The Assistant Warden's Wife

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 03:03 am
Escapee, assistant warden’s wife turn up

Pair discovered after 11 years

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY - A convicted killer who escaped from prison almost 11 years ago with the wife of the assistant warden was found Monday following a tip generated by the show “America’s Most Wanted,” the FBI said. . . .

The inmate, Randolph Dial, was arrested in a mobile home about 6:30 p.m. in Shelby County, Texas . . . The assistant warden’s wife, Bobbi Parker, was found a short time later working at a chicken ranch elsewhere in the county, agents said.

Parker, described by the FBI as an endangered missing person, was not arrested.

"As far as I know, she has no intention of leaving,” Shelby County Sheriff Newton Johnson told The Oklahoman late Monday. “She said she wants to stay on the farm and raise chickens."

Johnson said Bobbi Parker did ask an FBI agent about her daughters and husband. She appeared healthy and unharmed, the sheriff said.

It was unclear whether Bobbi Parker had remained with Dial for all of the past years. . . .

I wonder why she wasn't arrested?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,615 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Montana

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 03:06 am
Yeah, me too. Strange!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 03:42 am
On what charge?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 04:15 am
Isn't working on a chicken ranch punishment enough?

Joe(hand me that shovel)Nation
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 04:49 am
Doesn't say she helped him escape, just that she went with him when he did.

If she did help him escape, there's probably a statute of limitations.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 03:51 pm
Debra
Now the lady (Mrs Parker) is saying she was held against her will for 11 years................?

I'm trying real hard to swallow that..
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 04:14 pm
I'm glad she finally showed some interest in her daughters.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 06:42 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I'm glad she finally showed some interest in her daughters.

Laughing
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 04:58 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
On what charge?

Perhaps an aiding and abetting charge? I haven't reviewed the Oklahoma criminal statutes, but generally it is a crime to aid or assist a convicted offender to escape.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 05:06 pm
squinney wrote:
Doesn't say she helped him escape, just that she went with him when he did.

If she did help him escape, there's probably a statute of limitations.

Perhaps. Generally, a statute of limitations is tolled when an offender flees the jurisdiction to avoid prosecution. I would like to hear her story.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 05:19 pm
I agree with Squinney. That's what I meant when I wrote "On what charge?" I don't see anything in the story which accuses the woman of aiding and abetting anybody. In fact, the way the story is worded, she could have been a kidnap victim. Whatever the case, I'm sure that the Oklahoma prosecutorial authorities (state's Attorney General or whoever) decided that they had no case to bring before a judge and jury and decided to just let sleeping dogs lie.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 05:23 pm
The article said that the FBI had considered her an endangered person. The article in the other thread on this subject also seemed to suggest that she may have considered herself, or her family to be in some danger.

It'll likely take a while before the truth is revealed - if it ever comes out.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 05:52 pm
Gee. Either I know much less than I thought, or you people are severely wrong, and incredulously forgiving.

I don't think there's a "statute of limitations" on helping someone break out of prison--and she was also obstructing justice. She'sprobably guilty of a few other counts.

The reason she's not arrested yet is she's trying to pass off the lie that she was held against her will.

So far, they're not challenging her on it.

I don't think it will be long before they do.

They may be allowing her poor daughters a decent reunion before slapping the cuffs on her.

Did anyone else immediately think she was lying?
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:07 pm
In a word "yes!!!".
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:13 pm
I have a feeling that this woman is not very smart--in fact she's probably well below average in intelligence.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 07:24 pm
Channeling every defense lawyer in the US, :::: what we have here is a person mesmerized by another, a victim of a dynamic personality, a Svengali, who lured her away to another life and kept her captive through intimidation and threats to her family.

What do you think? A year in jail followed by a movie/book deal??
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 10:45 pm
According to reports, they are still investigating the assistant warden's wife's role in the escape. They're still not sure if she was the escaped convict's hostage or his woman. They shared the same bedroom. She has had a countless number of opportunities to get away from him over the years. She had her own car and went by herself into town to buy groceries and supplies. Was she suffering from Stockholm Syndrome? Nobody really knows yet.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 04:56 am
Unlike usual Stockholm syndrome cases, where was the escapee's motivation for holding his hostage after his getaway?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 06:57 am
I'm not sure of his motivation. I can only speculate. But I did see him on a television report dressed in his orange jumpsuit. He was an ominous character. He seemed to quote with pride from a book about him (and his escape) wherein the author warned that he wasn't the type of person that anyone wanted to cross.

Immediately thereafter, he said that the deputy warden's wife didn't have anything to worry about because SHE wasn't responsible for his capture.

It was also reported that his last wife was murdered approximately one month after he went to prison. Obviously, he didn't murder her because he was behind bars -- but did he have someone else do the job? That in and of itself would be terrifying to his captive IF he told her that he could harm her family, even from behind bars, just like his last wife. She very well could have lived all those years believing the only way her family would EVER be safe was if she stayed with him.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 01:27 pm
Debra:
You see an ominous character, I see a "Papa" Hemingway like character.............You say potatoes and I say.........
0 Replies