How do I lose weight

shasha shoot

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 06:40 pm
i'm 13 too. i'm 5'6 & 133 lbs. i believe that i am overweight also.
but i learned in p.e. that it's not just overweight, normal, etc. it also ahs to dowith your body type & build. some people are tall and very thin, others have a muscular build, etc. there's specific names but i don't remember them.

@ the beginning of this summer i weighed 145 lbs. during the summer i started to diet with my step sister. all we did was cut out most junk food. we would slip sometimes. which is why we didn't loose so much. 12 lbs in total just about for each of us. we tried to cut out all junk food but it's REALLY hard.
we also cut out some carbs that we were eating. so if we wanted a snack when we came home from school, we would have an apple or salad instead of pasta.

what also helped me alot was 1 a day weight smart. it's a pill that you take every day with your breakfast. you have to swallow it but it helps A LOT. i was always overweight since about 3rd grade but i'm finally starting to thin down a little. one a day weight smart makes your metabolism faster so you burn your food quicker. it worked wonders for me. you should try it. you start loosing lbs. in the matter of a week. it's great. plus, you can pretty much eat like you normally do. but it's better if you eat healthier. you loose weight quicker and also when you stop taking the pills you won't gain the weight back.

i hope i helped. :/
:] Kate.
0 Replies

shasha shoot

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 06:41 pm
i'm 13 too. i'm 5'6 & 133 lbs. i believe that i am overweight also.
but i learned in p.e. that it's not just overweight, normal, etc. it also ahs to dowith your body type & build. some people are tall and very thin, others have a muscular build, etc. there's specific names but i don't remember them.

@ the beginning of this summer i weighed 145 lbs. during the summer i started to diet with my step sister. all we did was cut out most junk food. we would slip sometimes. which is why we didn't loose so much. 12 lbs in total just about for each of us. we tried to cut out all junk food but it's REALLY hard.
we also cut out some carbs that we were eating. so if we wanted a snack when we came home from school, we would have an apple or salad instead of pasta.

what also helped me alot was 1 a day weight smart. it's a pill that you take every day with your breakfast. you have to swallow it but it helps A LOT. i was always overweight since about 3rd grade but i'm finally starting to thin down a little. one a day weight smart makes your metabolism faster so you burn your food quicker. it worked wonders for me. you should try it. you start loosing lbs. in the matter of a week. it's great. plus, you can pretty much eat like you normally do. but it's better if you eat healthier. you loose weight quicker and also when you stop taking the pills you won't gain the weight back.

i hope i helped. :/
:] Kate.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 06:55 pm
Go and read the thread called "teen diets" in the featured area of Sports & Fitness (read at least the first 6 pages for your answer)
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 01:19 am
Eat two different fruits a day say like bananas, oranges or apples. Switch fruits and foods. Don't eat the same food all the time. Eat carrots, tomatos, cucumbers, etc. Raw vegetables and fruits provide enzymes which clean out your blood and system. There are a lot of tiny undigested food particles floating in your blood. The enzymes help in digesting them and keeps your blood clean.
0 Replies

chicaa11

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:01 pm
i need weightloss fast.
hey.

im a 13 year old girl (soon to be 14), im about 5'4, and 126 pounds. see, im not really fat fatt, my docter says in perfectly normal but i just want to be slimmer. i notice that i have pretty big love handles though. thats the only thing i really need to get rid of and i hear there really hard to lose. i work out about 30 minutes a day and i try to eat healthy but i still eat some sweets. i wonder if thats why im not as slim as i could be? i defnitley have flubber which i why i want to get rid of it and lose weight. im hoping to be around 115 pounds. my mom says i could easily lose 5 pounds in a week but that just seems impossible. my mom always tells me i was so much chubbier then she was at my age. but i cant really help it. im not really that self consious. should i be? am i overweight?

please help me.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:16 pm
I don't know if you're overweight (there are tables out there that can tell you that) but you're most likely still getting taller. I'm 5'6" and when I was 126 I was way skinny. So you're only a couple of inches shorter than that.

