Women that have affairs with married men...

furphy

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 04:40 pm
I've recently met a woman that has only just broken off an affair she's been having with a married man... I really like her, but having found this out, she's fallen from grace in my mind... does this necessarily say anything about the type of person she is...?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,708 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 04:52 pm
Quote:

does this necessarily say anything about the type of person she is...?

furphy - Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

It might, and it might not. There are lots of reasons that people have affairs with people who are married. Some are legitimate, some not. I would suggest though, that since just the fact of her affair is something that you consider a "fall from grace", that you would do her a favor by leaving her alone.

One thing that she does not need is a guilt trip, either overtly delivered or implied.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 07:48 pm
Who started the affair?

Your post suggests that she ended the affair. Why? Did she decide it was wrong? Did she feel it was going no place? Had he lied about being married--or suggested that his wife didn't understand him? Were children involved? Did she realize he was a two-timing SOB?

Your question suggest a good bit about what sort of person you may be.

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 07:51 pm
It is only safe to base your opinions of people based on your interactions with them.
0 Replies

rodbogey

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:08 pm
I absolutely agree with Lash. You can't judge her because of her past. Plus, you seem not to know about her affair with the married man. There could be 1000s of reasons why she was spending time with him which are not necessarly bad reasons. Affairs involving married people are not always something to be ashamed of. My advice: don't judge her and get to know her better.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:17 pm
I agree with the others and my view is that the man she was seeing is the one who was having the affair, not her.
0 Replies

ukman

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 03:33 am
personally I would never date a girl if she told me shed had affairs .Maybe Im old fashioned but I never have cheated on my wife (exwife whatever she is now) maybe therin lies my problem,a nice guy ,.

I find it hard enough with one relationship never mind 2 or 3 at once.
0 Replies

furphy

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 04:13 pm
What bothers me is the deceit... the two of them together deceived the wife... he didn't do it on his own... and why do people so often say you can't judge anyone on the basis of their past... it seems a reasonable thing to do to me... it's not like we're reborn every few hours... she knew from the start he was married and had children at home... I don't really find a problem with a few taboos, otherwise you can reason your way in and out of anything... anyway, I still really like her... it's just this one thing that bothers me...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 04:15 pm
If it bothers you, leave her alone.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 04:24 pm
ehBeth wrote:
If it bothers you, leave her alone.

Yes, you'll be doing both of you a favor.

People have affairs because they are missing something, or think they are missing something, from their lives, not because they are evil. It's interesting that she told you, it may have been her way of warning you away.

Joe(You knew I was a snake when you picked me up <old song>)Nation
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 04:36 pm
I think, furphy, if we accept gossip as fact, or if we extract one issue from a person's life--not having experienced everything involved in that one issue, we come away with a one-sided, and likely inaccurate opinion.

Can you imagine one thing in your life you have done that you're ashamed of?

Now, imagine admitting it to someone you just met--but you're not allowed to give any explanation. Just admit the shameful behavior....

Can you understand?
0 Replies