How do I lose weight

jespah

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:30 am
@calli morgan,
No sweat (er, well, there should be sweat while you exercise ....).

Congratulations on your weight loss. That takes a lot of hard work and commitment on your part.

If I may ask you, calli, what kinds of exercise do you do? That might help some of the people on this topic who have asked about weight loss.

Thank you in advance.
calli morgan

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:35 pm
@jespah,
jespa
I live near the beach so i quite enjoy jogging there but i also have a treadclimber machine in my appartment...
they have these in most gyms...
jespah

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 04:10 am
@calli morgan,
Very nice. Do you do any weight lifting, or is it just cardio?
calli morgan

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:08 am
@jespah,
alittle when im stayin with my friend (which is like every other night)
she has like a whole set of different weights
0 Replies

Sadieboo38

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 09:27 am
@Whitney 2009,
I know exactly how you feel. I am about to turn 15 this december and I have had the same problem for about 6 years now. When I was about 8 years old I weighed a good 140 pounds. My doctor was concerned about my weight but never told me how to lose it. So my mom was feeding me veggies and fruits and I played soccer as a sport. But my weight still seemed to increase. As I reached the age of 10 I had dropped about 20 pounds but found later that year that I had gained back 10 only to find that it was muscle( So even though your body weight may be a little higher than normal, you could just be very well muscle built) And now that I am 14 5'5 and 163 pounds. Im still trying to drop but am still having problems. So I tried to start off little.

Usually what I do is watch t.v. shows and see some simple exercise methods. Such as doing sit ups (about 10 -20 each day) or just dancing to music.

If I ever get hungy Near a meal time I will try to have a light snack such as a special k bar or some fruit. When meal time comes around (I oviously dont tell my mom Im trying to lose a few pounds because she becomes quite furious) but I take smaller proportions.

And about the doctor, I know exactly, I mean exactly how you feel. Every time I go for a checkup she always talks about me losing weight. She says the average weight for a 13-14 year old is about 140-150 pounds.

I knows its hard but just try to keep a positive attitude, try some simple exersice methods and before you know it your on your way to losing weight.

P.s. I heard on the radio one time about a girl who was 11 and weighed about 200 pounds. The doctor told her a really rediculous eating habit that I actually tried and found worked. If you tend to eat your food quite quickly and swallow your body doesnt get as full as fast, so it tends to make you even hungrier. But if you take the time to chew your food ( try about 10 times per bite or longer) and eat slowly then you wont feel as hungy. I know its sound rediculous but sooner or later you find yourself doing it automatically.

Hope I helped Smile
-Sarah
jespah

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 04:08 pm
@Sadieboo38,
Eating slower definitely does help. Your brain takes about 20 minutes to register fullness so you need to get less food in before the full signal kicks in. Hence you eat less. Plus it puts you in the moment. Food becomes something to be enjoyed and not just something to toss into your belly because you're bored or whatever.

Sounds like you're doing well, Sadie -- and welcome to A2K. Smile
0 Replies

GJHBABES

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 10:26 am
Well i think you will know the answer...
EXCERSISE
EAT BALANCED

i am 13. i used to be quite chubby but i changed my lifestyle.
if you don't like doing excersise get a yoga dvd, i do about an hour everynight and it helps alot and i don't get tired or anything. it boosts ur energy levels and tones your body.
now with the eating. You have to resist all junk food. At first it was one of the hardest things to do but if you cut ALL junk food out of your life for at least 2 weeks then your straight and you will be able to trust your self to then carry on eating a sensible amount of junk food without overdoing it. make sure that you drink lots of liquid. don't drink any fizzy drinks cuz they stain your teeth and they will make you bloated. drink water or fruit juice with a small amount of sugar contained. eat fruit and veg. im not to keen on veg but i put some lettace in with a sandwich and i didn't realise it was there , so im getting the goodness i need with out knowing it !
my friends have all decided to eat healthily and excersise aswell so get your mates to join in and it will be much easier.
i was obsessed with losing weight and to be honest i still am but there was a period in the middle where i just totally forgot about losing weight and just enjoyed life but now the summer is coming so i just want to lose even more weight to get the perfect body.
and DON'T GIVE UP .... there will be times when you think that all the trying is useless so you might aswell just give up and forget about it. thinking that is just downing your confidence so forget about it and stick to your diet
hope this helps Smile
xx
jespah

