timberlandko

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 11:27 pm
I don't mind discussing it - but this thread prolly doesn't need the digression. The short version is I think a lotta folks wanna make more of it than there is to be made, but then, thats just my take. I was in sprayed areas, and close to active spraying, lotsa times. I can't really say I blame it for anything that bothers me now, really. I'd bitch about getting old, but then I knew a lotta guys who were denied that option, so I figure I'm not that badly off.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 11:31 pm
Thanks T.

Right you are: back to the proof of Faith Healing.

Is there any?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 11:36 pm
extra medium wrote:
... back to the proof of Faith Healing.

Is there any?

So far as I'm aware, none that meets any legitimate, academic, scientific standard. I put it right there with Atlantis, The Bermuda Triangle, and Alien Pyramid Builders - only not quite so romantically developed.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 11:38 pm
I really don't see what is so difficult about proving faith healing, if it is real.

Just someone walk up to someone that is really sick, and heal them. Instantly.

Thats it right?

Are there any clinically documented cases of this anywhere?

Please don't give us those fakers on church TV that pretend like they can't walk or something, then someone touches them, then they jump up.

No. Clinically documented. Are there any cases?

And if someone has this power, why are they stingy about it?
Why not pronto jump on a plane to Africa or India or any major city anywhere and start healing? Turn the world onto to this now! Don't even have to post it here, just get out there healing and you will be on CNN and MTV in days! We here will have to shut up about it. Go do it!

Why does it have to be hidden behind smoke, mirrors, and innuendo?

Truth. Proof. ?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 12:08 am
Never mind stingy, if it's real - then why not pick up James Randi's million?

I know...the god wouldn't approve.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 12:13 am
Eorl wrote:
Never mind stingy, if it's real - then why not pick up James Randi's million?

I know...the god wouldn't approve.... Rolling Eyes

Hmmm...

If anyone had the ability to heal like that, and they hid their lantern under a bushel, would god approve? (nod to Set)
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 01:53 am
Yeah, you be setting up rooms in hospitals and working 20 hour days if you really had a proven gift.

You'd be walking through the childrens ward instead of passing around the collection plate.

...and you'd think every church on the planet could find a use for a million bucks....nope, don't need it apparently.
0 Replies

puglia

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:17 pm
Please see "which religion is the real religion?" for my responses to the request for proof.

Thank you.

Pug
0 Replies