Algerian community in Australia

yougou

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 06:47 pm
@ehBeth,
hello everyone, i am algerian living in london and my wife is australian and we are heading to australia soon,can anyone tell me if is there any algerians in CANBERRA??thankyou.
smane

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 11:49 pm
@yougou,
I may be the only Algerian in Canberra. I visited the embassy ages ago and was told that there was a professor at the Australian National University. Been here for 4 years now and have yet to meet an Algerian.

Samir
emmad

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:54 pm
@MeriemG,
Hi, I was wondering about the Algerian community in Melbourne. Is there an organisation or group that I could contact? Thanks.
youcef2008

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 07:11 am
@emmad,
hello
i am youcef i have 26 years
my dreim to go australia and live ther ( i am not universty ...i just have hisht school)
any one algerian living in australia can help me cus i try immigration but them told me i must have some one ther
thats my msn
[email protected]
hingehead

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 06:51 pm
Heh, that approach is probably better than East Timor....
0 Replies

sweetsoleil

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 12:46 pm
@youcef2008,
Hi youcef,

I am sorry to have hurt you last time with my message but i behaved exactly like an algerian (but i am australian ok). First, let me try to explain my silly behaviour and I am sure that you will understand and would want to marry me and have children with me after reading the story: so; one day, somebody had his car broken down; he didnt know what to do as he did not have a jack. In the opposite street 4 algerians were chating and having fun, Our guy was thinking that I should ask them for help and come and fix his car...but then he thought what if they say no; what if they insult him; what if they tell him to go away...then he thought no no; i am sure they will help...then he thought they look bastrads to me and quite aggressive so I am not asking these bad people...suddenlly he walks to them and tellls them: YOU know WHAT, YOU CAN STUFF YOUR JACK UP YOUR ARSE...This sweet story will make you undertsand me more and create a very strong and long lasting bond between the two of us. By the way my dad is not a crocodile hunter ...I LOVE YOU

Monica

0 Replies

sweetsoleil

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 12:50 pm
@yougou,
Hello,

my bf is algerian and my advise to you try to live anywhere in OZ but camberra. Camberra is the most boring, non-popuated city in the planet. EVEN John Howard did not want to live there. You might want to try Sydney, a truly beautiful city, nice food, wonderful people. You will also find good north african dishes and you never know, if you divorce, you can get yourself a beautiful lebanese girl (dont tell your wife of course).

Hope this helps

Monica
0 Replies

sweetsoleil

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 12:55 pm
my advise to you if you want to find algerian communities in australia is to focus your search on shopping centres; the reason being, like lebanese, they are all pick-pockets.

hope this helps

Monica
houciaus

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 04:07 am
@sweetsoleil,
Hi Monica,
I 'm houcine from Tunisia ,I am waiting for my permanent visa and I've been sponsored by the government of western Australia and thinking to settle in Perth but I feel frustrated to have not find tunisians,algerians or morrocans friends living there. I've been trying via internet but with no result.
I 'm wondering if you have any idea how to find friends in W.A because I’m feeling that I will completely lost in this huge country at least in the first period. I will move alone and I know it will be a big adventure but I would like to try it, I think it does worth!!!
Any help would be appreciated!! My e-mail is [email protected]
Cheers
Houcine
0 Replies

houciaus

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 04:12 am
@smane,
Hi samir
I'm tunisian architect and planning to settle in Perth in W.A . Have you got any idea how to find freinds from the Maghreb living there.
Any help please
Thanks!!
Houcine
0 Replies

houciaus

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 04:26 am
@Wheedler,
Hi okba,
I 'm houcine from tunisia and waiting for my permanant visa to settle in perth (W.A) .To apply for a skilled worker visa you should contact the department of immigration and citizenship DIAC on their website www.immi.gov.au and you will find everything you wanna know...
Good luck!!
0 Replies

saife

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 03:58 pm
@Meh1,
hi im algerian i live in melbourne in the western suburbs i'm also looking for any algerians living in melborne ..where abouts are you from?
0 Replies

Djidjou50

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 11:15 am
@Meh1,
saha mehdi algerians from dublin i been to melbourne twice and im going back i april 2011 i know few algerians living in melbourne and sydney la kemba this is my email address [email protected] keep in touch and i will give the detail. take brothers
djallel from dublin
0 Replies

dahbra

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 09:21 pm
@dd1,
Hi,
There in no such an official Algerian commnity but thereare about 2000 algerians who live in Australia.Most of them live in Sydney.
I am an Algerian myself and i know about 80 Algerians.
Dahman
Ley-la

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 09:53 am
@dahbra,
I plan to go and work in SA by the end of the next month and I would like to know how you did to find the Algerian community in the place you live.
Leyla
0 Replies

worldtraveller

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:10 am
There is a few Algerians i have met in Sydney.But there are a lot converting to Christianity when they arrive as there is a guy in Sydney named Abdallah Bahri who came here and became a priest and has been in charge of Arabic ministry here in Sydney.He lives in a place called Smithfield and has converted his Algerian wife to be a Christian now too and all his kids.He lives in Jane street smithfield sydney.He knows a lot of Algerians as he came here in 1988 and has become everyones friend.Abdallah came from Oran, if you don't already know him.Anyone else know him?
worldtraveller

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 07:25 am
A lot go to Lakemba.But beware, the ones who live in lakemba (there is a mosque in Lakemba too)The majority of the lakemba Algerian community are being pursuaded by the other Algerians that they have to adhere to a very strick type of islam.They are even refusing to have televisions to watch .They will come around to visit you and will tell you to get rid of your tv.if u want to live in Australie avec le FILS brotherhood roaming the neighbourhood sans liberty then lakemba is for you.
0 Replies

Ley-la

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 02:14 pm
@worldtraveller,
I'm looking for Algerians who live in Adelaide. I don't care about their religion. The reason why I'm asking is because I want to get intouch with them and exchange some good plans.
Some people cannot go beyond their restricted opinions, I'm sorry for them. They want to establish limits by positionning each person in a group based on their religions, political views or ethnic races.
0 Replies

feefa

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 11:04 am
@dahbra,
My husband is Algerian and moving to Perth soon - do you know of any Algerians there? Thanks!
farouk uk cardiff

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 08:58 pm
@msolga,
Salamo 3alikom algerian live in uk to all the algerian in australia hafadakom allah