Algerian community in Australia

dd1

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 06:52 pm
No no, I am actually studying in Australia, it's been 3 years now. I am Born in France But my background is Algerian (berber). And I miss my cultural background that's why I am looking for an eventual algerian community... :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 06:56 pm
That's what I thought you were saying, dd1, but got confused by your comment.
0 Replies

dd1

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:13 pm
What comment msloga ? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dd1

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:15 pm
Oh i went back and saw why you go t confused. I was living in France before hehe..sorry... Embarrassed
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 12:32 am
Not to worry, dd1! Very Happy
0 Replies

laksa

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 05:11 pm
Hi There, i am an algerian currently living in sydney for about six years, we are about a thousand or a bit more than this , most of us living in Sydney and close by suburbs. the algerain embassy have just reopened last month in the Capital. nice to meet you guys all and thankyou. Laksa
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 05:22 pm
G'day laksa, and welcome to A2K, and Sydney.

I wasn't aware there was an Algerian community here - perhaps dd1 will chime back in and make contact.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 03:07 am
Hello & welcome, laksa! Very Happy
A pity you weren't here a little earlier on, to respond to dd1's queries.
0 Replies

dd1

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:40 pm
Hello I am back where about in Sydney is the Algerian community ? Do you know some berber as well ?
Thank you for the info and hope to hear from you soon :wink: .
dd1.
0 Replies

Meh1

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 07:51 am
Any Algerians in Melbourne?
Hi,
I'm an Algerian living in Melbourne. I was also wondering if there's an Algerian community in Melbourne. I have n't met or spoken to any Algerians in 5 years.
Meh1

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 08:06 am
Algerians in Melbourne
Hey msolga. I'm also looking for Algerians in the western suburbs of Melbourne I also live close to Footscray. Let me know if you're still around.
Setanta

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 08:09 am
I wandered in here and the went out to do some online searching--i didn't find anything about an Algerian or Berber community in Austrialia, but interestingly, i found this thread linked on the search page in three separate entries.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 08:46 am
OK, i'm not going to spend any more time on this, but i did come up with something. What you see below in blue is a "clickable" link. If you go to that page and do some research, you might find what you are looking for:

AfricanOz--the African Australian Online Resource

At the top, you'll see a "contact us" link. If you send them an email with your email address, maybe they can send you the information you are seeking.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 09:01 am
OK, OK, i coudn't resist.

This page at DIMA (the Australian Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs) has the names and addresses of multicultural affairs offices by state. If you call these folks, they may have answers for you.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 07:25 am
Re: Algerians in Melbourne
Meh1 wrote:
Hey msolga. I'm also looking for Algerians in the western suburbs of Melbourne I also live close to Footscray. Let me know if you're still around.

Surprised Just found this post.

Hello, Meh1! Welcome to A2K! Very Happy
Yes, I'm still around. But I don't actually live in the western suburbs. I live in the inner north, but visit Footscray fairly regularly. (For the fabulous Vietnamese food!) My friend who works with newly arrived immigrant students in the western suburbs wasn't able to track down a sizeable Algerian community in Melbourne the last time I asked. I'll ask again this weekend.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:23 am
I was in ressies with an Algerian student in Canberra in 1990 - he loved Rai.

Maybe the embassy there has contacts? http://www.algeriaemb.org.au/
0 Replies

dd1

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 07:06 am
Hello everyone...msolga and margo...maybe you forgot about me but anyway i always come back too late in here Sad

Anyway I have been very busy lately between work and uni..almost the end for me then i'll have to look for a job...

How are you ?
By the way I don't know if you know but I'm not a man lol but a woman Wink
Hope to hear from you very soon

dd1 Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:50 am
dd1 wrote:
By the way I don't know if you know but I'm not a man lol but a woman Wink

The best gender to be, by far, IMHO, dd1! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:55 am
Hey, the penny just dropped! Surprised

That was you asking for advice about teaching in Oz!

The name sounded rather familiar, but I couldn't quite place just who it was.

You're doing really well! Very Happy

(Keep in touch & tell us how it goes, OK?)
0 Replies

dd1

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 05:46 am
Hello Msolga it's nice to hear from you again, i will let you know for sure...Smile

I posted another post have you read it ?
A friend of mine needs some new potential clients for his business you wouln't be interester in knowing Algerian Berber culture ? Or maybe you would know some that would be ? I promised my friend to help so I'm doing the ad Very Happy lol
0 Replies