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 03:29 pm
@GJHBABES,
Fantastic response. It always is best to hear from someone who's been there. Best of luck to you for continued improving health. GJHBABES, and welcome to A2K. Smile
0 Replies

kieadair

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 07:38 pm
hey, i know a great way.
i once had a weight of 9 stone when i were 9, okay. when i got to ten years old id lost 1 stone so i were 8, when i got to 11 years old i lost another stone and i weighed 7 stone and i kept that weight till now, (i am 13)
okay what i did was i used to eat junk food like chocolate products and sweets wich have a high amount of fats and callories, so i cut them out compleatly

what it were is that when i ate. i couldnt stop, i had to get more and more and more because ur consience wants you to do that.
till one day my mother said i were putting on weight i started worrying because i loveto play soccer.

so instead of eating junk food all the time, i ate ffruit all the time instead
and i exersised on a regular basis and did losts of sit up

now i can play soccer and do well for my future.

but u have to follow what you really want.
0 Replies

Happytohelp

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 11:22 pm
@Whitney 2009,
Hey I am 13 as well and I am on a diet right now and I have lost 2 pounds all ready. What I am doing is not eating sugar or bread for 21 and I was riding my bike and walking a lot. I am also walking around the house while i talk on my phone and I stay occupied I know what it's like trust me. I don't want to talk to a doctor but I do have my mom supporting me and helping me stay active. I think you should talk to your mom as well and let her know the foods you want to start eating so you have some one there to help you and keep you stable and on track.
0 Replies

musicc09

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 12:05 am
@Whitney 2009,
hey i am a 13 yr old girl and i have the same problem. I have played sports my whole life but i have never really eaten all that great. I love sports and hope you do to. But lately i have just been lazy. I have started Cheerleading and everyone else is skinny. so i have started to eat right. and now im actice and eat good. i havent lost alot bur a couple lbs. so i hope i helped

0 Replies

sdf12niyah

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 05:40 pm
try this eat smaller portions my mom told me that after a few dayz of eating least food your stomach shrinks so that u cant have a lot of food. At first I was eating 1 meal a day. My mom told me that it wasnt health for me. When I went to the doctor they told me i was 5' 10' and i wieghed170 my mom says that i cant do cheerleading if I dont loose wieght. She said that 170 wasnt a regular wieght for a 13 year old. Since I moved I gained 5 pounds. Allthough I do exricise I eat rite I know that feel self councious of myself sometimes but never have i said "im fat" i think of myself as a beautiful girl who has ambition, love, support, family, and who can dio anything. And Emma Whitney and everyone you need to have adrive to do that diet because EVERYONE in my family eats a lot. So have self restraint. And if you need someone to support you 100% im here.

With lots of love and support,

Shaniyah
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 05:51 pm
Isn't cheer leading at 13 a bit er er sort of odd.
0 Replies

JessicaAnn

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 08:13 pm
@Whitney 2009,
Heyy, I'm 13 years old too. I weigh about the same as you(171). I feel very insucure around my friends because there all under 120 pounds. I know exactly how you feel. I want to be about 100-110 pounds fast! I don't get it, I play basketball and I do lots of stuff...but I'm just not skinny. I just want to tell you that your not alone! There are many teens BIGGER than us(: If you work hard, soo will I!
Lots of Support, Jessica!
0 Replies

sammijo

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 05:37 pm
@Whitney 2009,
Whitney i am in the same place as you are and i have no idea how to help myself i hate healthy food so much i love very unhealthy stuff so i had tried a diet called the protein diet all you do is for breckfest and lunch eat only eggs meat or cheese which ever you want for the first week the second week you will get to have only one hour a day to eat what ever you want i lost 10 pounds the first week but i couldnt keep it up it was to hard for me when i saw people eating at parties cake and icecream it was horrible so i hope this diet will help you as it almost did for me oh and exercise every day and keep track of what you are doing
Green Witch

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 05:59 pm
@sammijo,
Not only is this an unhealthy diet that will doom you to failure in the long run, but it will probably make you so constipated you will have to see a doctor.
0 Replies

Luzy

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:00 pm
@emma157,
well emma no your not since your young and when u grow older you will lose it . and my name is luzmary and im chubby but hey i rather be chubby than skinny for my personal reason .if u wanna kno ask me,,,, but any way if u wanna loose weight just be active dont eat a whole lot of junk food. Mcdonalds is our worst enemy. Too much grease and fat !!! For me what i did i turn vegie which gave me no reason to go to fast food since its alll meat.But u can balance what u eat ..make sure u eat lots of fruits and healthy stuff.EAT home cook meals. if u wanna eat mcdonalds eat it once in a while not every week. And dat boy miles if thats his name dont worry about him. he dont deserve u .Boys who jugde gurls from their apperance are asses . Get someone who deserve your kindness
spendius

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:04 pm
@Luzy,
I rate kindness too.
Luzy

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:06 pm
@spendius,
oh hi, thats good. whats your name?
spendius

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:11 pm
@Luzy,
I don't give it out in case kindness faking takes me for a ride.