I don't know about losing weight, per se, but you could tone yourself a bit. Others know better than I do but I bet weight training (lifting free weights) would help you as that sort of thing helps with definition. What kind of exercise are you doing? Walking? Bike riding? Running? Skating? Something else? Let's see if we can make your 30 minutes per day do something different for your body.

Oh -- and welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

chicaa11

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:29 pm
tredmil.
i usually run on the tredmill in my basement or go on the olptical. i legs are sorta toned besides my inner thighs. and i have arm muscles but theres definitley still some fat. so i guess my main area to lose is my stomach. advice?

thankss.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:40 pm
I know pushups are good for the arms and shoulders. The core is always the toughest to lose. Hmm.
0 Replies

catluvzmax

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2008 05:09 pm
You could
Well ive been loosing weight by being a vegitarian but that doesnt work for everyone cuz everyone needs vitamens
but i have to eat alot of vegtables and fruit and only a little bread thats mostly it i get water and milk.....
but if your not the type to be a vegan or vegitarian you could
ask your mom to buy lots of vegies and fruit and some meat and if you cook it right like skinless grilled chicken and some kind of vegie side then you could lose weight but you would have to excise run around outside dance in your room when no ones around [i do that lol]
but im 13 i weigh 120 now a few months ago i weighed 149 sadly enough
you can do it if you think of a candy bar as nasty or a mean little candy bar :] i hope this helped
0 Replies

fgkee

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:49 pm
tips on books helps me a lot, check out this book - The UltraSimple Diet
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1416547762
0 Replies

simon ram

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 05:59 pm
please help me
hello i'm Simon and i weight about 10-12 stones and i'm only 13 years old and i really want to know how to lose weight and go on a diet i would like to be about 6-7 stones Very Happy. can you all please help me out
0 Replies

simon ram

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 06:02 pm
help
hello i'm Simon and i weight about 10-12 stones and i'm only 13 years old and i really want to know how to lose weight and go on a diet i would like to be about 6-7 stones Very Happy. can you all please help me out
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 04:16 am
How tall are you, Simon? That will determine whether your body mass index is close or far from normal. That is the number you should be caring about, more than the number of pounds or stone.
0 Replies

missanj

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 03:43 pm
losing weight
i am 13 years old (ill be 14 in sep.) and i weigh 128lbs. i am 5 feet 1 1/2 inches. i want to lose 28 lbs in 4 months. plzz can anyone help me, also i am vegetarian but anyways i want to lose 28 lbs before going to high school plzz help Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 08:53 pm
Re: Am I? If So... Help Me
candidone1 wrote:

I have a friend who has the most amazing calves...I will never have them no mattter how hard I work at them. Genetics were good to him.

Question
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 11:28 am
Genetics have little to do with that. That person is a runner or a race-walker, I bet.
0 Replies

VaneEnglish

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 12:53 pm
Re: help
simon ram wrote:

hi! the best advice i can give you is to start eating healthy, and excersise, there are no miracle ways to loose weight no matter what they tell you..
0 Replies

calli morgan

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:44 am
@Whitney 2009,
hey whitney!
im a thirteen year old girl as well and i have lost alot of weight in only about half a year! the guidlines of this "diet" are just eating healthy and excercise.

1. eat as little wheat as possible; pizza, bread, etc.
2. lots of vegetables and lots of fruits
3. no soda and sugary juices
4. no fast food

i know its hard work but with the help of this diet i went from over 180 pounds to about 110!
its an amazing life changing experience when you realise that you are getting thinner and even more beautiful...
and its the best feeling when guys start to see you in a different light than before!

-good luck-
0 Replies

calli morgan

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:54 am
@Whitney 2009,
hey whitney!
i was about 140 pounds two months ago but now im about 110!
so these are the guidlines to a thinner more beautiful you!
1.more veggies and fruits
2.less wheat and grain; pizza, bread, ect.
3.less fast food
4.less sodas and sugary juices
5.excersise
i know its hard work but it really is worth it when you can see yourself as a prettier person...
its the best feeling when you step on the scale and realise that you are lighter than you were the day before!
but remember that you must lose the weight at a gradual pace (i have become ill trying to lose too much weight too fast).

-good luck-
calli morgan

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 02:23 am
@calli morgan,
sorry about that my frien posted the 1st one and i posted the second one!
lol