm
sounds like double secret probation.

http://www.tigersweat.com/images/anim10.jpg
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 11:37 pm
Heh, heh!!!
0 Replies